Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grinding coms lvls 40-50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Grinding coms lvls 40-50

Braonie
12.05.2012 , 06:32 PM | #1
I am trying to decide how impprtant this really is. I have a little over a thousand ranked coms and its getting a little painful to do more. Mostly because i just want to get to 50 and get back to the fun pvp. At first i wanted to max my comms so i could grab a few extra pieces right at 50, especially a weapon. Now I am almost thinking it can wait. Do most of you prefer to grind the comms first or does it really not make much difference in the transition to the 50 tier?

Invictusthetaru
12.05.2012 , 06:41 PM | #2
Yes, it does.

The reason I do this w/ new characters is to get my WH main and offhand right away.

At this point I would just wait until WH is regular comms though...
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin Penné-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

Kharnski
12.05.2012 , 06:43 PM | #3
The dailies at level 50 are worth 400 warzone comms, weeklies are 1200. Considering 1.6 is coming out with cheaper gear, its not a bad idea to pace yourself atm anyways.

Basically, unless you plan to go all out and grind WH gear at its current price, I would just hit 50 and stick to completing the dailies each day. If you want to do more than that, Id stay between 40-50 as thats going to take a long while.
Kharns
<Super Goomba Bros>

Banegio
12.05.2012 , 06:43 PM | #4
Why do you find 50 pvp more fun than, say, lv40 pvp?

If you found lv40 pvp not challenging enough for you, then by all means power level to 50. With the MK-2 recruit set and the much more accessible WH gear from the upcoming 1.6, he gear gap in level 50 bracket is going to be closer than what it used to be.

In fact, with many alts pvping in sub-50 along with f2pers, the gear gap in sub-50 pvp is starting to become very noticable.

j-cart
12.05.2012 , 06:51 PM | #5
It is really easy to get comms when you are lower than 50 than it is at 50.

The dailies for under 50 only need two games played or one win. This also nets you a PvP box which gives you free PvP medpacs to save up on. The daily for 50 PvP is 4 games played or two wins and the weekly is 9 wins.

Start grinding it out now and save on those comms when 1.6 drops!
The Gistang Legacy
<Atlas>
Siret Scoundrel ZhaneOrdo Operative Yahs Powertech
The Bastion

Braonie
12.05.2012 , 07:00 PM | #6
Oh wow i didnt even think about 1.6. That is a hugely valid point there. I am still having fun at pre50 pvp for the most part. Guess if i need to break up the pvp grind i can play one of my alts i just enjoy the story on. Thanks so much for that insight.

Zunayson
12.05.2012 , 09:39 PM | #7
play and absolutely MAX comms out. This will take forevar. Make sure you have almost full normal comms and only convert that top amount to ranked so you don't cap your comms while playing.

If, for some odd reason, you no life - it and actually max out comms, feel free to buy stuff. I find this highly improbable, though.

If you're lazy like me and just want to get war hero then call it a day (err a life, seriously ewh isn't that great), then convert the ranked comms to normal when 1.6 goes live. If you're a diehard must-have-BiS then for longevity don't convert rwz to wz.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Technohic
12.05.2012 , 09:41 PM | #8
When you say "back to 50 PvP," if you mean you have a level 50, cap comms with that toon. Still; I would at least cap your regs.