Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Ancient Hypergate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Ancient Hypergate
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Satanski
11.27.2012 , 01:13 PM | #11
If only instanced pvp wasnt that boring.

Beniboybling
11.27.2012 , 01:16 PM | #12
Sound far more complex than the other warzones - but fun! I look forward to playing this warzone and getting to grips with tactics.

apxriel
11.27.2012 , 01:23 PM | #13
This PvP zone does look awesome but when will there be a better reason to PvP then getting armor. Give us a PvP skill tree or something to really set PvP heros apart!

AboB
11.27.2012 , 01:52 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Satanski View Post
If only instanced pvp wasnt that boring.
The grass is always greener on the other side

Aries_cz
11.27.2012 , 02:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Screamenko View Post
What is the location of this warzone? An unnamed Asation moon? I think the planet we can see on the screenshot is Asation due to its swampy nature.
I think we can assume it is any planet/moon once controlled by the Gree, who are sort of "squid-like" and "amphibious-looking". Moon of Asation does not make much sense, because why construct a massive power-hungry device like a hypergate on moon of planet which already has one?

Cosia
11.27.2012 , 02:28 PM | #16
Gameplay reminds me a lot of Khaine's Embrace from WAR. Loved that scenario though
The Red Eclipse
Bewes: Assassin
Legacy 50

snowyv
11.27.2012 , 02:43 PM | #17
any chance we can get a 'choose warzone' option with our queue?

i see a large number of people (myself probably included) who will leave a wz as soon as I realize it's not the new one, just because i'm keen to play out this new WZ...

Nee-Elder
11.27.2012 , 02:45 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
The grass is always greener on the other side
You're right, the 'grass' is always greener in OPEN WORLD pvp

------

This 'warzone' does look cool though...for a warzone.

I wonder if someday this huge 'Sith vs. Jedi' galaxy-wide "war" will ever seem larger than a Vendor on Fleet and a mouse-click queue-button...?
I love(d) Pre-CU, CU, JTL, SWG, EMU, and TOR. Yeah that's right: *all* of them.
TEAMISB

Chiltonium
11.27.2012 , 03:08 PM | #19
AWESOME warzone!

Hope to see some class balance but thats a different topic. This warzone is freakin fun as heck. So much chaos ensues trying to grab the charges then get people the heck outta the mid room XD

Hope to see some bigger warzones soon, maybe a 12v12!
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

Bugattiboy
11.27.2012 , 03:17 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Before they were saying there's not enough new content, too many promises and not enough results. And now that new content is coming out, people are complaining they should fix the bugs first... /facepalm
^ Fixed.

They HAVE made a lot of promises without result, but years of it have callused me to the fact. Now, I just write it off as typical EA and move on.

Oh yeah because a new operation, new warzone, and new dailies to grind is totally the new content we were hoping for. How about a new planet or maybe continuation of the player story?

And I'm guessing you don't know EA very well. Their usual practice is release new flashy eye-candy before fixing what they already have, but most of time their "new stuff" just breaks what WAS working or makes what's already broken even worse.