Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do Empire classes perform better than their Republic mirrors?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Do Empire classes perform better than their Republic mirrors?

RobbyBlazeheart
12.03.2012 , 11:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
That's not really a reliable source cause she has a shock collar. I'm sure if you had a lightsaber at Kira's throat and asked again, the answer would be quite different.
Maybe Vette secretly likes the shock collar hmmm? For someone who doesn't like it she sure does enough to get herself a little shock.

Larce_Apollo
12.03.2012 , 11:22 AM | #12
There were some animation delays on the republic side early on, but that was corrected.

In most cases the PvP community, the ones who really like to PvP from casual to hardcore are going to be more imperial focused. It's a theme you see throughout most MMOs, the bulk of the talent will be on the "bad guy", "evil", "dark", etc, etc side of the fence.

Not saying all pubs are baddies or anything, lot of talent there too, but you will find a lot more of PvE and RP focused players on the republic side. Even on PvE/RP servers, the PvP will be slanted to the imps and the PvE to the reps.

Larcé Apollo - Trooper-Commando/Combat Medic Ω
SWG/Bria Vet - CE Pre-Order - Full Beta Tester
The Army of Light | The Ebon Hawk Server

iDraxter
12.03.2012 , 02:29 PM | #13
from my point of view the jedi are op!
Firebat: Need a light?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

_biddan_
12.03.2012 , 03:22 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by iDraxter View Post
this guy won
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

MishraArtificer
12.03.2012 , 08:02 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by iDraxter View Post
Well, then, you ARE lost!
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

CephalicRex
12.04.2012 , 11:44 AM | #16
That's because only the most sexually frustrated, elite shut-ins among us are dedicated imp rollers that release all that pent up energy; they live out fantasies of unlimited power and smashing the good guys that always get the girl in the face with their big lightsabers. The phenomena actually speaks volumes about our server populations.

So next time some big bad marauders come leaping at you with the fury of a thousand lonely nights, remember these words and it may help you through your struggle.

Petnil
12.04.2012 , 05:47 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
Off in the corner soloing elites - basically off tanking - while the main tank holds down the other mobs?
This might be the reason you die in FP. Lots of healers do NOT heal dps wannabe tanks. Never go for the big elite fist in a FP. ALWAYS start with the low hp mobs and move to medium hp mobs and kill high hp mobs last. If you should be offtanking anything it should only be lowhp mobs that die fast.

PvP iīve got no idea, but in PvE i havenīt noticed any difference. Exept for some odd reason the imp comunity seems just a tiny bit more friendly. Maybe thatīs just due to total randomness of it all, but when people ask newbie questions in general chat, imp side seems to be to have less rude answers.

Commander_Hawke
12.05.2012 , 08:33 AM | #18
For those who were not here at launch or several months after... the classes were NOT identical.

A number of abilities were slightly different between counterparts that gave the sith an advantage.

Things like cool down for the sleep with IA was like 30 seconds. For Smuggler 90 seconds.

There were quite a few other advantages probably about 7 months after launch.

But I will say most of everything looks mirrored (still not sure of PT and Vanguard yet). So they did well in that aspect.

As a whole for whatever reason, pubbers seem to do better in arena with Sith, than republic.