Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

skill tree spending

Teldrax
12.07.2012 , 12:25 PM | #1
Ok, this applies to everyone that is trying to focus on a tree but will have extra points once they reach that magic 31 points spent.

How should the spending go while leveling up?
I mean, if my tree is 3/31/7 or 31/7/3, it won't matter when I am 50. But as I make the climb, where should I focus?
Is it best to spend those 31 points first? Or spend the 7/3 points, then dump all the rest into the 'main' tree?

I am leveling a few alts after being at 50 for a bit, and was curious what the 'ideal' way to spend these points were.

Thanks!

Teksun
12.07.2012 , 12:27 PM | #2
Unless you are F2P, you get a free reset of skill points every week. Go for the survivability, and don't worry about end game
Vexacious - 50 Assassin
Teksun - 50 Mercenary

Come to the Dark Side, We have cookies ~V

Oggthebase
12.07.2012 , 12:38 PM | #3
since the F2P launch, according to the patch notes, skill points reset a completely free for subscribers no matter how many times you do it. Before, it used to be one free respec each week but not anymore (I have not tried it)

Back to the original question:
most of the time, it is better to focus in only one tree as you level, in order to reach as fast as you can your signature move and technique for that specific tree.

Teldrax
12.07.2012 , 12:46 PM | #4
Thanks, Oggthebase, that is what I was looking for.

As for the other subject, I am a subscriber, so respecing at 50 is not a concern. I just didn't want to worry about respecing while leveling. I just wanted to spend wisely.

Jadescythe
12.07.2012 , 01:22 PM | #5
With free respecs now, it really depends on your tree and level. Leveling my marauder, I put my first points into Carnage because the increase to off hand damage and buff to Cloak of Pain was most important out of all the trees in the first tier. I didn't respec to Annihilation until I had enough points to pick up Deadly Saber so that I could utilize the talents revolving around bleeds (the basis of the spec). Then I put the points back into tier one of Carnage after I got the 31 point ability.

If you were going sorcerer, no matter what, I would put the points into increasing the total force pool and decreasing the force cost of all abilities in the Lightning tree and wouldn't move those throughout the leveling process. You'll be behind in moving up whatever tree you choose (unless you plan on speccing Lightning of course), but running out of force can be a big problem in sustained battles (warzones and flashpoints especially).

So really, look at the talents and go with what makes the most sense to you. These are just a few examples from my experience.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here