Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best possible way of making credits? Give me all ya tips <3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Best possible way of making credits? Give me all ya tips <3

RavenousRIzzy
12.02.2012 , 12:34 AM | #1
Im looking to make millions. Which crew skill combinations is best? And what items is good to farm (and where can I do it) <3

Draloch
12.02.2012 , 03:48 AM | #2
Well, money isn't terribly hard to make in this game. Doing dailies nets a pretty big chunk once you reach level 50 and have some decent gear.

As far as crew skills, I recommend underworld trading and try to run as many metals missions as possible for Mandalorian Iron. Diplomacy is another decent option for the Radioactive Paste. Slicing is another decent one for both the Advance Neural Augmentors and the max level missions that come from the lockbox missions.

Those are all mission skills, so if you take all 3 of those, you won't be doing any actual crafting, but if all you want is money, those are probably the big 3.

The richer people on the server are probably Cybertech's, Artificers, and Armstech people who can clear all the toughest operations and who's guilds let them reverse engineer all the mods for guild use. Once those guys have the schematics, they make big bucks selling the mods, or charging other players to make them.

AshlaBoga
12.02.2012 , 04:18 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Draloch View Post
Well, money isn't terribly hard to make in this game. Doing dailies nets a pretty big chunk once you reach level 50 and have some decent gear.

As far as crew skills, I recommend underworld trading and try to run as many metals missions as possible for Mandalorian Iron. Diplomacy is another decent option for the Radioactive Paste. Slicing is another decent one for both the Advance Neural Augmentors and the max level missions that come from the lockbox missions.

Those are all mission skills, so if you take all 3 of those, you won't be doing any actual crafting, but if all you want is money, those are probably the big 3.

The richer people on the server are probably Cybertech's, Artificers, and Armstech people who can clear all the toughest operations and who's guilds let them reverse engineer all the mods for guild use. Once those guys have the schematics, they make big bucks selling the mods, or charging other players to make them.
He speaks the truth. The most profitable form of crafting is to RE specific drops (whatever the BiS tier of Hilt/Barrel and Armouring is at the time). Formerly the moneymaker was Campaign Hilts/Barrels Armourings now it's Dread Guard. But remember, there are no Skill using tanks in the game, so Patron gear is a waste. I think Dread Guard gear minus patron is generally a safe bet.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

RavenousRIzzy
12.02.2012 , 09:00 AM | #4
Really helped a lot. Thank you

Alec_Fortescue
12.02.2012 , 10:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by RavenousRIzzy View Post
Im looking to make millions. Which crew skill combinations is best? And what items is good to farm (and where can I do it) <3
Raid end-game content twice a week, reverse engineer EVERYTHING you'll get in order to get schematics. Craft, sell, profit. If you get an exclusive item charge uber high to prevent r/e. Abuse legacy gear to r/e your stuff. I.e. Raid with artifice character and send mods/armorings/barrels to your alts via Legacy Gear.

That's my story. My sig is tad outdated
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

psandak
12.03.2012 , 11:16 AM | #6
Three steps:

#1 Patience Patience and more Patience. There is NO WAY to make millions over night. This is the biggest stumbling block I come across. If you try to run the race like the hare you will lose; you need to be the tortoise - slow and steady wins the race. Go for that big score and you will only be disappointed. Craft lots of little things at a modest profit, they will sell consistently and your coffers will grow.

#2 Set a goal and stick to it; "keep your eyes on the prize" - if you want to make a million credits do not spend a hundred thousand on some new shiny you see someone wearing. which leads into...

#3 do not spend any credits on anything you do not absolutely need. You'd be surprised how much saving your credits impacts your credit making process.

Alec_Fortescue
12.03.2012 , 01:06 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Three steps:

#1 Patience Patience and more Patience. There is NO WAY to make millions over night. This is the biggest stumbling block I come across. If you try to run the race like the hare you will lose; you need to be the tortoise - slow and steady wins the race. Go for that big score and you will only be disappointed. Craft lots of little things at a modest profit, they will sell consistently and your coffers will grow.

#2 Set a goal and stick to it; "keep your eyes on the prize" - if you want to make a million credits do not spend a hundred thousand on some new shiny you see someone wearing. which leads into...

#3 do not spend any credits on anything you do not absolutely need. You'd be surprised how much saving your credits impacts your credit making process.
1. My record was over 10 mil one night (and i bet there are better ones) so cut the poppycock. If you manage to get a rare thing before everyone else then you can make a lot in a very short time.

2 and 3 on the other hand are very true.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Beltane
12.03.2012 , 01:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
1. My record was over 10 mil one night (and i bet there are better ones) so cut the poppycock. If you manage to get a rare thing before everyone else then you can make a lot in a very short time.
Yes, but how often does this realistically happen? I've been playing since launch and consider myself to be reasonably well off financially yet have never sold anything for more than 1mill... and that happened about twice. Slow and steady is a perfectly viable way to make money in MMOs. Most of my millions came from selling hundreds of items worth 10-50k apiece

I believe the point psandak was making, especially for people just starting out, is to not dismiss the 10k profit and only look for 1mill profits. Every little bit helps.
--=[ Wrath of Korriban
Ebon Hawk | Heavy Sith RP
IG: Beltane

MimicUnleashed
12.04.2012 , 02:18 AM | #9
I did dailies till I almost vomited. Well... I sorta did. In my mouth. But. I had a stack of good credits. AND I got lucky. Before the improved chance to get an augment in sabers I popped out an augmented tank's double blade. Sold that puppy for 3 mil. When the vendor showed up selling BOE crystals on the fleet I spent every dime I had on hawkeye purple crystals. Now I sell them for roughtly 1-2 mil a piece every few weeks to keep the market from getting too overloaded. I have about 20 left, but I can afford whatever I want in this game. Course... I'm a very cheap SOB.
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
Show me on the doll where Bioware touched you
Never Forget
Never Surrender

Bunions
12.04.2012 , 03:48 AM | #10
Molecular stabilizers. Any possibly way you can get your hands on more of them, the better shape you'll be in. They sell for pretty well on their own, but they are also required for practically everything high end.