Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Meet the Developers: Jonathan Crow

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Meet the Developers: Jonathan Crow
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lurtzello
11.30.2012 , 05:24 PM | #21
What do the top two lines (the pink and the grey one) of the posted graph rapresent?
Is one used for the time spent in space combat missions and the other for the time spent on the personal starship?
Everything is STAR WARS is the best.

theBrokenSaint
11.30.2012 , 06:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by RalphYauger View Post
I find it interesting that more time is spent on fleet or in Ops, FP's, and WZ. (and not much on Lvl 1-50 planetary time - i.e. time spent "in the story" of the War between the Sith and the Republic) [snip]
Read again. The chart doesn't say anything about the time spent before level 50.

It seems that the interview was done a while ago. He said his brew would be ready for consumption around Thanksgiving. I assume he works at the Austin studio, which would mean Thanksgiving was Thursday, last week. It's fun to read these things though. I wish serendipity would work out as well for me as it's done him.

Nimithril
11.30.2012 , 06:30 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by RalphYauger View Post
I find it interesting that more time is spent on fleet or in Ops, FP's, and WZ. (and not much on Lvl 1-50 planetary time - i.e. time spent "in the story" of the War between the Sith and the Republic) - that means there are a lot of lvl 50's that are running around without something to do - or they are running the FP's, etc. over and over for a few commendations and getting bored like me. .
You need to read the bit above the graph again. That chart was for level 50s only, and showed no data for planetary time spent levelling. The percentage of game time spent on planets that was shown in the graph was for time spent by 50s doing dailies/gathering/wandering aimlessly, and not for anyone levelling a new char.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAbominor View Post
And finally, sitting through this video is like watching a 6 year old bash his own head in with a frying pan.. just not as entertaining.
Quote: Originally Posted by nvoid View Post
That's my new facebook status: Shut up the f$$%$% mouth!

Despotus
11.30.2012 , 07:04 PM | #24
I just want to mention I really enjoyed reading your article Mr. Crow! As a high school student about to enter college, I get excited when I read about using statistics, analyzation, and careers. Getting involved with SWTOR as both work and play is basically my dream job...your so lucky!
Spoiler

RalphYauger
11.30.2012 , 07:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Nimithril View Post
You need to read the bit above the graph again. That chart was for level 50s only, and showed no data for planetary time spent levelling. The percentage of game time spent on planets that was shown in the graph was for time spent by 50s doing dailies/gathering/wandering aimlessly, and not for anyone levelling a new char.
Sorry for the mistake - i updated it. It really makes no difference - if you visit the planets you'll see the numbers are still low. The merit of my arguement still stands - once you reach 50 = boring. More variety/possiblities in the various storylines makes the game interesting and repeatable.

xorcist
11.30.2012 , 07:28 PM | #26
I'm curious about post level 50 warzone participation, and pre level 50 participation. This is where the useless Expertise stat comes to play.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

AshlaBoga
11.30.2012 , 07:46 PM | #27
Hallmark? I wonder if he influenced the Smuggler story at all, sometimes the Smuggler jokes sound like familiar.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Individual
11.30.2012 , 11:32 PM | #28
How about you actually share some class statistics. Oh maybe what's played the most? What class does the most dmg. Which class does the least dmg. ect... I'm sure we already know the answer to most of those, but I'd like to see the actual stats on it.

Izorii
12.01.2012 , 02:39 AM | #29
Hello. I have a question you say you watch trends and help the developers focus on areas of player interest do you spend much time on the forums, do you ever look at the suggestion page and if you do what do you think the top 5 places of improvement are for the forum going crowd?

globext
12.01.2012 , 02:47 AM | #30
Cool interview. Its nice to meet the developers behind the scenes.