Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New guy - need advice!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New guy - need advice!

Asunasan
12.05.2012 , 09:43 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Szabofly View Post
But i dont get that... isn't assassin a stealther too? why does that one have better dps than scoundrel? Wouldn't that just make scoundrel a worse version of assassin?
Exactly.

Veniras
12.05.2012 , 11:32 PM | #22
But i dont get that... isn't assassin a stealther too? why does that one have better dps than scoundrel? Wouldn't that just make scoundrel a worse version of assassin?
They don't per se. Assassin dps is just easier to play than scoundrel dps and more forgiving of errors.

A well-played scoundrel is -ing deadly.

Szabofly
12.06.2012 , 08:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
They don't per se. Assassin dps is just easier to play than scoundrel dps and more forgiving of errors.

A well-played scoundrel is -ing deadly.
Hmm, ye so they say... but all vids i've been watching of scoundrel/vanguard/shadows... vanguard/shadow ABILITIES hit alot harder... doubt skill will change that fact

Veniras
12.06.2012 , 08:39 AM | #24
Hmm, ye so they say... but all vids i've been watching of scoundrel/vanguard/shadows... vanguard/shadow ABILITIES hit alot harder... doubt skill will change that fact
Our preferred playstyle might differ. In that case i recommend combat sentinel.

Yeah assault vanguard (and focus sentinel) put up the big numbers. But ye gods, are they BORING to play.

Combat sentinel is fun enough. But you have limited options regarding thing you wanna do strategically. And your'e limited to only dps-ing

I guess I'm more a stealther/utility/strategy-kinda guy. Hence, scoundrel (or shadow)