Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.03.2012 , 06:42 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
If the group was in Columi, the last drop (Rakata Chestpiece and Columi Mainhand) will be an upgrade.

With 1.6, EVERYBODY gets a full set of free Tionese. This means that for most people, the last boss on a T1 FP will have their upgrade.

This is just fair, don't you think?

Then take into account the fact that EV and KP are on weekly lockouts and require 8 people to do. That's 7 other people you're competing with for the same drop that you can only do once per week. HM LI is infinitely repeatable and you're only competing with 3 other people.

Now, if a group is unable to complete the flashpoint in full Columi, there are many many guides to help them get better.
Well that's the case,

Tionese is enought for all the Tier1 HM FP, recruit gear is enough for some of the FP especially as DPS. The bosses don't just drop tionese, but also columi belt/implants, along with Exotech sometimes. So it's upgrade for them as well.

But most of the LI runners got at least half columi and D7 and Foundry are both easy, so LR-5 and Sav-Rak's drop are usually quite pointless.

Sure Lorrick drops good so I think we should leave him there, but the other 2 should either get better drop or get nerfed. Sure I can run well with good groups but none of us look at their drops.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
12.03.2012 , 08:29 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Well that's the case,

Tionese is enought for all the Tier1 HM FP, recruit gear is enough for some of the FP especially as DPS. The bosses don't just drop tionese, but also columi belt/implants, along with Exotech sometimes. So it's upgrade for them as well.

But most of the LI runners got at least half columi and D7 and Foundry are both easy, so LR-5 and Sav-Rak's drop are usually quite pointless.

Sure Lorrick drops good so I think we should leave him there, but the other 2 should either get better drop or get nerfed. Sure I can run well with good groups but none of us look at their drops.
You're saying that D7 and Foundry are easy. Of course they are. They are TOO easy. You're trying to take the ONLY flashpoint in the entire game that has any challenge to it and trivializing it.

I believe you should up your standards of ability play your class, interrupt damage, avoid circles on the group and move at the right time. Don't lower the standard of difficulty to match your ability.

LR-5 only requires 2162 dps to beat his enrage timer. The tank will do at least 400-500. That leaves 800 each for the dps. That is NOT HARD TO DO. If you never miss an incinerate, never stand in the energy coils, and the tank maintains aggro, there really isn't that much damage to heal.

This is why players can do it without awesome gear. This is also why some of the people earlier in this thread make absurd claims like "requiring BH/Rakata gear." They're taking too much avoidable damage and running around like a chicken when they should be hitting the boss.

Why are you lobbying to make the instance easier instead of trying to become a better player?

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.03.2012 , 09:12 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
You're saying that D7 and Foundry are easy. Of course they are. They are TOO easy. You're trying to take the ONLY flashpoint in the entire game that has any challenge to it and trivializing it.
Yeah so not many people will try to get their columi pants/boot by doing LI.

Quote:
I believe you should up your standards of ability play your class, interrupt damage, avoid circles on the group and move at the right time. Don't lower the standard of difficulty to match your ability.

LR-5 only requires 2162 dps to beat his enrage timer. The tank will do at least 400-500. That leaves 800 each for the dps. That is NOT HARD TO DO. If you never miss an incinerate, never stand in the energy coils, and the tank maintains aggro, there really isn't that much damage to heal.
Yeah sure I beat it many times easily with good groups, but many groups I met wipe horribly there, and it is more difficult than other FP's bosses.

Quote:
This is why players can do it without awesome gear. This is also why some of the people earlier in this thread make absurd claims like "requiring BH/Rakata gear." They're taking too much avoidable damage and running around like a chicken when they should be hitting the boss.

