Companions 101: Vette

CourtneyWoods

Really? It's this hard to answer the question that you're asked or shut the heck if you have no favourite Vette moments? Do you HAVE to gripe about something in every single thread? That's a general 'you' not one person, btw.

One favourite moments is the cutscene prior to killing a boss on Tatooine, because I really like the times that there's companion interaction in the story, in addition to affection related cutscenes, and that's a good one. It's hard to pick just one, though. Vette is very entertaining and and really helped my warrior keep his sense of humor.

The letters you get from her at the end of her romance storyline are lol funny.

Suggestion for the next companion: Lord Scourge

Edited by errant_knight

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? It's this hard to answer the question that you're asked or shut the heck if you have no favourite Vette moments? Do you HAVE to gripe about something in every single thread? That's a general 'you' not one person, btw.

One favourite moments is the cutscene prior to killing a boss on Tatooine, because I really like the times that there's companion interaction in the story, in addition to affection related cutscenes, and that's a good one. It's hard to pick just one, though. Vette is very entertaining and and really helped my warrior keep his sense of humor.

The letters you get from her at the end of her romance storyline are lol funny.

Suggestion for the next companion: Lord Scourge

should see the love notes from akaavi lol.

I fracking adore Vette. she is 10 levels of awesome in a 5 awesome can. her sassy attitude, straight forward manner and unfiltered mouth just cannot be denied, as her skill with a pair of blasters cant be denied either.

This. It's written so well and summarizes all of the reasons why I love Vette.

I started my sith warrior as a full of arrogance and hatred, cruel pureblood sith. When it came to using the shock collar I was planning to stick to the characterization I gave my character and show no indulgence for Vette being so disrespectful. So I used the [shock] option the first time. Still Vette would keep being Vette and the game kept showing the [shock] options repeatedly, and after the third time I grew sick and I knew I could not keep shocking her for the rest of the game. So I decided to change my character for Vette, as I grew fonder of her the more the story progressed. She could make fun of Darth Baras when my "respectful and dutiful apprentice" could not, she would make all those snarky comments in my dialogues while my character was a dead serious killing machine.

In the end she changed my warrior to be a better person and I took more and more lightside decisions (eventhough my warrior was mostly dark side, he had quite a few ilghtside points).

I don't remember exactly when and how, but at some point in the early game I was growing to like Vette very much and I clicked on her, and for the first time I heard Vette say: "what? Are you afraid I'll leave you?".

It was this one time that the fourth wall was broken and it made me realize that it was not my character who was afraid to lose Vette, but me as a player who was afraid that Vette would leave my character because I did something wrong in the game (it was before I learned that from a gameplay perspective it was impossible to lose a companion...). And with her saying that phrase with that tone implying that she would stay with me no matter what, my heart melted :o

Yes, that's how much the game got into me. There were several other moments when the game got into me, but that's my Vette's special moment.

Edited by Oggthebase

I *adore* vette. Off all the Imperial side female character companions, she is the winner by far.

1. her attitude

2. her usefullness for my Juggernaut tank

If i compare her to other starting companions on Imperial side, Mako, Kalyio and Khem, she wins with me, even though all companions have their pros.

I swear by Vette ;)

Vette's all right, I usually swap her out for Quinn as soon as I'm finished Balmorra though. Because of this I haven't seen too many of her scenes, although (please don't kill me), I about died laughing when I saw the YT video of letting DS Jaesa shock the crap out of Vette. Poor Vette!

Who would I like to see next? A male companion please. It doesn't even have to be a romance option either. How about Guss? I love Guss!

I like Vette because it is an optimistic character, say what's on her mind, and her replies are funny.

Next companion who want to be is Elara Dorne.

I don't like Quinn Malave, even if it have a prrety face, is the weakest healer character of all companion that are healers.

P.S. I gave the collar from the Vette neck down when we entered in the first cantina that is on the imperial fleet because I don't wanted to treat her like a slave, but as a reliable companion that helps me, even though I have10k DS.

Actually, I'd say that Doctor Lokin is the weakest, because his DPS abilities and Healing abilities are mutually exclusive. Horrible stuff.

When we go back to Imperials, I want Blizz. Nothing can convince me otherwise.

As for Republic companions? I really don't want Aric Jorgan or Elara Dorne. The Trooper companions just don't appeal to me. Guss seems to be a common choice, so I'd go with him, or Tharan. The guy annoys me, but I'm very curious.

