Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is PvP Gear Better than Black Hole etc...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is PvP Gear Better than Black Hole etc...

paul_preib
12.05.2012 , 11:36 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
For most dps classes aug optimised wh is absolutely fine for denova hm and if the player is good enough they wont be getting carried.
I'd say role also has a lit to do with how far you are viable, tanking it in pvp gear would be far rougher then just being part of the dps pack as you are talking a 150ish point dip in endurance and mainstat
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

-Alma-
12.05.2012 , 11:42 AM | #12
I actually started out in HM FP and Ops in non-augmented, full battlemaster gear (armor/ears/implants/weapons/relics) and had zero problems. Ofcourse it helps to know your class and have a brain for group scenarios.

However, health and dps where areas that could be vastly improved simply by accumulating decent pve gear. So now with black hole/rakata gear, dread guard relics, fully augmented, I do more damage and have about 4K more health to boot, handy if you get caught in some nasty boss aoe dmg.

Go ahead and roll in end-game pvp gear if you want, but you will increase your pve performance with comparable pve gear.

Teksun
12.05.2012 , 11:58 AM | #13
I've had the same question. Thanks for all the replies. I'm primarily a PVP Tankassin but my guild is starting to do more flashpoints etc. If I had fully augmented WH tank gear, when should I start looking at changing out to PVE gear? I'm thinking I really only need a set of Black Hole gear to change out of PVP gear, but since I haven't done much other than PVP I could be WAY off...
Vexacious - 50 Assassin
Teksun - 50 Mercenary

Come to the Dark Side, We have cookies ~V

AngusFTW
12.05.2012 , 12:00 PM | #14
wh will be more then fine for flashpoints
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

Smashbrother
12.05.2012 , 01:44 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
It really depends on what pve gear you have and what PvP get you have.

High level pvp gear like war hero is better than the base level pve gear (tionese and column). But as it was said above if you playing both PvP and high level PvE (hard modes and nightmare modes) you will want two separate sets of gear.
Actually aug columi is better than aug WH for most classes in pve.

Ginwho
12.06.2012 , 03:07 AM | #16
Wow, thanks guys for the suggestions. So, It looks like I'll get two sets of armor/gear. Right now my recruit PvP gear is stronger than my Destroyer PvE gear, but I absolutely can't stand the look of the recruit PvP gear.....at least for a Guardian. Honestly, they should have made it look a little better. Also, you should be able to change the mods out.

So the prices on the good PvP gear is coming down......what in 1.6 patch. Does anyone happen to know when 1.6 will be released? Thanks again guys.....this really helps, now that I know what to do!

paul_preib
12.06.2012 , 03:49 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ginwho View Post
Wow, thanks guys for the suggestions. So, It looks like I'll get two sets of armor/gear. Right now my recruit PvP gear is stronger than my Destroyer PvE gear, but I absolutely can't stand the look of the recruit PvP gear.....at least for a Guardian. Honestly, they should have made it look a little better. Also, you should be able to change the mods out.

So the prices on the good PvP gear is coming down......what in 1.6 patch. Does anyone happen to know when 1.6 will be released? Thanks again guys.....this really helps, now that I know what to do!
Been on pts a couple weeks so best bet is.probably just before Christmas
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

vimm
12.06.2012 , 08:28 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
I'd definitely start with my PvP set because high level PvP gear is good enough in high level PvE as well. The fast War Hero set that you can get in a few days after 1.6 is good enough for you to jump straight into HM Denova at least and probably Asation, too. It's not best in slot, but it's good enough to allow you to skip previous gear tiers.

The trick is that the lack of Expertise on the PvE gear in PvP means that you will take an absurd amount of damage from other players and it seriously gimps you and your team. That's what you get for wearing inappropriate gear.

The addition of Expertise on the PvP gear, however, in PvE just means that you will have slightly less main and secondary stats than the PvE variant, but since you take no extra damage from operations bosses for wearing inappropriate gear, you will still be good enough. (Personally, however, I believe that if someone is penalized for wearing PvE gear in PvP, he/she should equally be penalized for doing the opposite, wearing PvP gear in PvE. But that's not the case, anyway.)

All in all, the PvP armor sets are basically good enough for both aspects. You see people doing HM flashpoints all the time in Recruit gear and HM Operations in BM/WH.
PvE gear is certainly easier and quicker to acquire, as is.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

CharterMonkKent
12.06.2012 , 09:22 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
PvE gear is certainly easier and quicker to acquire, as is.
I agree in nearly all cases except my seemingly bad luck regarding one piece of gear... There is still randomness in PvE gear drops. After 3 months of PvE, on my sorc, I still don't have a PvE saber. My sorc is still using a modded EWH. The rest is BH/campaign or above.

Good pvp gear will be easy to get in 1.6

Good pve gear will be easy to get in 1.6, if you have a guild willing to drag you through some operations, after the weekly lock out resets.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =