Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy level 50 deserves recognition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy level 50 deserves recognition

ObiJuanShenobi
11.25.2012 , 02:26 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DelTrigger View Post
Here. Take a voucher for a pat on the back.

You don't deserve anything and it's a gross attitude to expect something for every thing you do.
Legacy 50 is actually a great achievement and deservin of more than your bs pat on the back. It's not like he is requesting a title for every 5 Legacy levels. I find your nose in the air about real achievement disturbing.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

Icestar
11.25.2012 , 03:52 PM | #22

You don't deserve anything and it's a gross attitude to expect something for every thing you do.
Ok you say we do not deserve anything for reaching legacy level 50

Lets break it down a bit and take a few examples:

I have NINE level 50 characters, I have completed all eight classtories, I have traveled through space, seen most of the planets (including the locked zones for story for certain characters). I am not counting the thousands of hours I have spent in warzones, flashpoints, operations and so on. My knowledge of this game is huge and it is rarely when I canīt answer a quiestion I get ingame correctly. Been there, done that and gladly doing it again!

Dont say that a legacy 50 player do not deserve recognition for their work, it is by far the greatest achievement in the game.

orpheus
11.25.2012 , 04:15 PM | #23
If it was simply a title i would be happy...i'm approaching legacy level 48 myself

"the Legacy" title comes to mind...

or "Chief Buffbot" :P

SamuraBob_Fl
11.25.2012 , 04:16 PM | #24
I think "deserving recognition" is the wrong way to put it.

I'd like to put in terms of the RPG genre's staple of character advancement. One of the appeals of RPG's has always been the inclusion of systems where you gain rewards through gameplay. The legacy system is a neat way of tying all characters on an account together in one progression system.

The problem we have now is that the system is essentially meaningless past legacy level 25. Imagine, if you will, that they increased the character level cap to 60, but your character didn't gain any more abilities or stats or any other improvements past 50. The only thing that changed was the number next to your character. That would, I think, be a broken progression system, and that's essentially where the legacy system is right now. Every legacy level gained past 25 is presently useless.

I think even some small bonuses, such as a 1% gain in credits and experience from missions and drops per 10 legacy levels, would be a big improvement.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

Larce_Apollo
11.25.2012 , 04:23 PM | #25
A title and maybe some appearance armor that can be modded for this would be cool, would als need to add in stuff for legacy between 50 and what 25/30ish? nothing there for those levels.

As for the elitist stuff being thrown around.... really?

Larce Apollo - Jedi Knight/Guardian Ω
SWG/Bria Vet - CE Pre-Order - Full Beta Tester
Begeren Colony Server

AshlaBoga
11.25.2012 , 04:51 PM | #26
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times:

"the Legacy Hero."

That's it, that's all I'm asking for.

NOW GIVE IT TO ME!
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

Jandi
11.25.2012 , 05:34 PM | #27

It's wrong to want something from a reward system that was designed to reward people with perks for doing what you want rewards for doing? That's some special kind of stupid you're rolling with there.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

BraaxusKun
11.25.2012 , 05:37 PM | #28
Once you reach legacy 50 a message should come onto the screen and say "go step on the scales"

Jandi
11.25.2012 , 05:43 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by BraaxusKun View Post
Once you reach legacy 50 a message should come onto the screen and say "go step on the scales"
Why would BioWare care about the weight of it's players? I don't get it.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Ratajack
11.25.2012 , 05:44 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Ok you say we do not deserve anything for reaching legacy level 50

Lets break it down a bit and take a few examples:

I have NINE level 50 characters, I have completed all eight classtories, I have traveled through space, seen most of the planets (including the locked zones for story for certain characters). I am not counting the thousands of hours I have spent in warzones, flashpoints, operations and so on. My knowledge of this game is huge and it is rarely when I canīt answer a quiestion I get ingame correctly. Been there, done that and gladly doing it again!

Dont say that a legacy 50 player do not deserve recognition for their work, it is by far the greatest achievement in the game.
Legacy level 50 deserves no more recognition than the use of proper grammar or spelling. Apparently both are equally difficult and rare.