Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jet Pack Mount

Vandicus
12.05.2012 , 10:53 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by mcfarris View Post
And just to note, I didn't say this as someone whom doesn't have Rocket Boost, as I have upgraded all 3, but upgraded into a mount or even a seperate jet pack mount, still would like to see this happen.
To avoid ripping off the people who bought the upgrades, how about make it upgrade #4?
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

mcfarris
12.05.2012 , 10:57 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
To avoid ripping off the people who bought the upgrades, how about make it upgrade #4?
Becasue then it would be rideable in non mount areas, and don't want to take that from anyone. Just a seperate Jet Pack mount. Keep your boost for PVP and FP things, and have the mount for everything else.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

mcfarris
12.05.2012 , 10:58 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
But even I would be okay with that, because even at that, it is something other than the occassional 12s burst :/
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Satanski
12.05.2012 , 10:59 AM | #34
Jetpack isnt meant for long distance travel so i wouldnt want it to be used as a mount. They had them in SWG and it looked kinda lame to me. I would love to use it for limited flight though.

justandulas
12.05.2012 , 11:02 AM | #35
I approve of this idea. Not bad at all. I hope BW reads and hooks it up for BH
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.
-Darth Justandulas

LordArtemis
12.05.2012 , 11:11 AM | #36
I bet jet packs would be popular AND perhaps we would have the added benefit of reducing some of the "standing room only" in certain areas due to people being on speeders.

I don't think force users should have rocket pack ability...instead they should get force run.

Anzel
12.05.2012 , 11:28 AM | #37
I remember in beta asking, "What is my jetpack for?". It's kind of silly running around while wearing a jetpack that doesn't work.

The best answer I got was, "That's where you put your awesome Darth Maul lunch box and Capri Suns".

So yeah... A jet pack would be awesome. We had one in SWG that was pretty cool as well
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Zangaboing
12.05.2012 , 11:30 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by mcfarris View Post
Hey!!!!
So I usually just read on the forums, and this may be the wrong place for it. But playing since beta, I just started the BH class. And since y'all are wanting feedback, making improvements, things like that. How about some kind of Jet Pack Mount? I mean yeah they have a "Rocket Boost Ability" which last like 12 seconds. But I mean a real jet pack mount, just seems it would make play all the more awesome. And heck, you could jack up the price, but I am sure people, like myself, would pay for that kind of in game option. Just my two cents, so there it is.
This...actually is a pretty solid idea...

And bounty hunters can finally feel like that jetpack they carry is not just for show

mcfarris
12.05.2012 , 11:41 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
I remember in beta asking, "What is my jetpack for?". It's kind of silly running around while wearing a jetpack that doesn't work.

The best answer I got was, "That's where you put your awesome Darth Maul lunch box and Capri Suns".

So yeah... A jet pack would be awesome. We had one in SWG that was pretty cool as well
Exactly, I mean yeah you can have rocket boost, but why carry around that jet pack if you never use it? And I loved the one in SWG.

Culper
12.05.2012 , 11:42 AM | #40
I don't dislike the idea, but I think the game in general needs more mounts (that preferably don't take up a ton of space).

I also think they need to look outside of vehicles for new ideas. I keep thinking of that honking lizard thing that Obi-Wan rode in Attack of the Clones (I think it was that one) but really, some more creatures would make sense too. Taun Tauns are another obvious one.

But, in response to the topic: I fully support a Jet Pack mount.