Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Subscriber Going Free


annabethchase's Avatar


annabethchase
11.25.2012 , 12:15 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Upright View Post
New quitters or old vets taking a look. Does it matter?

What does matter is that in the 6 months I've been gone nothing has been added to the actual game.
Not sure what you were expecting, but there are new fp's, wz's and ops. You may also have missed group finder and other ease of life improvements. Every category has been addressed every few months, just like any other MMO.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Upright's Avatar


Upright
11.25.2012 , 12:31 PM | #22
I was expecting new reasons to spend my money to go along with the new ways in which TOR asks for my money.

Expectations not met.

annabethchase's Avatar


annabethchase
11.25.2012 , 12:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Upright View Post
I was expecting new reasons to spend my money to go along with the new ways in which TOR asks for my money.

Expectations not met.
what expectation was not met? Unless you are waiting on a new space project, there's been nothing missed so far.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Upright's Avatar


Upright
11.25.2012 , 01:00 PM | #24
Same old OP set up, just different skins.
Same old WZ set up, just changed the number of clickies and the duration they need to be held.

As for FP's... was TOR really lacking in the sub-50 content?

RomanHonos's Avatar


RomanHonos
11.25.2012 , 01:06 PM | #25
They don't like the game enough to pay for it yet they want to play it for free and spend their time in it.

In other words, their time is less valuable than $15/month.

If I hated this game as much as some of these folks and I thought that it wasn't worth the sub, I think it would't not be worth my precious time either and I wouldn't waste any of it hanging around.

Vadarios's Avatar


Vadarios
11.25.2012 , 01:34 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by RomanHonos View Post
They don't like the game enough to pay for it yet they want to play it for free and spend their time in it.

In other words, their time is less valuable than $15/month.

If I hated this game as much as some of these folks and I thought that it wasn't worth the sub, I think it would't not be worth my precious time either and I wouldn't waste any of it hanging around.
For free we get the best content the game offers. The sub 50 content is bar none leaps and bounds above any other MMO out there. That's why the end game is such a let down. It's just nowhere near as fun. So when I say it's not worth it to spend the $15 a month it's because the game lacks in areas that would make me want to spend the $15.
The more credits I see, the less questions I ask.
The less questions I ask, the faster I fly.
The faster I fly, the less I can drink.
The less I drink, the happier you'll be.

Gavin_Kelvar's Avatar


Gavin_Kelvar
11.25.2012 , 02:14 PM | #27
Question: if one lets their sub lapse because of work/school/whatever makes a subscription not cost efficient and instead decides to use their complimentary CC + any CC they choose to purchase to unlock stuff what happens to those unlocks if you resub? In essence if you resub does knowledge of those purchases get wiped or will those purchased unlocks be reactivated if you unsub again?

RomanHonos's Avatar


RomanHonos
11.25.2012 , 02:51 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Vadarios View Post
For free we get the best content the game offers. The sub 50 content is bar none leaps and bounds above any other MMO out there. That's why the end game is such a let down. It's just nowhere near as fun. So when I say it's not worth it to spend the $15 a month it's because the game lacks in areas that would make me want to spend the $15.
I understand that and I have seen many commenting on endgame content. I cannot commeng on the subject because my highest level toon is 27. I am in no rush to get to 50 partly because of those concerns.

Also I will add despite the possible discredit this will bring to me that TOR is my first MMO. I agree the game could use improvements but I am loving it. Probably because I do not have another game to compare it too or that I didn't have expectations to begin with.

My question to you and those in the same boat is do you still spend your time, even though your endgame experience is not meeting your expectations?

I just find ironic that some folks want to spend their time but not their money. As if their time willing to be spent in game, in some cases substantial, is not worth $0.50/day.

RomanHonos's Avatar


RomanHonos
11.25.2012 , 02:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Gavin_Kelvar View Post
Question: if one lets their sub lapse because of work/school/whatever makes a subscription not cost efficient and instead decides to use their complimentary CC + any CC they choose to purchase to unlock stuff what happens to those unlocks if you resub? In essence if you resub does knowledge of those purchases get wiped or will those purchased unlocks be reactivated if you unsub again?
Very good question. I cannot say for sure but I would guess they remain even on subsequent periods unsubbed (they should IMO). Meaning the codes attached to those unlocked features stay on your record.