Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel market needs to sell endgame pve/pvp gear!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Cartel market needs to sell endgame pve/pvp gear!

skiibyrd
12.05.2012 , 10:22 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JFerret View Post
Really? As it is now? If you have enough credits you can get yourself into full 63 gear without ever having to earn it through the top tier content. Bioware made a huge mess up with regards to reverse engineering player made items and if they do the same for the next tier gear I think it just goes to show how clueless they really are.
How is it a mess up for them... a single 63 mod or enhancement is at LEAST $1.2-$1.4 million... which would make your total 63 gear millions and millions of dollars, it would take longer to buy them then it would to earn them in most cases.

Trollokdamus
12.05.2012 , 10:38 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
nobody ever had to work for Tionese, lol. I don't know a single person that has ever worked for Tionese and I've been playing since launch.
You had to work even to make a FP run happen. There were times when you were lucky to make one run in a few days on some really dead servers, and for that you had to pm almost every player who was online. Yeah, even at prime time.
When i've finally gathered full Tionese set on my first character, it really felt like an achievement.

SirMannii
12.05.2012 , 10:42 AM | #23
Uhm, no.

No no no! You're stupid. Go home, you're drunk! We do not want Pay 2 Win.

No no no.

MasterKayote
12.05.2012 , 10:54 AM | #24
lol, surprise surprise.

No, its bad enough the gear in the market even has stats in them already. Why anyone would want to pay for their rewards instead of earning them through, you know, PLAYING THE GAME! is beyond me.

Hmm ... maybe there is a good business idea in just selling game saves out there. Maybe for the next Assassins Creed game ill just get the top gear, all the feathers, animus shards or whatever secret/top items there are and park them right in front of the final quest.

I have all the fun ... these suckers pay for it. Win/Win

Wonder how long before EAware bends to their will and just sells the whole catalog of items. Funny how so many refuse to pay a sub that gives them access to everything so long as you play to earn it, yet would pay even more so long as all that content is just sent to their mailbox.

Raansu
12.05.2012 , 10:55 AM | #25
Ummmm..... NO

Andryah
12.05.2012 , 11:00 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Gearing up in PvE is EXTREMELY easy!!!! It most certainly does not need to be made ANY easier.
I agree with TUXs

note: that's two full agreements in one morning TUXs. The forums they are going to auto-reboot if we keep this up.
The MMO player would do well to embrace the nature of reality: Everything is relative, a projection based upon a malleable set of universal laws. Reality is an elastic process in which our individual choices play an active role.

Larce_Apollo
12.05.2012 , 11:01 AM | #27
I understand your point of view OP, but no, the raids/pvp are one of the few spots the game forces people to actually interact with one another in a generally solo type enviroment.

Sure there is always the player's choice to interact, but in most part one can decide to lone wolf it through most of the game (I'm like this actually). Raids and PvP are the only spots that the game encourages/forces people to actually work with other people.

We get a free set of pvp gear already, and soon raid/pve gear, nothing else is needed.

Larce Apollo - Jedi Knight/Guardian Ω
SWG/Bria Vet - CE Pre-Order - Full Beta Tester
Begeren Colony Server

TUXs
12.05.2012 , 11:04 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I agree with TUXs

note: that's two full agreements in one morning TUXs. The forums they are going to auto-reboot if we keep this up.
I know......brb, need to look outside to see if the sky is falling...
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Thundergulch
12.05.2012 , 11:17 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ishagu View Post
Im not talking about the top tier stuff, but there should be the option to buy a set of columi gear at least so that new players and alts can quickly jump in to hard modes and possibly ops once we hit the endgame.
No, if you can't take 1-2 weeks to gear yourself up then you need to play a different game.
If you give people gear so they can "jump into a HM" they will be clueless and have no idea how to do the fights,it will be a clusterf**k.

QuiDonJorn
12.05.2012 , 11:20 AM | #30
Wholeheartedly agree.

NO. Absolutely not.
For all reasons stated already.