Now that my suggestions are out of the way, I find Vette to be a very useful companion. Sure, my Juggernaught can live longer with Quinn on the sidelines, but the important thing to remember is that I can't aggro spread out groups well enough to keep them off Quinn. With Vette, anyone that she attracts the attention of is someone she's about to kill.

What I don't like is the romance option. I didn't take it, not only because she feels too young for him, but more importantly, there's something extremely disturbing about it. She didn't choose to come with him, she was a slave who knew how to get me what I wanted. If she left, I would not try to stop her. Taking a romance option would feel wrong, as it would with Jaesa, who didn't have a choice either. Yeah. Lightsided the whole way. :jawa_angel:

Vette is the only companion who has seriously affected my game play. I started out my Sith Warrior to be the super dark evil warrior type and of course when I got Vette I thrilled in shocking the disobiedent slave every chance I got. But as it went along I started feeling worse and worse when I did it until one time when she was begging me to remove it and I shocked her again she was almost in tears telling me how horrible of a person I was, and I actually felt horrible! After that I couldn't play the character anymore, it made me feel bad to even look at it! I wound up deleteing the character and remaking her.

I tried to keep my dark side views even though I released Vette from the collar the first time she asked but eventually she converted me so I wound up with a light side Sith Warrior :) Vette is the only companion who has ever had that much effect on my play style, and I love her for it :)

Edited by Hunterkat

Glad to see this, although I haven't played the Warrior yet. I'd like to see Guss or maybe M1-4X next.

And as a side note.... I really, REALLY hope we don't wait long for the next Companions 101 blog. It's kinda sad that it took THIS long to get the third blog.

4X he's the best trooper companion besides Elara Dorne

Malavai Quinn.

He is, by far, more interesting than the other three companions that have been featured due to his choices in the Sith Warrior story.

At least do a male companion for the next one. I'd settle for Aric since he's romanceable and that seems to be the emerging pattern.

...And everyone thinks JUST LIKE ME!!

Vette's companion stories were a nice, interesting surprise to me as a new player knowing nothing about the class stories or companions. I had a character concept in mind when I made my twi'lek marauder. It was so unexpected how Vette's history dove-tailed with the idea I had, how she represented everything my character could have been if "life" had taken a different turn. She's my best friend and "little sister" now.

But let's see... favorite personal moments...

Aside from every time she approved of me insulting Baras, there was this comment she made on Tatooine, said she'd turn purple if we stayed out in the sun too long. That decided it for me (when I got done laughing) that the customization I picked for her would make sure she stayed "blue."

To be honest, I love all of the Sith Warrior companions, especially with the path I've taken through class and companion stories so far.

Suggestions on the next featured companion: the game is too new to me still. I've not latched onto anyone else yet not affiliated with the Sith Warrior...

EDIT: I did "latch" onto someone else. Forgot that, sorry. Lord Scourge. He is a compelling character and my jedi sentinel would be drawn romantically to him, never to Doc. I actually started my marauder because of this, leaving my sentinel sitting at 40, a bit disappointed and burnt out. And yes, I know all about Scourge's history now, what happened to him. The potential for romance, the quest for its possibility, would be a great chance at character growth.

Edited by SpiralWinters

Of the female companions, Vette is probably my favorite. Most seem very bland. I can't think of any one stand out moment for her, but she's like my Juggernaut's little sister.

I support all of the people saying we need a guy next! I'd really, really like to see Quinn written up since he is hands down the most interesting and complex character in the game - and he has a very large fandom... But since we will be getting a Republic character next, and just had a SW companion, I'd like to suggest Corso. He fits the pattern of being a romanceable first companion and I think he might have some interesting back story.

I have no problem with the female comps getting attention but I have to admit the males should too. Only because at this rate they will be the only ones left then it will seem like BW is being biased for them. And all seem like the "cute" ones. Not the ****** one (looking at the smuggler story).

• 4 weeks later...
Favorite Vette moment; you finish the romance and consumate your marriage and she suggest setting aside several HOURS each day to do it again... Jesus christ!

THE PERFECT WIFE.

/sigh This part was less believable to me than glowing swords, giant talking slugs and a mystical energy field.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd like to see Mako. When I played my BH, I got Mako to 10,000 affection by about level 35 without more than 2-3 gifts at most. People all the time think it's not possible, but I know it is. I remember reading about Mako's personality back in beta, and when I tell people that they don't believe me, so I'd like to see it "official" again, assuming it still is (and considering what I read back then, coupled with my getting her to 10,0000 so easily, I can't see how it has changed that much)