Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Razer headphones and unique crystal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Razer headphones and unique crystal
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MilesTeg_cy's Avatar


MilesTeg_cy
11.29.2012 , 05:32 AM | #11
The solution for the disappeared generate crystal button is explained here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen..._no_button_on/
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

jason_ralph's Avatar


jason_ralph
12.07.2012 , 07:48 PM | #12
I had no problems getting it to generate a code. I logged in on here, and redeemed it. Prior to logging into the game, and checked and looked at the things I had redeemed, and the Razer SE color crystal isn't one of them. I reentered the code, and it said it has already been redeemed (duh). However, none of my characters (either existing or one newly made) have received the crystal.
(over heard on a bounty hunter's star ship)
"You took down the Mandalorian Killer?".
"Yep. Blasted him and the star ship he flew in on".

Valethar's Avatar


Valethar
12.07.2012 , 08:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by jason_ralph View Post
I had no problems getting it to generate a code. I logged in on here, and redeemed it. Prior to logging into the game, and checked and looked at the things I had redeemed, and the Razer SE color crystal isn't one of them. I reentered the code, and it said it has already been redeemed (duh). However, none of my characters (either existing or one newly made) have received the crystal.
Have you completely logged out of the game, and the website, and logged back in to see if it refreshes?

Usually isn't required, but given the stress on the system since 1.5 and the delays in Cartel coins, etc.. I'm wondering if this is being bogged down as well.

I just ordered the mouse off of Amazon since it's on sale for $70, so I'm very interested in seeing how this gets sorted out, in case I have any problems when it gets here.

I'd also open a ticket in the meantime, you can always cancel it later if you need to, so someone at BioWare can look into this for you.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

jason_ralph's Avatar


jason_ralph
12.08.2012 , 09:35 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
Have you completely logged out of the game, and the website, and logged back in to see if it refreshes?

Usually isn't required, but given the stress on the system since 1.5 and the delays in Cartel coins, etc.. I'm wondering if this is being bogged down as well.

I just ordered the mouse off of Amazon since it's on sale for $70, so I'm very interested in seeing how this gets sorted out, in case I have any problems when it gets here.

I'd also open a ticket in the meantime, you can always cancel it later if you need to, so someone at BioWare can look into this for you.
I apologize for the delay in responding. Every Friday the block I live on has a party, so, I just turned off the computer and went to bed. It had shown up as something I had redeemed when I crashed (a little after 11PM last night). However, it is there now (and I was able to receive it in the mail). For me, personally, spending the $70 for the headphones (or the mouse for little over $100; it's rather amazing in my opinion) is well worth it to have something unique. That, and the mouse I was using was on it's last legs (it'll be 11 years old in January).
(over heard on a bounty hunter's star ship)
"You took down the Mandalorian Killer?".
"Yep. Blasted him and the star ship he flew in on".

Valethar's Avatar


Valethar
12.11.2012 , 10:42 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MilesTeg_cy View Post
The solution for the disappeared generate crystal button is explained here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen..._no_button_on/
That no longer works. The button appears, but every attempt to generate a code results in an error stating it failed.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

MitchPB's Avatar


MitchPB
12.11.2012 , 10:55 PM | #16
I too recently purchased a headset promoting the crystal. When i tried to generate a code Razer CS told me the promotion has ended.

Excuse me but if the promotion has ended then why is it still displayed on the website and the product packaging.

+Considering that this is a joint promotion between Razer and Bioware they should both share the same amount of blame.
<BOG>
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

Valethar's Avatar


Valethar
12.11.2012 , 11:24 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
I too recently purchased a headset promoting the crystal. When i tried to generate a code Razer CS told me the promotion has ended.

Excuse me but if the promotion has ended then why is it still displayed on the website and the product packaging.

+Considering that this is a joint promotion between Razer and Bioware they should both share the same amount of blame.
After some tinkering and web surfing I managed to make it generate the code.

The method quoted earlier does work, however you cannot be in wireless mode to generate the crystal. Plug the cord into the mouse itself, make sure the selector is set for wired mode, then try again. This should generate the code.

I just did this about 5 minutes ago, and it worked. Entered the code on the site here, and after logging in, the crystals were available.

I'm not sure how to make this work with a headset, unfortunately

I did notice that Razer's site now shows the promotion as ended, but I agree with you, if NewEgg, Amazon, GameStop and others are all still advertising the crystal as a feature, Razer should do the right thing and help people with the codes.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

DagothAgahnim's Avatar


DagothAgahnim
02.01.2013 , 05:52 AM | #18
Me and my wife were both given one of these headsets each for christmas this year, and we also can't get the lighting change to work, although when we enable ingame lighting effects, it does change to red/blue when we made a dark/light side choice in dialogue, so that much still works.

Also, Razer has stopped the promotion for the color crystal codes, BUT, if your product still has the sticker saying it comes with that color crystal, they have to honor it, and you can get it by going through their support site and contacting them. I'll paste up what they sent me in reply for reference. Also, while I quickly got a response saying they'd help me, my wife's response was 2 days later and they just told her there was nothing they could do, but once she said her husband had been given an exception and forwarded them the reply I got, they did a 180 and sent her the code a few hours later, so if they do the same to you, just say that the sticker is still on your product (if it is) and provide a picture of it, they have to provide what is promised on the product packaging or it is false advertisement and you could raise trouble, and they aren't going to argue with you. Hope it helps some of you!

What they sent me::

G'day Danny,




We are sorry for the issues you have had while trying to generate and/or redeem your SWTOR color code and would be happy to assist you with this. The Crystal Code promotion period has ended.

We apologize as some stock of the product still does reflect the promotion, we would like to make an exception in your case and provide you with a crystal code.


Please fill in the form below and send it back to us.

Full Name:

E-Mail Address used for Synapse:

E-Mail Address used for SW:TOR:

Phone:

Country:

Product:

Product No.:

Serial No: (it does not start with RZ; that is the model number):



Also please attach:

-A picture of the Serial number (located on the bottom of mouse, underside of keyboard, or the inside of the microphone boom)

-A Valid proof of purchase.
Dagoth Agahnim, Jedi Sentinel
Honor above all...Except vengeance...
[/b]
Website - The Champions of Mandalore - Forums[/center]
Official Member of the Collector's Edition VIP Club

BeastReader's Avatar


BeastReader
03.14.2013 , 07:27 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
That no longer works. The button appears, but every attempt to generate a code results in an error stating it failed.
I generate code today. all works. thanks god!

BeastReader's Avatar


BeastReader
03.14.2013 , 07:27 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MilesTeg_cy View Post
The solution for the disappeared generate crystal button is explained here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen..._no_button_on/
thank u. u give me hope i use this manul and generate code without razor support )