Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need help with end game of jedi knight

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Need help with end game of jedi knight

Glennahansen
12.07.2012 , 05:22 PM | #1
I have tried a dozen times to
Spoiler
and I always die! How do I beat him?
Glenn Hansen
Harbinger - Lvl 55 Guardian, Lvl 55 Sentinel, Lvl 38 Sage Lvl 21 Jugg

revansowns
12.07.2012 , 05:24 PM | #2
Next time try not to put a spoiler in the title.
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 50 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 50 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 50 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 29 Jedi Shadow Devasion - Level 25 Sith Marauder Jizzar - Level 19 Powertech Tegldef -Level 18 Scoundrel

revansowns
12.07.2012 , 05:38 PM | #3
Thank you for changing it. I've done the JK story line but I'd hate to be spoiled as a new player

OK so here are my tips

1) You HAVE to be level 50

2) Make sure you and T7 are geared

3) Make sure T7 is in tank stance

4) Before you start the fight, click on the Emperor. Don't click off of him!

5) Once the clones appear, solo the Emperor and only the Emperor! T7 can hold the clones' attention long enough for you to defeat the real Vititate (he's insanely too hard, but make sure you have a good rotation set up, you will get fried otherwise from his 1-hit KO attack)

6) Make the light side choice to end game

7) Celebrate by talking trash to everyone you meet
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 50 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 50 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 50 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 29 Jedi Shadow Devasion - Level 25 Sith Marauder Jizzar - Level 19 Powertech Tegldef -Level 18 Scoundrel

Glennahansen
12.07.2012 , 05:43 PM | #4
Thank you very much!! Will give it my best shot.
Glenn Hansen

SleepyKing
12.07.2012 , 05:52 PM | #5
What revansowns said. Keep your target focus on the emperor and let T7 deal with the extras. If you haven't already, grab your free lvl 50 Recruit gear set from the PvP terminal on the fleet. Almost every item in the set will be better than the one you were using before. Also solve the pillar puzzle just before the emperor, which gives you gear for T7 (you have to click on the pillars to make the imperial symbol appear on the floor; I have no idea why the emperor keeps a magic chest of droid parts in his palace, but he does).

I'd add that interrupts are your best friend in this fight. He has one major ability in particular (sorry, can't remember the name of it) that does a bunch of damage unless you use your interrupt. The other thing is to have Force Leap hotkeyed and ready. As soon as he knocks you away from him, leap straight back to him to engage.

Glennahansen
12.07.2012 , 05:57 PM | #6
What does it take to get the recruit gear? I didnt know about the puzzle. Thanks!
Glenn Hansen

Draloch
12.07.2012 , 10:53 PM | #7
I did it with a guardian and died a couple times. At that time the T7 loot chest was bugged as well so I kind of had to do it more or less companionless.

The clones take 1 focused hit to kill. Area of Effect abilities or stuff that hits multiple enemies won't make any clones go way, but a simple lightsaber swing will get rid of the clone you're targetting.

What I did was as soon as the clones would come out, I would immediately (you have to be very fast and efficient) just hit each one of them to get them to go away and then go back to the emperor.

A key to success is learning what moves he does that hurt the worst. You need to interrupt those. By this time you should be a master at using your stun to get an extra interrupt in there (that's what I used my stun for), and also running away to get range for your leap to get another interrupt in, while he's channeling a spell.

It is by far the toughest solo fight in the game. If you get too frustrated by it and want to finish your class story now before you move on to the end game stuff and get better gear (gear has a way of making tough fights not so tough), you can always ask friends to help you with it. I've helped a few knights do the fight while playing my trooper.

Personally, I recommend trying the best you can to solo it. It's the toughest solo content the game has to offer and you'll feel really good about yourself when you finally beat it.

SleepyKing
12.08.2012 , 12:21 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Glennahansen View Post
What does it take to get the recruit gear? I didnt know about the puzzle. Thanks!
On the fleet, just head to the PvP mission terminal in the Combat Training area. There's a particular mission called New Technology (I think). It's not really a mission, per se - you don't have to do anything - you turn it into the mission dropbox immediately. The mission reward is an item for your particular class that, when used, unfolds to a full set of Recruit PvP gear. It will almost all be way better than the gear you have at that point.

You can also buy gear for your companions and yourself at the Recruit PvP vendors in that area. There is one vendor for each class (Knight, Sage, Smuggler, Trooper). Unfortunately for facing the Emperor, there is little there you can buy for droids. You could get T7 a couple of implants, an earpiece, shield and a *pistol, I think, from the Aim/Trooper Recruit PvP vendor, though.

* Edit: I'm not actually sure you can get a pistol on the Republic side, sorry!

KurganNazzir
12.08.2012 , 02:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by revansowns View Post
1) You HAVE to be level 50
I was just barely level 49 when I did it on my Sentinel.

I also didn't have T7 all that greatly geared since I had not used him since getting Kira, though you can get him a set of free armour in the Dark Temple before the fight as mentioned by another poster (I didn't get it until after because I didn't play with the puzzle long enough to set it right). My character also wasn't too greatly geared, at least that's how I felt about her gear, because I was rushing to get her story done before my game time ran out. Honestly, I didn't find the fight hard but everyone has their own view of what's hard and what's not and no one view is wrong. The only thing that got me was the adds because I wasn't expecting that and I lost my focus on the real enemy so I did die the first try. The second try, I knew to not focus on anything else so it was fairly easy to beat him down.

I should also point out that I probably was using an endurance stim, as I normally do for boss fights. I like my endurance stims, they're sooo good.

happysister
12.08.2012 , 03:56 PM | #10
if all else fails, grab a friend to go with you. that will make the fight really easy.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic