Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

farmmann
12.06.2012 , 01:51 PM | #211
update since my last post, i called my net provider and thet did diag on my modem, all fine and every other net application i run is fine so ive eliminagted the net and computer as a problem. i then call support...again and the nice lady have me run a diag on the launcher, wich i did and emailed the file to her and then was put on holdfor 40 mins as my ticket was upgraded. i just couldnt hold any longer and as of 145 pm cst, have heard nothing from them. im still disconecting every few mins with no sign of an answer. this is jsut the cream on the top of the list of problems since ftp launched ( lag, long log in waits during peek, equipment issues, comp issues, gf issues server issues.........) ive asked for help every way i know how my only regret is that i cant get a refund or credit for my troubles. bioware, you had the beginning of a fun game and your lack of concern for members problems or support has it swirling in the bowl!

CKNORTH
12.06.2012 , 02:33 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthvokur View Post
With due respect, playing online games is a poor excuse for quality family time. EAware can't be expected to cater to a mere handful of people.
Contrary to your ignorance not everyone can afford to put there kids in hockey or football and gaming is perfect for children in inner city situations.... Or would you rather them steel your car?
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic

Friend Referral Click This Link for Free Bundle Pack Plus other Perks!!!

RikHar
12.06.2012 , 02:46 PM | #213
So Bioware is saying feedback on F2P is important and they welcome it.

Really? Since when have they begun listening to anything it's players have to say? It seems not just to me but to many players that Bioware has not been listening to anything players have been saying. And this has been true since before the game went live.

What's the difference? Why all of sudden now? Definitely has to be all about money because what else can it be? F2P means selling cartel coins for real life cash. Therefore, this must be all the interest in player feedback.

But you know? Regardless of what feedback they get, everyone knows they'll do what they want anyway. It's what they've been doing all along. Whether it's players complaining since before launch about the rail space game which most hate or the many complaints about armor or pvp, bioware has continued to do it their way.

Do you really think it's going to change now?

Asharic
12.06.2012 , 03:32 PM | #214
Quote:
Additionally, in an upcoming patch (no exact date yet, but players won’t have to wait long), Preferred Status Players will be given four (4) additional character slots, which means that they will have a total of six character slots.
Does this mean subscribers will have a total of sixteen character slots per server? Was six a typo or am I misunderstanding somehow?
Asharic Zell,
Ashla Legion "Fear none, Respect all."

http://ashlalegion.forumotion.com/

Darthvokur
12.06.2012 , 03:47 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by CKNORTH View Post
Contrary to your ignorance not everyone can afford to put there kids in hockey or football and gaming is perfect for children in inner city situations.... Or would you rather them steel your car?
Contrary to YOUR ignorance, "putting kids in hockey or football" is not exactly a family event either. Most people go out and do/see things with their kids, doesn't have to cost anything. Besides, since when is gaming cheaper than a children's club?

MitchPB
12.06.2012 , 04:19 PM | #216
SWTOR (Even MMO's in general) aren't exactly kids games, they are more suited to an adult. + kids should be playing kids games with other kids not with a bunch of strange adults.

CKNORTH
12.06.2012 , 04:25 PM | #217
Contrary to YOUR ignorance, "putting kids in hockey or football" is not exactly a family event either. Most people go out and do/see things with their kids, doesn't have to cost anything. Besides, since when is gaming cheaper than a children's club?
Everything costs money, I mean really if you think gaming isn't good for kids, I can think of a lot worse things they could be doing. I mean its like saying cartoons aren't meant for adults either.......

CKNORTH
12.06.2012 , 04:26 PM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
SWTOR (Even MMO's in general) aren't exactly kids games, they are more suited to an adult. + kids should be playing kids games with other kids not with a bunch of strange adults.
It's Star Wars, games have parental controls do they not? Now I ask you what kid aside from third world country's hasn't heard of Star Wars?

Darthvokur
12.06.2012 , 04:50 PM | #219
Everything costs money, I mean really if you think gaming isn't good for kids, I can think of a lot worse things they could be doing. I mean its like saying cartoons aren't meant for adults either.......
Gaming isn't good for kids. Large numbers of people have suggested it leads to psychopathic tendencies and a lack of social skills. While that's a matter of agree or disagree, saying gaming is good for kids is a stretch at best, as raising children around made up fantasy worlds is simply going to leave them unprepared for the real world.

As for your point about cartoons, cartoons AREN'T meant for adults. Using that as a serious point for your argument is... troubling.

It's Star Wars, games have parental controls do they not? Now I ask you what kid aside from third world country's hasn't heard of Star Wars?
Um, no? I don't think I've EVER played a game that has a parental control. They have an age label on the box, that's it. I'd heard of Babestation by the age of 10, does that mean it would have been appropriate for me to have access to it?

CKNORTH
12.06.2012 , 04:58 PM | #220
Gaming isn't good for kids. Large numbers of people have suggested it leads to psychopathic tendencies and a lack of social skills. While that's a matter of agree or disagree, saying gaming is good for kids is a stretch at best, as raising children around made up fantasy worlds is simply going to leave them unprepared for the real world.

As for your point about cartoons, cartoons AREN'T meant for adults. Using that as a serious point for your argument is... troubling.

Um, no? I don't think I've EVER played a game that has a parental control. They have an age label on the box, that's it. I'd heard of Babestation by the age of 10, does that mean it would have been appropriate for me to have access to it?
I'm truly sorry for leading the post off topic, debate all you want. You can't teach a blind man to see. As for the limitations to the free to play it would help a lot to have credit cap lifted as I've stated in a previous post. And to have most unlocks affordable to people who wishing to pay credits to those willing to pay coins.