Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Burqas and bikinis

pakchooieunf
11.24.2012 , 09:13 AM | #1
TL:DR - The armor options, especially for Light Armor, are in desperate need of stylistic variety. Currently, my options for appearance are robes, gowns, and metal bikinis. There has to be a middle ground.

After coming back to this game from a lengthy hiatus, I find myself more suprised by the things that have not changed, rather than those which have. Among the growing list of things that I imagined would have been addressed by now, gear appearance for my Light Armor-wearing Consular has become a sticking point.

Essentially, this character is resigned to wearing ether big heavy robes, gowns, or metal bikinis. There is nothing in between. I started a new Jedi Knight who came across a piece of Medium or Heavy armor that was sleeveless and with a bare midriff. It looked rather sporty, and I thought surely there must be something like that for Light Armor, right?

Well to my surprise, there is nothing to be found - which is exactly the same state I left this game in so many months ago. Bioware, do you need someone to do textures? Seriously, I 'll do it. I'll do it for free. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. We don't have to be either covered from head to foot in drapery, or wearing nothing but metal wire pasted on our naughty bits. Lets put an end to the reign of burqas and bikinis. Let's have some variety. Let's do something wild and crazy like...short sleeves and bare tummies.

althene
11.24.2012 , 09:40 AM | #2
You might want to look around more on the various planets next time. There are actually quite a number of options for light armor at the social vendors spread throughout the game. Sure, some are gender specific, but they're also adaptive armor now, meaning they scale to the best armor that you or you companion can wear based on who's wearing it at the time. Furthermore, while some of these social armory require a rather substantial investment in grouping to build those social points, cartel pieces are adaptive as well, and you can find those on the GTN or buy them using your CC at any time. The fact that everyone is running around in slave girl outfits has more to do with the teen male fantasy phuck than the actual amount of available gear in the game.

pakchooieunf
11.24.2012 , 12:17 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by althene View Post
You might want to look around more on the various planets next time. There are actually quite a number of options for light armor at the social vendors spread throughout the game.
Thanks for the suggestion - however, the social gear and cartel pieces have the same problem. If it's not a robe/gown, it's long pants and long sleeves (and bonnets, lolwut).

To be more specific about what I'm looking for: you know what the light armor pieces look like for female Imperial Inquisitors? The sleeveless tops? The same ones that miraculously turn into square-yards of drapery when worn by a Republic character?

Unless I'm mistaken (and please let me know if I am), there is nothing in the game that comes close to that for Light Armor. "Tusken raider", "pilot", and "gang member" aren't quite what I'm looking for.

I'm hoping with the Cartel store, the devs might finally have some incentive to making a variety of clothing available. I know people were complaining about Consular gear when I left the game, maybe now that people can pay directly for this stuff, Bioware will pick up the ball. As of right now, I'm looking at the Equipment section of the cartel and it's all full body armor, full body robes, and long sleeves/pants.

althene
11.24.2012 , 12:35 PM | #4
Well, for female characters (of which all of my sages/sorcerers have been), the elegant gown is available on Corescant for a pittance if you're social 2 or higher. You might look to Voss (at least for the Empire) for another rather elegant set of gear, as well. Unfortunately, I'm not much help when it comes to male light armor sets and, in this regard, I do have to concede to your point. The things I've seen for sages and sorcerers tend to be towards the "tuxedo" or "fancy suit" styles and that's kinda lame sometimes. I'm sure there are male social armors out there that I haven't seen, but I couldn't tell you where. I will say, however, that I've had my eye on the civilian pilot set for my "rogue/gambler" themed minions since it's relatively nice looking and has every visible slot but bracers (and arguably the head slot since it looks pretty goofy) covered. It's available from the space comms vendor at about 30 to 60 comms per piece. I believe a level 50 character doing all the daily space missions earns 100 comms, so you can get one item per day that way. So if you want that "space rogue" look for your character, there's that option, too.

Edit: I missed the part about you not wanting the pilot set (saw Tuskan raider and ganger tho). So you can ignore the last few lines in my post here. I'm not sure what faction you're on, but the GTN is hardly representative of the gear in the game and it's very hit or miss when it is. I'd recommend hitting up a data mining site like Darth hater and seeing what's in the game. It may not be actually available (at least not at this time), but it'll show you at least what's modeled in the game. Aside from data sites, maybe hit up a synth weaver and see what they have. It may not be modable, but it might be what your looking for.

seven_deadlies
11.24.2012 , 04:29 PM | #5
Right off the top of my head, I can think of...

Wedding dress
fancy gowns, plural
hooded Jedi robes
Sand People
Fighter pilot

Oh, and now with Cartel crap, you can wear any of the Adaptive stuff.

Trooper armor
Smuggler metrosexual furry collared coats
Imperial officer uniform

Now, that's not to say there isn't an abundance of scantily clad women running around.

Security key slave outfit
Nar Shaddaa slave outfit
Cartel Loungewear
Covert energy whatever (they wasted time to code "same as not wearing a top"!?!?)

OathboundCoH
11.24.2012 , 11:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by seven_deadlies View Post
Covert energy whatever (they wasted time to code "same as not wearing a top"!?!?)
Hey now... that wasted coding time is pretty much the only sexy/barechested/skimped armor Males get... Otherwise we're stuck covered head to toe no matter what we do.

(For what it's worth, I agree that there really needs to be greater variety in armor styles. For both genders.)

RazielHex
11.25.2012 , 01:36 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by pakchooieunf View Post
As of right now, I'm looking at the Equipment section of the cartel and it's all full body armor, full body robes, and long sleeves/pants.
Yeah, y'know.. armor

Kilikaa
11.25.2012 , 01:44 AM | #8
More armor will come to the cartel shop. For now take a look at the Investigator's armor set. the top is sleeveless with bare midriff and a hood. If you are a Twi'lek the hood will be down.

DarthZak
11.25.2012 , 04:53 AM | #9
BH/Campaign pants for Sorcs are also actual pants as are the WH pieces
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi