Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Molecular Stabilizers: What's the best ways to get them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Molecular Stabilizers: What's the best ways to get them?

finelinebob
11.27.2012 , 03:49 PM | #1
With the new droid schematics and the relatively huge number of molecular stabilizers you need to craft a full set, I was wondering what is the best way to get these. Got 200 space comms, got my crafting supplies box, got ONE molecular stabilizer. Obviously, that's not very exciting.

And yes, I did a search on Google and databases like TORHead and DarthHater aren't very helpful on the topic.

So, anyone have any advice on how to get them?
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

Theodulus
11.27.2012 , 04:10 PM | #2
Denova and TFB ops. Otherwise grind dailies and buy them from GTN. If you are filthy rich in real life you could probably buy a few hundred cartel packs instead. If you have left over daily commendations you can buy the droid schematic and put up on gtn for a few 100k credits.

Alec_Fortescue
11.27.2012 , 04:11 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
Denova and TFB ops. Otherwise grind dailies and buy them from GTN. If you are filthy rich in real life you could probably buy a few hundred cartel packs instead. If you have left over daily commendations you can buy the droid schematic and put up on gtn for a few 100k credits.
Thing is they're usually getting robbed by the guilds. Imo they should be dropping like commendations - every players gets some.

Best way to get lots of stabs is to buy them. Do not buy anything beyond 150k, though. I got a good deal of 30 stabs for only 3.5 million. Got it today and almost doubled what i spent by now.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Mozivicus
11.27.2012 , 04:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Thing is they're usually getting robbed by the guilds. Imo they should be dropping like commendations - every players gets some.

Best way to get lots of stabs is to buy them. Do not buy anything beyond 150k, though. I got a good deal of 30 stabs for only 3.5 million. Got it today and almost doubled what i spent.
<<<this

If they're gong to make them necessary in soooo many crafted wares (and soon to be needed in new spaceship parts???) , they need to have them drop more often from lower tier content

finelinebob
11.27.2012 , 04:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mozivicus View Post
If they're gong to make them necessary in soooo many crafted wares (and soon to be needed in new spaceship parts???) , they need to have them drop more often from lower tier content
<<< this!

Just like Battlemaster became the new Champion and War Hero is about to become the new Battlemaster in 1.6, if they're going to play these games they need to make the stuff more accessible.
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

Bleeters
11.27.2012 , 04:27 PM | #6
edit - nevermind.

Theodulus
11.27.2012 , 04:28 PM | #7
Easy way to fix the extreme boss skipping in HM flashpoints would be to have every boss drop a few stabilizers and maybe a matrix.

GalaxyStrong
11.27.2012 , 04:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
Easy way to fix the extreme boss skipping in HM flashpoints would be to have every boss drop a few stabilizers and maybe a matrix.
This^^^^

Bosses on higher lvl HM FP's should drop 1 M. Stabilizer or 1 Matrix Cube(75% of the time, not 100% of the time). This would fix the boss skipping problems and help with gear progression.

2 birds 1 stone, get what I'm saying.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

DarthBloodloss
11.27.2012 , 07:21 PM | #9
Here's the real answer. I have been holding this one back but I'm gonna lay it out since you asked....
(I expect this reply to start some QQ by PvE people when they realize what is about to happen)

You can reverse engineer any PvE OR PvP armoring, mod, or enhancement if they are 26 or 27. This means black hole, as well as war hero gear! You need multiple toons to have the appropriate crafting skills though.

Steps:
On your main toon, spend a few days getting 50-60 black hole comms by doing the daily group finder, and weekly black hole quests.

Buy the cheapest piece of black hole gear. Rip out the armoring, mod, and enhancement. Buy a legacy armor shell and put the mods in it and email it to your other toon who can reverse engineer.
Cybertech - can RE the armoring and mod
Artifice? - can RE the enhancement

This will give you at the minimum, 3 stabilizers and possibly 6 if you're lucky. So in a nutshell, thats the master plan. Sure it takes a bit to set up if you arent there already, but if you are going for a truely uber account, this is the way to go. And you can also do the dailies on the other toons and pump out even more Stabilizers.

-----------------
Broken part: This is the part that I predict will have PvE people having a hissy fit:

In 1.6, war hero pieces cost non-ranked warzone comms. You will be able to buy war hero boots or gloves for like 900 warzone comms. That takes a solid 2-3 hours. But then you just RE the 3 things you pull out, and have 3+ stabs in a few hours of work. Sad part is, the PvP people are better set up to do this than the PvE people are. Hence my opinion on the complaints.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Karasuko
11.28.2012 , 12:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
H
Broken part: This is the part that I predict will have PvE people having a hissy fit:
PVER here, Doesn't matter how much lipstick you put on a pig they're still a pig.
in otherwords doesn't matter how easy these components are to get and turn into 27's bad players still won't be able to handle the content anyways.