Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel market needs to sell endgame pve/pvp gear!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Cartel market needs to sell endgame pve/pvp gear!

Ishagu
12.05.2012 , 07:42 AM | #1
Im not talking about the top tier stuff, but there should be the option to buy a set of columi gear at least so that new players and alts can quickly jump in to hard modes and possibly ops once we hit the endgame.
Laptop: Alienware M15x, I7 740QM, 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333Mhz, 1.5GB Nvidia GTX 460M, 500GB SATA HD @ 7200rpm, Windows 7 x64, 1600x900
-~Ishagu~-

SNCommand
12.05.2012 , 07:44 AM | #2
You get recruit gear when you hit lvl 50 and in 1.6 you will get the tionese gear as well, no need for anything else to start right into the endgame
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Kirameki
12.05.2012 , 07:45 AM | #3
So you want to turn the shop in a Pay 2 Win Cashshop for the Wallet Warriors ?
"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!"
Twitter | Raptr | Tumblr
My refer a friend link

Ishagu
12.05.2012 , 07:52 AM | #4
No, no, no. The best gear should always be earned.

I simply suggest having decent gear available to buy. Tionese gear sucks.
Laptop: Alienware M15x, I7 740QM, 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333Mhz, 1.5GB Nvidia GTX 460M, 500GB SATA HD @ 7200rpm, Windows 7 x64, 1600x900
-~Ishagu~-

Remlish
12.05.2012 , 08:04 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ishagu View Post

I simply suggest having decent gear available to buy. Tionese gear sucks.
Tionese is more than adequate for starting out in HMs and early SM ops. The MK-2 recruit gear is already adequate enough to handle them. By offering end game gear , even mid tier like Rakata , you are essentially giving people a reason to play less. Whether you are a subscriber or Free to Play member EA/Bioware do not want to give any more reasons to play any one area of the game less unless there is an equal reason to play more available.
[█|▀▀|▀╠╣▀▀▐|████████████████████████████████████████)

Screaming_Ziva
12.05.2012 , 08:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Remlish View Post
Tionese is more than adequate for starting out in HMs and early SM ops.
Agreed. Besides, 1.6 is bringing a full set of Tionese to players as soon as they hit level 50. I remember when people actually had to work for Tionese.

Cretinus
12.05.2012 , 08:23 AM | #7
Im not talking about the top tier stuff, but there should be the option to buy a set of columi gear at least so that new players and alts can quickly jump in to hard modes and possibly ops once we hit the endgame.
This is basically asking BW to sell gameplay-rewards for real money so that you don't have to play the game in order to get the rewards. Why not top tier gear too? This way you wouldn't have to waste a single minute playing the game.
nerf operatives

translucentwolf
12.05.2012 , 08:24 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirameki View Post
So you want to turn the shop in a Pay 2 Win Cashshop for the Wallet Warriors ?
Yes please.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

JFerret
12.05.2012 , 08:27 AM | #9
No, no, no. The best gear should always be earned.
Really? As it is now? If you have enough credits you can get yourself into full 63 gear without ever having to earn it through the top tier content. Bioware made a huge mess up with regards to reverse engineering player made items and if they do the same for the next tier gear I think it just goes to show how clueless they really are.

DarkDisturbed
12.05.2012 , 08:27 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Agreed. Besides, 1.6 is bringing a full set of Tionese to players as soon as they hit level 50. I remember when people actually had to work for Tionese.
nobody ever had to work for Tionese, lol. I don't know a single person that has ever worked for Tionese and I've been playing since launch.