Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marriage and kids?

Lorica
11.30.2012 , 01:42 PM | #171
I wouldn't mind either adoptable kids for incompatible plumbing and biologicals for compatible plumbing. I am pretending (through legacy tree) the rest of my Republic toons, all of FIVE of them, are the sons and daughters of my Sage and Nadia... ;-)

Eldartank
11.30.2012 , 06:07 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Yermog View Post
Actually in the game when you play as a SW (and I think SI) someone talks about how it's expected for them to have kids. Sith are the top dogs in the Empire, so naturally Sith want to have kids of their own to continue the legacy. Apparently it's expected of them to have children, whether it's in marriage or outside of it. I honestly don't remember what I was doing or where I was when I heard that, but I do remember it being said.

And as far as Jedi go, I think some of them do secretly have kids, just like some of them secretly get married. They just never, ever, ever talk about it.
In the most recent "Old Republic" novel (the one currently in hardcover), one of the main characters is the son of Satele Shan, the Jedi Grand Master. I'm curious to know how that came about without Satele being ejected from the Jedi Order. I doubt it's a secret son, since Satele seems to be a rather straight-arrow type, devoted to the Jedi Order.

TrumpetNut
12.01.2012 , 12:38 AM | #173
We all know by now that there are romanceable companions who will either propose to you (all the romanceable guys) or bring it up in conversation, which will prompt you to propose (all the romanceable girls).

This is delightful and all that, but usually after the marriage convo, your new spouse will bring up the subject of having kids of your own, either naturally or through adoption if you're of different species.

So, my question is this: It keeps getting hinted at that there's gonna be a chance to have kids at some point in the game. Is this going to happen or not? Maybe it's just something that they tossed in there to give the family-types something to be happy about, but with the Legacy and all that, I'm not sure.

Any thoughts on this? Pro, against, happening, not going to happen?

Personally, I haven't decided myself. It'd be cool to see a story involving having a kid of your own, but realistically, I can't see it happening.
Great idea! They could make a huge extra story patch r something and having kids would be interesting in-game. They will never do this but.....Great idea!

Lorica
12.06.2012 , 12:12 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldartank View Post
In the most recent "Old Republic" novel (the one currently in hardcover), one of the main characters is the son of Satele Shan, the Jedi Grand Master. I'm curious to know how that came about without Satele being ejected from the Jedi Order. I doubt it's a secret son, since Satele seems to be a rather straight-arrow type, devoted to the Jedi Order.
Actually, Jace and Satele's son was a secret delivery and they gave the child to a Jedi Grand Master to raise. As for being ejected, if she showed no signs of giving into the Dark Side, no one is going to question a Grand Master.

gpgtx
12.07.2012 , 01:06 AM | #175
also i don't think she was a grand master yet when she had the child?

could be wrong i am not up on my EU

bionamaster
12.08.2012 , 12:46 PM | #176
Images of the spouses teaching their kids "skills" are now floating through my head...

Mako: "Okay, honey, now when you want to hack into government bases, you have to remember that they're always double encrypted..."

Malavi: "Alright, you seem to have memorized how to properly address all of the Sith Lords. Now let's move on to- don't you DARE set me on fire again!" (I think he'd secretly be a hard-***, despite the SW being in charge.)

Corso: "Now, aim straight ahead, focus on their nose, and imagine that they're a magnet for the blaster bullet. Good job, sweetie!"

Vette: "Remember, always hide the card in your BOOT. They'll be watching your sleeves..."

Oh, the lessons just go on and on...
You forgot the best one of all: HK-51.

Advisement: When utilizing a Sniper Rifle, remember to choose a holographic scope setup. Next, aim your reticule at the organic troublemakers vital organ, and-there you go, fantastic job! Now I will go ask Doctor Archiban to fix Sergeant Rusk's spleen.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Swedguy
03.22.2013 , 05:28 AM | #177
I also think this could be a really nice addition to a future expansion.

I think a post like this could be posted in the Suggestion Box in General Discussion. Hopefully they'd see it!

starwarsmarsian
03.22.2013 , 06:23 AM | #178
"No, that is the ship's exit, not a slide! We're in the middle of space!"
"Gault, could you please go sleep in the cargo hold? The kids think you're a devil!"
*At the Imperial Fleet* "No, that's not a toy, that's the torpedo fire button! No! NOOOO!!!"

I would really love having little kids in my D5-Mantis.
Horsan, level 50 Powertech

Keitanic
03.22.2013 , 09:24 AM | #179
I think that realistically having a family and children would be an implementable option for an expansion...it would be a simple enough storyline to create that is cantered around your family being killed/kidnapped and you going off to rescue them.

Paltan
03.22.2013 , 09:40 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
I think itll be mainly through legacy system (atleast, i will do that)

Plus, im not sure i want a bunch of little Sithlings running around.

and im not sure i can abopt with mine.. its the inquisitor romance "Ashara Zavros". Shes togruta, so no one can play her race... But uh, children is possible.. because.. umm.. we.. expressed our love.. physically...(its funny, the cutscene afterwords she was putting her clothes back on humming the imperial march song)

It is a subject im a bit neutral on... it be fun to imagine, but weird to put together. Hope that makes sense.
I had a very good laugh at that actually when she started humming the imperial march song! as for the initial subject, I do think it could be cool if we have a story evolving around having to rescue them etc...
Imagination is limitless! Death smiles at everyone, Sith smile back!
If you see my Inquisitor and you just want to punch him in the face for his arrogance, good, I feel the same way!

Sith Marauder 50, Sith Assassin 55