Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

January is coming. is ilum coming?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
January is coming. is ilum coming?

Gerandar
11.24.2012 , 09:17 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post
i prefer ilum
we all loved our broken excuse for a pvp planet thats why it went over so well.....oh wait.

Goretzu
11.25.2012 , 11:11 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Troezar View Post
I would be happy with something on the scale of old school vanilla AV. That used to be fun and is very lacking in swtor, wz's get old fast if you play them most of the time....

I want to see companions usable too in all world pvp, make them more useful and tactical then they are currently.
Early enough in beta they had WZs with that many players (although not that much scope) apparently, but again they were reduced because of engine issues.

Certainly an AV type map would be a decent stand in for proprer RvR.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

ConradLionhart
11.25.2012 , 11:45 AM | #33
Why do you want a 1-year-old zone? Wouldn't you rather have a brand new one?
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28

JadenStar
11.25.2012 , 12:52 PM | #34
you have to think of it this way people, 800 dev's to make this game and put it all together. for Six years....Think back to the time you played on a pvp zone in star wars galaxies, when you had a large amount of players, YES the game ran slow and choppy. When Sony had that live event when a city was blown up live with 2,000 player pvping... I know we distroyed a 10,000.00 server for that live event. Not all the kings men or computer tech's could not put the server back together after it blow.
(█████ Master Beta Tester █████▐ ▓]▤▤▣▤▤[▓▐)

“I find your lack of faith disturbing” – Darth Vader

Zangaboing
11.25.2012 , 01:03 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Sivn View Post
Not unless they have massively upgraded the engine so i can handle move than a handful of players on screen at once.
This was the biggest turnoff for me at launch. The pvp objctives etc. were obviously broken too so people just ended up farming illum once per day then leaving, but this...

LUCASCASADEIS
11.25.2012 , 01:56 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Tic- View Post
Would love to see a link where they said Ilum PvP was overhauled, because i certainly missed that part. I caught the Gabe interview, and he never mentioned that there.
here is the link:
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/swtor-star-tour/

and

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...518840&page=12

Deewe
11.25.2012 , 02:31 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post
January is coming. is ilum coming? i cannot wait for the world pvp again
Until I see them getting nice FPS with the UI (ie getting chat bubbles) I won't hold my breath for more FPS intensive features like world PvP.