Why are you lobbying to make the instance easier instead of trying to become a better player?
Well among all of the groups I've met need at least 1 rakata guy to beat it, it's the healer because Sav-Rak's encounter, we did avoid all the damage we could but the healer still could not heal up.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
12.04.2012 , 01:05 AM | #214
Slowpokeking, see here's the difference between you and me:

I see difficult content and say, "I need to get better to beat it"

You see difficult content and say, "Make it easier, or overgear it" Then when you beat it by overgearing it, you say, "It needs to drop more rewards to make it worthwhile"

By now, it's apparent that I'll never convince you otherwise. I just hope that the devs don't listen to you. We've already had two nerfs on HM LI, and you're hard at work on another.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
12.04.2012 , 08:49 AM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Yeah so not many people will try to get their columi pants/boot by doing LI.
Right. I, for one, look at flashpoints's loot as whatever the last boss drops. In this case, Columi mainhand and Rakata chest. No other flashpoint has that. You need to do operations to get them.

Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Well among all of the groups I've met need at least 1 rakata guy to beat it, it's the healer because Sav-Rak's encounter, we did avoid all the damage we could but the healer still could not heal up.
What makes that boss hard for the healer, is dps eating his cleave. Yes, usually people avoid it most of the time.
But when the ape starts his chest pounding thing, they should stack up looking at his ugly butt. Not in front of him (range dps may fall for it since they're at a safe distance before this) , because after the smash, if boss doesn't jump immediately to the pipes, dps will eat his cleave. Squishies going to the consoles at 30% health.... well, a pain to heal through....

Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
We've already had two nerfs on HM LI, and you're hard at work on another.
What two nerfs ?

One is the white circle "warning" on droid boss. The other ?

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
12.04.2012 , 08:59 AM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
What two nerfs ?

One is the white circle "warning" on droid boss. The other ?
"Doctor Simlo and Doctor Proxinus are now easier to defeat."
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.04.2012 , 10:32 AM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Right. I, for one, look at flashpoints's loot as whatever the last boss drops. In this case, Columi mainhand and Rakata chest. No other flashpoint has that. You need to do operations to get them.
But a good designed FP should have the the bosses upgrade loot for people, not just the final boss, especially the first 2 bosses require columi to beat for most of the people.


Quote:
What makes that boss hard for the healer, is dps eating his cleave. Yes, usually people avoid it most of the time.
But when the ape starts his chest pounding thing, they should stack up looking at his ugly butt. Not in front of him (range dps may fall for it since they're at a safe distance before this) , because after the smash, if boss doesn't jump immediately to the pipes, dps will eat his cleave. Squishies going to the consoles at 30% health.... well, a pain to heal through....
It's the lag issue, if you don't get near him, you may be too late to get beneath him when he use that smash.

Hovergame's Avatar


Hovergame
12.04.2012 , 11:13 AM | #218
Stop whining.

Should we nerf heavily EC HM because the vast majority of players cannot pass it in Rakata (without any amelioration) ? Or Nerf EC Nightmare/TFB HM because the vast majority of players cannot pass them with BH/Campaign gear ? No. When the new Operation will come, a nerf would be welcome, to give a chance to the newcomers to gear up fast. EC NM went that way.

The same logic applie to LI. When a new FP will come, I'd agree to nerf LI, but now : NO. And yes, this FP can be done with a good Tionese group, like EC HM was doable in Rakata, but most of the players weren't able to pass the tanks in SM, even in Rakata ......

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.04.2012 , 01:19 PM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by Hovergame View Post
Stop whining.

Should we nerf heavily EC HM because the vast majority of players cannot pass it in Rakata (without any amelioration) ? Or Nerf EC Nightmare/TFB HM because the vast majority of players cannot pass them with BH/Campaign gear ? No. When the new Operation will come, a nerf would be welcome, to give a chance to the newcomers to gear up fast. EC NM went that way.

The same logic applie to LI. When a new FP will come, I'd agree to nerf LI, but now : NO. And yes, this FP can be done with a good Tionese group, like EC HM was doable in Rakata, but most of the players weren't able to pass the tanks in SM, even in Rakata ......
They drop better gear than Rakata and Campaign/BH.

Very very few Tionese groups could do it well, and the groups we saw in this thread mostly already did it many times, just use Tionese for a challenge, that's totally different than newbies doing LI.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.04.2012 , 01:37 PM | #220
My suggestion is instead of Columi boot/leg, let the first 2 bosses drop some non set gears with level 58 mods and Rakata implant/earpiece.