Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Synergy between class stories

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Synergy between class stories

OldVengeance
11.26.2012 , 07:58 PM | #11
Well the Jedi Knight gets a First Son cameo that only makes hilariously ironic sense later.

Stradlin
11.26.2012 , 08:22 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin View Post
Does a timeline of any kind exist of class stories? Has it been possible to establish one?

I'd assume Jedi Knight story takes place towards the beginning, Sith Inq at end.
It is bad taste to quote myself admittedly

But yeah. TIMELINE. Wish this had been a word underlined on that chalkboard of the nonexistant meeting BW writers had. You know, the one where they spoke about TOR's storylines and how they should come together.

I'd love to see sub screen named Timeline in the game actually. Something integrated as part of the Legacy or Achievments perhaps.

Ie, you roll Jedi Knight and a tiny blue achivement dot pops up in your timeline. " 32 years after Treaty of Coruscant; Jedi Knight Stradlin arrives at Tython"
Roll Sith Inquis and you'd get vile red dot saying " 38 years after Treaty o Coruscant; EvilStradlin finishes trials on Korriban" etc. Catch my drift?

Such approach, such method would have been very inspiring tool for writers to craft some easy-to-follow and awesome Pulp Fiction type of intersections, twists and surprises. Ofc, it is like 6 years and 300 million dollars too late to realistically hope, request or suggest anything like this to be implemented in game ever. Just idle whatiffing. I tells ye, it would have been awesome. :l

Canino
11.26.2012 , 08:23 PM | #13
It is known that the Inq is after the Sith Warrior, or at least we can, with some accuracy, assume so. At the end of the Inq story, you find yourself
Spoiler
This shows there is SOME small relation, and that there is some minor spots you can find an order.

Sorry if I spelled any names wrong
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Przemo_No
11.27.2012 , 02:19 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin View Post
Revan spoilers in 1st paragraph beware omg

Eh?
What in this bothers you and why? In Pubbie quest chain Revan even speaks about heading to Foundry once he has gotten his arse rescued. - Prime example of synergy I spoke of in OP. When you hop from faction to another the Revan instances give at least some sense of developing and evolving story; impression of you exploring a coin with two sides.
Tru, tru. But I have never explored the Sith clasees that far.... still in front of me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin
I It is also safe to say EA burned bazillion dollars for making hundreds of hours of stories spread among 8 different characters. There are like 50 fully voiced companions in this game. That is highly impressive and utterly sick by any and all accounts. Conclusion; this is not an MMO where most people stick with one character and enjoy the end game.
Tru again. But that's why there are 8 characters.. it's an unique MMO.

Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin
Meanwhile, sheer quantity of unique class-specific content ensures this game shines in reroll department. Yet, EA did very little to actually encourage and suggest people to do so. During launch, there was absolutely nothing in place that would...suggest person who has dinged 50 that he might wanna check other classes out. When you finish the class story, plot really should poke and prod you towards another class in some obvious, natural fashion. It does no such thing. This is infinitely disappointing and wasted opportunity to get people hooked.
Howgh. True too.

it would help if some kind of "classification" is" figured out" as to where to start earliest and on what class to finish to have the most of it.
i.e. one starts with Smuggler, and via Sith Warrior, trooper arrives finally at Sith Inq.. or vice versa.

my wishful thinking actually
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

revansowns
11.28.2012 , 10:06 AM | #15
Doc brings Kaliyo on board your ship during one of the companion quests. The Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight quests actually intersect as well from what I've heard (haven't played the Warrrior to 50 yet).
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

maxetius
11.28.2012 , 12:19 PM | #16
some spoilers...

Quote:

However, I have noticed quite a bit of crossovers with the classes I've played. One of the Consular companion was directly affected by action taken by the Agent, and one of the Agent's companions turns up in the Knight story, for instance. In general there's a lot of NPCs that you run into on one side or another that play a part in other class/faction.
More specifically, Qyzen says he used to run with Braden and specifically contacts Mako during a class quest, and Kaliyo shows up on the JK's ship.

All the stories are basically concurrent. The endings are not.

For Instance, the Bounty Hunter occurs first, as he forces the resignation/kills the head of the Republic. He is then replaced. The rest are a bit of a muddle. While the Warrior is laying the smackdown on Baras,
the Jedi Knight is simultaneously smacking down the Emperor. Immediately after they defeat their opponents and the Warrior strolls out of the chamber, Thanaton addresses the Dark Council on his loss of the Kaggath, in which case the Inquisitor walks in and defeats him.

Time-wise, the Bounty Hunter happens first, while the Inquisitor is probably dead last, we can surmise.

Sinras
11.28.2012 , 05:11 PM | #17
I know some of the companion storylines intersect, or did prior to the start of the game. The General at the end of Black Talon mentions a bunch of weapons that the Empire and Republic are developing, including at least one from the JK story.

Also the Smuggler and Trooper story lines start at the same time. I believe it is Corso at the very start of the Smuggler storline that mentions a troop transport (presumably carrying the Trooper) being shot up Separatists, right as you landed. Also the in the Counsular storyline, i believe it's the end of Tython, there is a comment about the Twi'leks having a new Matriarch. I can't remember anything from the beginnings of the BH, IA, SI, or SW storylines.

My presumption is that all the class stories happen concurrently (or within a few days/weeks). Also the order of the story happens in the order of the planets you visit. This would mean that Emp-Balmora happens before Rep-Balmora, and Rep-Taris happens before Emp-Taris. I'm not entirely sure of this since I haven't played through each side to 50, yet.

YoshiRaphElan
11.28.2012 , 05:13 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
More specifically, Qyzen says he used to run with Braden and specifically contacts Mako during a class quest.
Also, Zenith's mentor was killed by the Imperial agent on Balmorra.

Stradlin
11.29.2012 , 01:53 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinras View Post
I know some of the companion storylines intersect, or did prior to the start of the game. The General at the end of Black Talon mentions a bunch of weapons that the Empire and Republic are developing, including at least one from the JK story.
Sith War + Jedi Knight spoilers in 2nd paragraph!

Quote above is perfect example of small tiny referances I consider quite cool. It is healthy to get reminded sometimes how the characters actually exist in same Galaxy. It has been ages since I did Black Talon, something like this didn't make a blimp on my radar when I played through the 1st half of Jedi Knight story, thanks for pointing this out. There should be so much more stuff like this!

It would have been so terrifyingly cool if Wrath my Jedi Knight got stuck with would have been my former Sith War PC Ofc, such would have taken some moderately heavy rearranging of the storyline(s) but..not all that much. This makes a fine example of stuff I perhaps foolishly assumed TOR would be loaded with. This game could have used significant,big in-your-face intersections of your characters and their fates. I want to meet, speak with and (have option to) kill my former PCs Rerolling is TOR's strong forte. Everything encouraging player to do so is something TOR benefis from greatly. It is so strange class stories in no obvious way encourage you to do so.

Varium
11.29.2012 , 08:26 AM | #20
This might be a far stretch but in the end of IA story there is red rakata running away, and when JC is in Belsavis one of the reason why JC succeeds is because of this red rakata.
50 V Legacy