Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warning to all those attempting Vorgath NiM (maybe HM too)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Warning to all those attempting Vorgath NiM (maybe HM too)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GeckoOBac
12.05.2012 , 10:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kil-Gorbane View Post
A few questions:

1. Can the group position themselves in the green box at one corner so the tank gets knockbacked the diagonal length of the box? Or is the knockback distance too long?
2. What does the group do when the left-most 1st space is red? It seems like if that is the case the group has 3 options: (A) /stuck (B) see if right-most 1st space is green or (C) attempt to progress down middle and hope the knockback doesn't knock the tank out of the diagonal length of the box.
Well if the leftmost space is always green I think we can assume that the change is intended... If not...
Does the fire start AFTER or BEFORE the first defusal? Cause if it's after then the group can just get the first probe without standing on the actual minefield
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

KeyboardNinja
12.05.2012 , 10:27 AM | #12
1. Can the group position themselves in the green box at one corner so the tank gets knockbacked the diagonal length of the box? Or is the knockback distance too long?
The knockback distance is too long.

2. What does the group do when the left-most 1st space is red? It seems like if that is the case the group has 3 options: (A) /stuck (B) see if right-most 1st space is green or (C) attempt to progress down middle and hope the knockback doesn't knock the tank out of the diagonal length of the box.
In order to down the boss in his current state, you have to get lucky in one of four ways:
  • First left-most square is green (not always the case)
  • First right-most square is green and fewer than usual disarms along that wall
  • First and second of either the middle-left or middle-right are green
  • First of any row is green and you get really, really lucky with tank knockbacks

The last point is basically alluding to the fact that you can position the droid in the green square with the tank facing toward the area before the minefield. As long as the timing works out so that your tank isn't knocked into the explosion, you can do it that way. Your tank *will* be knocked into the fire, but he can just run out of it.

The role that RNG plays in the fight now is one of the best arguments that this is not an intended mechanic.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Lostpenguins
12.05.2012 , 10:45 AM | #13
I'm not sure if this holds true on the probe, but on some bosses like The Thing From the Stars on NiM Pilgrim, your interrupt only becomes available when there's something to interrupt.

Is is possible that this same feature occurs on probes? Then all you need is your standard 3 interrupters and having them just pay attention when there's something to interrupt (i.e. the button is clickable).

rphebus
12.05.2012 , 11:10 AM | #14
You got it slightly wrong. For The Thing, there is only a few seconds while he does his white circle where he becomes immune to interrupts. The rest of the time you cant still cast it on him, regardless if hes actually casting anything or not.
<Suckafish> Guild Site
Suckafish Youtube Channel
Phebus Sorc Healer Maeday PT Tank
Khabal Jugg Tank Teknowhor Merc DPS

Lostpenguins
12.05.2012 , 11:30 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by rphebus View Post
You got it slightly wrong. For The Thing, there is only a few seconds while he does his white circle where he becomes immune to interrupts. The rest of the time you cant still cast it on him, regardless if hes actually casting anything or not.
Is it? I also thought he's uninterruptable when he's doing Massive Gore, but as soon as he starts casting his non-stop Gores you can go back to interrupting him.

Bleh... why is BW so bad at fixing bugs? You fix the bug so Overload is useable by the probe... but don't even spend 30 minutes checking the encounter. Really BW? Really?

rphebus
12.05.2012 , 12:50 PM | #16
Yeah massive gore is another, i havent done pilgrim in awhile.

If anything, i wish they had special animations for when he does overload. That would at least give a skilled group the ability to navigate the puzzle without getting tossed everywhere.
<Suckafish> Guild Site
Suckafish Youtube Channel
Phebus Sorc Healer Maeday PT Tank
Khabal Jugg Tank Teknowhor Merc DPS

Lostpenguins
12.05.2012 , 12:56 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by rphebus View Post
If anything, i wish they had special animations for when he does overload. That would at least give a skilled group the ability to navigate the puzzle without getting tossed everywhere.
Totally agree with that.

jamescloutier
12.05.2012 , 01:02 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Phoeniixx View Post
patch was on tuesday :-)
I did HM EC Tuesday night. It has a cast bar there still. It's a NM EC mechanic/bug only. Hoping it's a bug.

dipstik
12.05.2012 , 01:11 PM | #19
whats funny is the patch note says working as intended.

Milly_
12.05.2012 , 01:40 PM | #20
That blows... I hope they get this fixed by the weekend. Unless you wanna wait for the left row which could take whoever knows how long, I would recommended setting it to hard mode until they fix it then go onto NiM Kephess.