Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Computer help needed

Tekell
11.27.2012 , 08:24 PM | #1
I have an Acer Aspire x1200:
http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/de...1200sp2.shtml#

and I was wondering if there is any way I could upgrade the power and video card to a better one. If not I am also getting a computer that a family member doesn't use any more and it was custom built with a Asrock motherboard, 4 gigs of memory, dual core 5200 or close to it, 400 watt power i think, and a Radeon x1900 GT graphics card. What would be a good graphics card to upgrade to?

Tekell
11.27.2012 , 08:54 PM | #2
No replies?

lovelybucksy
11.27.2012 , 09:00 PM | #3
Just so you know someones trying to help just give me a few and i'll see what i can help if at all

lovelybucksy
11.27.2012 , 09:06 PM | #4
right off the bat I can tell you have a dual core amd X2 i'd recommend you get amd x4 965 black edition. Your memory is dd2 i'd recommend a dd3. and you power supply watt is ridiculously weak but thats very common when buying a prebuilt computer

edit- i don't care for grammar

Tekell
11.27.2012 , 09:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by lovelybucksy View Post
right off the bat I can tell you have a dual core amd X2 i'd recommend you get amd x4 965 black edition. Your memory is dd2 i'd recommend a dd3. and you power supply watt is ridiculously weak but thats very common when buying a prebuilt computer

edit- i don't care for grammar
Is this for the acer? Could you post links and would the components fit in the case?

lovelybucksy
11.27.2012 , 09:57 PM | #6
Yes its for the Acer and i'm not sure, its more like will it fit on the motherboard not the case. Is the case a half tower or full tower do you know

Tekell
11.27.2012 , 10:06 PM | #7
I'm not sure what kind of case i an guessing half but I'm not sure and the dimensions should be in the link.

lovelybucksy
11.27.2012 , 10:12 PM | #8
Eh dimensions mean nothing to me lol Not good with that kind of stuff.

Hopefully you are not in a rush to know all this right now but i'm on the phone right now so i'll let you know the specs tomorrow night. sorry it'll give me time to tell you the best solutions

Tekell
11.27.2012 , 10:14 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by lovelybucksy View Post
Eh dimensions mean nothing to me lol Not good with that kind of stuff.

Hopefully you are not in a rush to know all this right now but i'm on the phone right now so i'll let you know the specs tomorrow night. sorry it'll give me time to tell you the best solutions
Ok and all i know is that it is smaller than previous computers I have had.

lovelybucksy
11.27.2012 , 10:42 PM | #10
how much are you wiling to spend?