Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speeder Piloting III refund refused.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Speeder Piloting III refund refused.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KorbinArmand
11.23.2012 , 07:07 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Ognajd View Post
I only became aware of the issue through the forums and ultimately the launcher. Both of my alts were level one, parked indefinitely while I stayed on the main. If they're giving refunds, I doubt they decided, "based on individual basis," as my purchase was on the 16th. Rather they are associating ticket times with purchase times.

I'm not going to bother with another ticket. I'll see if I can get a charge back through my credit card company. I think between a screenshot of the launcher, their "no refund for our mistake" reply email, and politely laying out the vocabulary of this for the layperson who has never played the game, I'm hopeful I can get a refund.

I am very fortunate (relatively) this issue arose near the end of my one month sub.
CC company will not grant you the chargeback as purchased item was given to you (the coins themselves). Also be aware that chargeback a expense after services are recieved proper is Fraud by law of land and such you can be pursued by EAware for this.

If you've read here that many others HAVE recieved refund you'll notice that we all stated we purchased and stated we purchased before 17th announcment in the ticket. Next that we were polite about it, nothing like biting the helping hand to get you kicked in the teeth by foot attached to said hand.

Open another Ticket with NO mention of prior. State you purchased the item before announcement on 17th and would request a refund as you've seen from forums this is being done. Note to them that you are requesting the refund as you purchased item for Legacy wide property and as that was not what item was for due to text error on tooltip that said purchase isnt what you wanted then and wouldnt have purchased it to begin with.

I understand your fustration but being childish and throwing tantrum wont help you get those coins back. Suck it up, be polite and ask again with all right info. SHOULD then you get a 'screw you' open another stating WHO gave you the screw you and would like to have it escalated above said persons departement as now you feel unjustly treated as many have gotten refund for same cause as you but you are being discriminated upon for unknown reasons. Do not make threats in that ticket just request.

Should all that fail...phone...yea that LONG process and talk someone of authority and explain situation, again be polite they are humans too, you'll reach someone of brains that will return to you said coins.

Yes its long process but hey thats life, only other route is a Lawyer and thousands of dollars for value of less than $5.
May the Fourth Be With You

Caminari
11.24.2012 , 10:25 AM | #52
Day 4, 20 days left of subscription.
Still no satisfactory response or refund.
"Relativity applies to physics, not ethics."~Albert Einstein
╬╬╬╬╬|██████████████████████████████)

Caminari
11.24.2012 , 10:55 AM | #53
Scratch that; apology for the previous confusion and refund received.
Thanks CS droids for sticking with it.

Slurmez
11.24.2012 , 12:17 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

We are evaluating these cases on an individual basis and ask for your patience until your current ticket is attended to. Tickets submitted regarding this specific issue will have the refund request denied if the ticket was submitted after the corrected information was made available via forums and the launcher.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
Yeah, so reading the forums is now mandatory?

KorbinArmand
11.24.2012 , 04:38 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
Yeah, so reading the forums is now mandatory?
Forums are an Official media for posting/displaying/announcing important information for all users. So as such legally by them Posting clearly here (ie sticky Admin made thread) then they have officially notified all users as group, thus disolving them from fault for further damage, mistakes or as such in any matter.

Now reasonable time must be given after forum thread is made, hence why its normally 24hrs after that then you as consumer are not keeping yourself informed.

Taeon
11.24.2012 , 05:17 PM | #56
This is kinda bad. Logic states all who bought a mislabeled product get a refund. Usually those products are what we in the business call "RECALLED."

Bioware. You will be sued over this. Do you really want to go down that road because you are being stubborn and not doing the right thing?

Auto refund everyone affected and stop being idiots.

Oh and this has been forwarded to video game news outlets.

Nothematic
11.24.2012 , 05:38 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Taeon View Post
This is kinda bad. Logic states all who bought a mislabeled product get a refund. Usually those products are what we in the business call "RECALLED."

Bioware. You will be sued over this. Do you really want to go down that road because you are being stubborn and not doing the right thing?

Auto refund everyone affected and stop being idiots.

Oh and this has been forwarded to video game news outlets.
Sued over a couple of pounds? Have fun paying legal fees.

Golconda
11.24.2012 , 05:43 PM | #58
Wow, I submitted mine as soon as I discovered that it didn't work and the next day they announced it. I had a very courteous CS droid contact me to deal with this. I was very pleased by the whole matter. They even let me keep the purchase even though it does me no good. People are really getting up in arms for what amount to about 2 dollars. I admit that I would have been upset if I hadn't gotten my coins back but it was not the end of the world I suppose.
"All of us are in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
- Oscar Wilde
Rough Trade Gaming Community

Caminari
11.24.2012 , 09:35 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Golconda View Post
Wow, I submitted mine as soon as I discovered that it didn't work and the next day they announced it. I had a very courteous CS droid contact me to deal with this. I was very pleased by the whole matter. They even let me keep the purchase even though it does me no good. People are really getting up in arms for what amount to about 2 dollars. I admit that I would have been upset if I hadn't gotten my coins back but it was not the end of the world I suppose.
I was annoyed more at the principle of the matter than the value, to be honest.
But they came through for me in the end. I'm sure they will for everyone else too, eventually.

KorbinArmand
11.24.2012 , 09:56 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruskaeth View Post
I will try to make this very, very, ultimately clear to you:

BW refused refunding (real money worth) cartel coins to people who had bought the account wide perk before BW fixed the labelling issue or put the message on launcher. BW chose to deny the request because these individuals had not written a ticket prior to the announcement from BW. The problem with this method is following: Cartel Coin is "real money" in a way and principle of good customer service would suggest that responsibility to refund a customer based on complain time should be in effect, nevermind the TOS.

Think about it for a moment: It's logical that some people wait to hear if it's a bug or not before writing a request ticket for refund. It could have been a bug and something BW would fix and there would be no need for writing a refund request. However, the moment BW acknowledged the problem, they also revoked your right to be refunded even in the case of buying the perk prior to announcement.

If this really is the case, it makes me wonder who's pulling the strings of decision on these issues? Personally, I didn't buy the unlock. I am discussing this issue because I see it as an injustice. Gaming currency traded in with real money just makes this issue more complicated and would suggest people in this thread consider BW's decision to be questionable at best.

Yours, