Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OMG BW, really with the server pops? REALLY?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
OMG BW, really with the server pops? REALLY?!

Wraiven
11.25.2012 , 01:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
you do remember the last week of December on this forum, don't you?
Heh, actually you lost me. I'm sick with a chest bug and not feeling too hot...nor am I thinking quickly here. Mind explaining it to me?
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Skyrison
11.25.2012 , 01:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
One extreme to the next makes nobody happy. This obviously is not happening to you or you would not be here acting like you have some kind of moral high ground here.

There is a happy medium that could have been placed in preparation for F2P. Instead it went from one extreme (nobody on your server) to the next extreme (way too many).
Hmm..I suppose. How about this

How about they increase the cap on the mega servers again? Would that be good?
Legacy of the Eternal

Wraiven
11.25.2012 , 01:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyrison View Post
Hmm..I suppose. How about this

How about they increase the cap on the mega servers again? Would that be good?
They will most likely have to do that. I know with STO, they created separate servers for the F2P players, but that would be a bit too hard to implement since what's been done is already done. I believe the only other option they have at this point is to further increase the stability of their servers (due to people noticing ability delay in the power trays...which is an indication of server overload) and increase the max server load.
-FIGHT-

Skyrison
11.25.2012 , 01:35 PM | #14
They will most likely have to do that. I know with STO, they created separate servers for the F2P players, but that would be a bit too hard to implement since what's been done is already done. I believe the only other option they have at this point is to further increase the stability of their servers (due to people noticing ability delay in the power trays...which is an indication of server overload) and increase the max server load.
I vote for raising the cap on the mega servers so they are enormous. Probably something they are going to consider if the game keeps growing with f2p
Legacy of the Eternal

mothear
11.25.2012 , 01:40 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyrison View Post
I vote for raising the cap on the mega servers so they are enormous. Probably something they are going to consider if the game keeps growing with f2p
Then all the haters can come on and say TOR is dying because mid week all the servers (outside asia) are standard

amnie
11.25.2012 , 01:42 PM | #16
Heh, actually you lost me. I'm sick with a chest bug and not feeling too hot...nor am I thinking quickly here. Mind explaining it to me?
in december people wanted more server

Wraiven
11.25.2012 , 01:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
in december people wanted more server
I remember when the game was first released, there were so many people playing it, it could have used more servers. Every single last server was full, and we had more servers than I cared to count already. But that was before the mass exodus.

Nah, I don't think we need more servers, I think the servers we currently have just needs more tweaks.
-FIGHT-

Wraiven
11.25.2012 , 01:47 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
Then all the haters can come on and say TOR is dying because mid week all the servers (outside asia) are standard
In that case, even I would have to admit that people will complain about *anything!* heh.
-FIGHT-

RobbyBlazeheart
11.25.2012 , 02:22 PM | #19
One extreme to the next makes nobody happy. This obviously is not happening to you or you would not be here acting like you have some kind of moral high ground here.

There is a happy medium that could have been placed in preparation for F2P. Instead it went from one extreme (nobody on your server) to the next extreme (way too many).
No I agree with the person you quoted people raged HARD that the game was dying now that the game has a decent pop people are raging and * Gasp!* whoever said they can't open up more servers oh wait people will complain about that to do you see the pattern here?

Abominant
11.25.2012 , 02:26 PM | #20
Why should they open up more servers when we all know the populations will start to drop off again in the coming weeks?

Just wait it out a little longer. The remaining 2 servers in this game will be back to 24/7 Light/Standard population soon enough and then you can make another post whining about how long the queue times are.