Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When can I transfer my level 50 to the right server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When can I transfer my level 50 to the right server?

RustyDiodes
12.04.2012 , 03:41 PM | #1
I lead a guild which launched with over 150 players. With only 8 slots per server, and some members who planned to roll all 16 classes, we deployed our main guild (Republic) on one server, and our alt guild (imperial) on another server.

A few months later, Bioware announced that Legacy unlocks would be server-wide, not account wide- and all of a sudden having 50s on separate servers was a bad thing. So we re-rolled our low Imps on our main server, and re-formed our Imp guild there- knowing our high level characters were stuck until server transfers came around.

When they finally did, there was no choice involved. Our guilds, all of our Reps, and our newer Imps were all sent to one Destination Server. Unfortunately, our high level Imps were forced over to a different Destination Server. And they have been stuck there ever since.

It's bad enough that the Legacy levels we earned on that server will not be added to the ones we earned on our main server- but to have some of our best characters imprisoned there indefinitely? This is very terrible! It has been many months now, and the Devs have grown silent on the topic of transfers. Please, give us a way to bring our characters together!

Devs, what say you?

Graydon
12.04.2012 , 04:55 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by RustyDiodes View Post
Devs, what say you?
This topic is posted almost daily and is ignored daily by the same team that said they are listening to their players.

Credibility BW.....grow some.

Andryah
12.04.2012 , 05:33 PM | #3
Don't rush them. If you rush them.. then your level 50 may get a transfer to the "wrong" server.

See what I did there?
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Andryah
12.04.2012 , 05:34 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Graydon View Post
This topic is posted almost daily and is ignored daily
Apparently... sometimes twice daily.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Graydon
12.05.2012 , 10:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Apparently... sometimes twice daily.
I sure wish the community team would hire you.

Perhaps a consultant on customer relations, community involvement, and active participation? There is a lot they can learn from you.

Vandicus
12.05.2012 , 10:49 AM | #6
So, if I'm understanding you correctly, the only reason this is a problem for you is because of Legacy benefits?
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Beechnutt
12.08.2012 , 01:10 PM | #7

seriously needed feature.

TheHeat
12.08.2012 , 02:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
So, if I'm understanding you correctly, the only reason this is a problem for you is because of Legacy benefits?
This is probably the case for about 90% of the people who really want a paid transfer option. I know I'd settle for an account-wide legacy if paid transfers can't be done.

RustyDiodes
12.09.2012 , 07:40 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeff Hickman View Post
One of the most important things to us is to hear player feedback on their game experience. Our community team truly has an ear to the ground with community concerns and discussions and we often make changes based on player feedback.
You keep asking for feedback. We keep asking for server transfers. Please respond?

DwainD
12.09.2012 , 08:04 AM | #10
Don't hold your breath or anything, it wont be here before mid summer if then. its been a year now and there still isn't a character copy to PTS, which they've claimed to be working on since beta, so a server transfer probably wont happen any time soon either.