Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Ancient Hypergate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Ancient Hypergate
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tarkkonis
11.27.2012 , 03:40 PM | #21
Its Khaines embrace... GG Bioware!

dalevan
11.27.2012 , 03:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by apxriel View Post
This PvP zone does look awesome but when will there be a better reason to PvP then getting armor. Give us a PvP skill tree or something to really set PvP heros apart!
You've got to be kidding...

If anything, PvP rewards should only be cosmetic. Gear progression already gives people too much of an advantage.
Dalevan - Commando Sibella - Vanguard Trystie - Scoundrel
BKSN

Isendal
11.27.2012 , 04:00 PM | #23
Khaine's Wrath? Cannot remember if thats the area or not but same mechanic from Warhammer Online. A handful of people liked it. Blizzard poached their content from good MMO's. Don't poach from dead MMO's.

Beniboybling
11.27.2012 , 04:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
^ Fixed.

They HAVE made a lot of promises without result, but years of it have callused me to the fact. Now, I just write it off as typical EA and move on.

Oh yeah because a new operation, new warzone, and new dailies to grind is totally the new content we were hoping for. How about a new planet or maybe continuation of the player story?

And I'm guessing you don't know EA very well. Their usual practice is release new flashy eye-candy before fixing what they already have, but most of time their "new stuff" just breaks what WAS working or makes what's already broken even worse.
Hey, I understand. I just find it annoying that people seem to complain about everything. From my personal experience (and this is just me) I have encountered no bugs that have hindered by gameplay - in fact I haven't really encountered any at all.

And while you can bash BioWare about making too many promises. So far they have delivered, by the end of this year they have promised, a new warzone, new operation, new daily area, new companion, new planet, and new playable species. So far they have delivered have they not? All they haven't given us that they've promised is a new planet and new playable speices, but no doubt thats in the works. And the year aint up.

Shoogli
11.27.2012 , 04:30 PM | #25
Can't wait to have this new wz hit live server !

I've seen a few videos on YouTube (from PTS) and it indeed looks very promising, plus the exotic Asation/Gree like setting looks really nice.

Thanks !

Quote: Originally Posted by Isendal View Post
Khaine's Wrath? Cannot remember if thats the area or not but same mechanic from Warhammer Online. A handful of people liked it. Blizzard poached their content from good MMO's. Don't poach from dead MMO's.
It was "Khaine's Embrace", and then it didn't have the several twists this new wz will have, with the orbs and such...
And dead or not : many of Warhammer Online battlegrounds were really really nice and fun.

Hopefully SWTOR will have variations of "Tor Anroc" or "Phoenix gates" one day too !!!
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

AshlaBoga
11.27.2012 , 04:57 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder View Post
You're right, the 'grass' is always greener in OPEN WORLD pvp
Well they fixed some of the lag issues with Open World PvP (had 30 people fighting Outlaw's den with zero lag when HK-51 came out). So now all they need to do is bring back mercenary comms
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

steaktrooper
11.27.2012 , 05:55 PM | #27
About time, good job, it sounds fun.
Lembar Romdoro Agenros Cavteff
Sith Covenant / Jedi Covenant @ The Harbinger

hunterraaze
11.27.2012 , 06:07 PM | #28
This looks very impressive. Looking foreword to it. Now just make my merc playable on PvP.
"Well, if people would make it more about me, I wouldn't have to"
~Iryllia

MarkusBiggus
11.27.2012 , 10:30 PM | #29
Looks fully sick, can't wait to give it a go!

Laurreth
11.28.2012 , 07:23 AM | #30
I smell some Khaine's Embrace Sounds fun, I just hope it's not mechanically overloaded with all those elements.

Now we just need a good ol' "just bash your noggins around a central target" like WAR's Caledor Woods