Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthTexas
12.05.2012 , 10:26 AM | #141
Does the increase in character slots also include an increase in the per server limit? I'd love to create more characters, but I want them all on the the same server where I'm legacy level 50 and the guild leader of a large guild that spans both Republic and Empire on the server.

I'd much rather have 20 character slots on the same server than 100 slots across all servers.

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

MadBlue
12.05.2012 , 10:27 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTexas View Post
Does the increase in character slots also include an increase in the per server limit?
We'll be able to create more than 12 characters on a server, but we'll have to purchase the character slots.

ortophonic
12.05.2012 , 10:36 AM | #143
Next step should be maybe making the FP que cross server to alleviate some of the wait =P

Mithosy
12.05.2012 , 10:38 AM | #144
soo the 2 quickbars (account)i bought can be refundable? but when?

pooks
12.05.2012 , 11:01 AM | #145
Reply by csr to the HK part not dropping in a heroic - we are only helping with class-related issues and they closed the ticket on a subbed player and didn't reply to mine.
Customer service should not be overwhelmed by the onslaught of free to play players. If it is, then you need to hire more csrs or re-train the ones you have and better yet give subbed players a priority for in-game bug issues like the HK part or something else.
As a paying player I deserve help when I send in a ticket.
http://www.projectswg.com - Live Dec 15th 2012 !

_Darkstar
12.05.2012 , 11:11 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by pax_orion View Post
Here is replay.
After last patch no1 can equip purple items on chars.
Fix that
I haven't read the thread yet, but post 1 already shows a great example of useless feedback.

Bad spelling (Forgivable but if this was a large post it would end up too hard to read and not worth the effort). Stating 'facts' without proof (Like how you know everyone has the same issue). Lack of actual detail (Which purple items? What error? What slot?). Demand made (And an unrealistic one at that!).

It is also massively off topic, because the blog is about feedback on the FTP option.

Posts like this are why feedback hardly ever gets a reply, why people think it is never listened to, and why these forums are full of rubbish. My one suggestion for the feedback team is this: Create a 'constructive feedback' section of the forum, then if you see bad feedback in it, email the submitter with an example of good feedback and try to educate them. Ban those who won't learn from posting to clear the clutter!

My opinion of FTP is that it works well. I subbed within minutes of seeing how little I got for free. I think that the stuff that most people would buy (Quality of life stuff) like UI and storage are well priced, and the vanity stuff (Pets and gear) is expensive as it should be. So overall well done. I dislike the grey icon that F2Pers have, it is like the jews wearing a yellow star to show they are inferior all over again*.

*Before you flame ask your history teacher.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

macumba
12.05.2012 , 11:16 AM | #147
here's my feedback. pre 1.4 charged burst sound please
/thanks
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Darthvokur
12.05.2012 , 11:23 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
I haven't read the thread yet, but post 1 already shows a great example of useless feedback.

Bad spelling (Forgivable but if this was a large post it would end up too hard to read and not worth the effort). Stating 'facts' without proof (Like how you know everyone has the same issue). Lack of actual detail (Which purple items? What error? What slot?). Demand made (And an unrealistic one at that!).

It is also massively off topic, because the blog is about feedback on the FTP option.

Posts like this are why feedback hardly ever gets a reply, why people think it is never listened to, and why these forums are full of rubbish. My one suggestion for the feedback team is this: Create a 'constructive feedback' section of the forum, then if you see bad feedback in it, email the submitter with an example of good feedback and try to educate them. Ban those who won't learn from posting to clear the clutter!

My opinion of FTP is that it works well. I subbed within minutes of seeing how little I got for free. I think that the stuff that most people would buy (Quality of life stuff) like UI and storage are well priced, and the vanity stuff (Pets and gear) is expensive as it should be. So overall well done. I dislike the grey icon that F2Pers have, it is like the jews wearing a yellow star to show they are inferior all over again*.

*Before you flame ask your history teacher.
They never listen. Don't try to defend them by accusing the players of being at fault.

RyderQuanTy
12.05.2012 , 11:26 AM | #149
Hello all

I have been playing since launch and have never left the game. This being my first MMO the biggest problem i have found i s finding a regular group to play with. I have yet to do any end game OPS. I have been in and out of many guild but they never seem to have a stable base of players. The group finder allowd players to do the Flash poinst which was awsome, the single best add to the game!

To help players of like mids fide a good group it would be nice to put backthe guild finder you had a launch. Guilds can opt to be open or close. Guilds looking for players and taking applications like at launch or have there guild close and not receiving applications. Onthe community web page Under the server section guilds can have sub sections like character and ac classes for players to look for group. The origional guild finder would be perfict. From my experience the biggest drag on the game was the community development. I never did find the guild from the guild finder at launch.

PS Can you add a cartel market purchas to unlock a legacy item for legacy datacrons once is enough with those I'll quit befor i get them again.
" The force is only for defence. There is no why"

Sserratus
12.05.2012 , 11:46 AM | #150
To be honest I believe Bioware needs to fix some of the pre-existing problems instead of the new ones that have come with the F2P model. Some of the issues that they need to fix in my opinion are:

1.) Being able to trade in commendations for other commendations. I am lvl 50 and have had those old planetary commendations in my inventory forever. Make it to where you can upgrade them to other commendations. For example, you have 10 hutta commendations you can't use. You turn in those to get Dromund Kaas commendations. Do that or make it to where the gear you buy with those is BoE or at least BoA. That way we can do SOMETHING with those commendations.

2.) Add schematics drops in ops for Armstech crew skill. I'm tired of running through op after op and not getting any crafting schematics while other crew skills recieve them. I feel like armstech is the red headed stepchild of the crew skills.

3.) Add an option to where you can que up in a ranked warzone by yourself. I'm not talking about mixing premades and solo ques together I'm talking about mixing solo ques with solo ques. I like to pvp everynow and then but I get sick of people running around regular warzones like chickens with their heads cut off not knowing what to do. You could add some kind of valor restriction to it so you have to be valor rank 40 or so to be able to access that.

4.) It would be nice to interact with the cantina a little more than currently. You could add in pazzak which many players have been suggesting. You could also have an area in the combat training area of a ship (the part where all the pvp stuff is) where you can bet on warzone matches and spectate them. In KOTOR that was one of the things you could do if I recall correctly.

5.) Design some new armor. The blackhole, campagin, and dreadguard gear look absolutley awful. I know you don't have to wear it and you can rip mods but that costs too much imo. You should look like a kick *** bounty hunter not like someone wearing scuba diving gear.

6.) Have it to where you can set up arena teams for ranked warzones. This way it would be easier to keep track of people and get a group together, much like a guild.

7.) Have swoop racing. This is another topic that is brought up frequently in the forums. You could have to where you can set up swoop racing teams and compete against other swoop racers. You could also then add a feature where you guys have a giant tournament and the winning team wins some really good items, or they win cartel coins.

8.) Add in guild crests. When you're in a guild you want something that makes you stand out from everyone else. You want something that represents you and that you can wear with pride. By adding guild crests you could display these on your armor and would make it to where everyone doesn't look the same.

Lastly to all you F2P members, you should be happy that bioware doesn't restrict any of the story content because plenty of other mmos do that to F2P members. No matter what F2P game you play there will always be some kind of restrictions. You should be happy that bioware doesn't make you have to unlock every single flashpoint or op to keep you from experiencing it. Yes some of the restrictions are inconvenient but nothing in life is free so get over it.