Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Going Free

Coldin
11.25.2012 , 01:49 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Or if you enjoy the game, just sub? Definitely worth the 15 a month imo.
Debatable. A bunch of people before F2P switched over certainly didn't feel the game was worth a sub.

Personally, I think it's worth a sub, or a good flat fee for quests, levels 1-49. Once one gets to end game though, there's just not as much to do. Experiencing all the other class stories might be fun, but you'd also have to go through all the planet stories as well, which are really only good one time around. Operations get dull after a while. PvP warzones can be interesting, but any fresh level 50 is going to get owned their first few dozen matches.

If there was more end-game content that just wasn't a bunch of dailies, maybe it would be better. But if had gotten those quests, then maybe not so many subscribers would have left.

OstrawaO
11.25.2012 , 02:06 AM | #12
I could do PVP alone - it is so good, but its ok with little extra FP or OPs
Nothing better than to play against real people, always different, always adrenalin pumping
(Best pvp after Unreal Tournament for me)
Regards

EnufThree
11.25.2012 , 02:26 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Temad View Post
Better to just quit. With the bugged items from the shop and the lack of any customer service support for F2P or the cash shop (their only answer is...sorry your item was bugged but you aren't getting anything) F2P will be total hell.
lmao what? The bugs aren't nearly bad enough to rage quit.
I suppose getting a lyrium tattoo of breasts on my chest would make things better...

http://ricochetmatt.deviantart.com/

Sindorin
11.25.2012 , 02:37 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EnufThree View Post
lmao what? The bugs aren't nearly bad enough to rage quit.
I've already gotten stuff from the cartel market, and just because I didn't win the lottery and get a meditation throne, I don't call it a bug. it's just bad luck.
< White Rose >
For The Republic!
Oya, Surtr! Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum!

Panthian
11.25.2012 , 02:52 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Or if you enjoy the game, just sub? Definitely worth the 15 a month imo.
I agree, when I get bored with the game Ill take a break from it and when I get the call again I resub, its that simple.
I have z e r o problems paying for something I enjoy and I have better things to do then rage over a game when I get bored with it.

StarWarsWoox
11.25.2012 , 03:23 AM | #16
i was out of the game for about 5 months the only thing that happened is a few of my characters names had to be changed, no worries
-(Austin) Woox (50 marauder) @ the Harbinger -

Cretinus
11.25.2012 , 03:28 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by -Me- View Post
I went from sub to free...

... Free isn't quite working out for me as i refuse to pay extra for aspects in the game so trivial as those to charge for, especially when I have yet to see any other game restrict such things.
Extra? You refuse to pay "extra"?! Extra to what, if you're F2P? You're not paying for anything.
nerf operatives

JimG
11.25.2012 , 12:05 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by GalvinL View Post
I was looking for an answer to this and couldn't find anything but heres my problem: I am currently a subscriber and my subscription is gonna end in a couple days and I was wondering, what happens to my 9 characters? Do they get deleted? Do they get moved to another server? And what of their high level gear?
Here's a link to the F2P FAQ and it has answers to your questions. For some odd reason, they don't have this link on most of their F2P pages and it's pretty hard to track down now: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449

annabethchase
11.25.2012 , 12:07 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
wait why didn't you just use the cartel coins you got as a subscriber to unlock the things you thought were trivial?
I don't believe most of these guys "quitting" were recent subscribers. I've seen nothing but a massive influx in game.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Upright
11.25.2012 , 12:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
I don't believe most of these guys "quitting" were recent subscribers. I've seen nothing but a massive influx in game.
New quitters or old vets taking a look. Does it matter?

What does matter is that in the 6 months I've been gone nothing has been added to the actual game.