Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Attack Of The Purple Crafted Item Bug

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Attack Of The Purple Crafted Item Bug

Harryjames
12.05.2012 , 09:50 AM | #1
I don't really like to complain, but I am going too this time. I spent hours and several thousand of credits gathering material to make a crafted purple item for a character. Finally after several attempts of reverse engineering I got the item, then gathered more material, spent more credits, and finally I was ready.

What a fool I was, I tried the item on, and was told, as a full subscriber, that I did not have subscriber permission to wear that item. I think I had an insane moment, like, throw the computer in the street moment. I see that there have been several other posts about this, but mum's the word from Bioware as to a fix. I think if I have to wait a week for this fix, I may consider unsubscribing, this is little much even for my tempered patience's.

TracyRay
12.05.2012 , 10:07 AM | #2
Just got this same message on a piece i crafted.

Didnt happen on some implants but that was before this last patch or two, but def happened on my new earpiece.

Andryah
12.05.2012 , 10:13 AM | #3
Interesting.

I equipped 4 crafted artifact level implants yesterday (2 on character and 2 on a companion). I did not have any problems equipping them. Now I had them in storage for a while, so they were not newly crafted.

So it must be something more complex then just a purple crafted item.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

chimex
12.05.2012 , 10:37 AM | #4
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

FooBard
12.05.2012 , 12:19 PM | #5
I heard someone complaining about this last night. He crafted a purple implant.. and couldn't wear it. Got the restriction message... and he's a subscriber.

Fix it NOW BW. lol....

BlaadG
12.05.2012 , 03:01 PM | #6
Having same bug.

Paid game time still running, subscription permissions stop me from equipping crafted implants on alt.

lumuni
12.05.2012 , 03:04 PM | #7
Girlfriend had this bug too and has pretty much quit the character that was inhibited by the bug now. Limitations on f2p should NEVER have a chance to bleed to subscribers.

HelinCarnate
12.05.2012 , 03:45 PM | #8
Hey so thats what broke on the last patch.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

uaintjak
12.05.2012 , 03:58 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
Hey so thats what broke on the last patch.
Well that and your companions no longer unify colors.

Midget_Yoda
12.05.2012 , 04:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Interesting.

I equipped 4 crafted artifact level implants yesterday (2 on character and 2 on a companion). I did not have any problems equipping them. Now I had them in storage for a while, so they were not newly crafted.

So it must be something more complex then just a purple crafted item.
So... you were unable to reproduce the bug under different conditions. Wow, thanks for that incredibly useful input.

White Knight -1