Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 3 GTN annoyances

nazzeth
12.03.2012 , 01:01 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Raora View Post
3. Who are these fools that run around the GTN terminal in circles for an hour non stop? Do they have nothing better to do? Talk about annoying when you are trying to list 50 items 1-2 times a day!
Raora
This is why I have a Mailbox and GTN terminal on my ship. Pure isolation

asbalana
12.03.2012 , 10:08 AM | #92
you are right, somethings have gone up but used to be staples of selling for 1200cpu like polyplast and electrum now sell for 650-800cpu range
I've been getting about 1,050 for Polyplast and it sells like hot cakes. Electrum is about 700 per unit and is not a fast seller.

On the other hand, things like MK-6 kits were at around 32,000 per and now easily go for about 38,000. I sold ten yesterday in the 40,000+ range.

LOL, things like Biometric Alloy which was in the 100,000+ range go for about 3,000 each. Yesterday I picked up ten (for my own crafting) at 700 each.

Early on I was concerned about being a one trick pony and built a large product base. It has paid off and I stack mats that I know will always be in demand but are selling low at the moment and list / dump the ones that are selling high at any time. Mutagenic Paste always sold at a good price and then tanked. I stacked a couple of thousand of them in my cargo hold. It has taken a bit of time, but the pricing (at least for now) has come back and is higher than it had been. So I dumped a lot of paste this weekend and made a ton of profit.

Except for few specific mats, the GTN market has always exhibited wide variations in pricing for any mat over a length of time. This is because there is not a constant demand or high volume of sales for most items , So my approach is to keep reserves and move with the markets - list what is high and build cargo hold reserves for what is not,

Helig
12.03.2012 , 10:24 AM | #93
Pretty sure it was mentioned before, but.

1. Poor interface.

2. Poor interface.

3. Poor interface.

Did I mention poor interface?
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Thundergulch
12.07.2012 , 01:46 PM | #94
2. [B]People who place stacks on the GTN in stacks of 1,
Couldn't agree more with this one.
If I need a few of something I REFUSE to buy from someone that puts up dozens of 1 piece of an item.
I avoid them like the plague, I don't care if I have to pay double the price, I won't buy from them. Period.
All they are trying to do is have their product listed on multiple pages to increase sales.
Sorry Charlie, I will never buy from you if you're selling 50 individual mutagenic paste, not even for 1 credit.

Atrimentus
12.07.2012 , 04:23 PM | #95
People who undercut too much. When you're undercutting for over 35% you're not helping yourself or the market for that item. Overtime this practice only lowers the price of said item to a fraction of what it once was (whether the demand or supply have increased it still happens).

BobaScott
12.07.2012 , 04:46 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
Couldn't agree more with this one.
If I need a few of something I REFUSE to buy from someone that puts up dozens of 1 piece of an item.
I avoid them like the plague, I don't care if I have to pay double the price, I won't buy from them. Period.
All they are trying to do is have their product listed on multiple pages to increase sales.
Sorry Charlie, I will never buy from you if you're selling 50 individual mutagenic paste, not even for 1 credit.
As do I. Wish they could make you use stacks of 5 or more for green or blue mats and allow only purples to do stacks of 1 or 2.

Tho admittedly I would snap up an mat at 1 credit no matter what.

Glower
12.08.2012 , 07:18 AM | #97
Drop-down menus and stupid search system:

Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
Okay, its me again. Now with proofs!

I need to find: Armor > Adaptive Armor > Belt
Results: http://i.imgur.com/R2WVW.jpg (not all found)
or
Armor > Adaptive Armor > Experimental
Results: http://i.imgur.com/ZsHYy.jpg (nothing was found)

Manual search: http://i.imgur.com/PIjzE.jpg (Experimental found!)
Manual search: http://i.imgur.com/JfSS7.jpg (Experimental + Belt found! LOL! )

Also, result varies from time to time (for example - today i found "belt", but not tomorrow). ie this is not search but a random search.

Please, fix it!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

_gideon
12.08.2012 , 09:05 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMordeth View Post
This for me along with other kind of stupid pricing a la:

Item X priced @ 10,000 credits
Item X priced @ 9,999 credits

And so on.. i mean honestly, does that ever work? Cos if i need something and just have to use the GTN and checking the prices i see that crap i will always buy the more expensive one as if people honestly think their massive 'discount' draws buyers, eh..
It works really really well actually. It is also makes the market much more stable (in the favour of all sellers) than the alternative.

Rincewend
12.10.2012 , 03:02 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Loryk View Post
People who belive they can get 30k plus for their level 15 armor.
Shadowlands has a bad case of this now, 30k+ for power crystals, yet CC Speeders are going for 5k each. I keep buying them up for alts and reselling them in the morning I have at leasted doubled my money.

Raora
12.10.2012 , 12:05 PM | #100
Finally broke down and now have a GTN and mail box on my ship. I do not miss those people who annoy me now but it is awful quiet now however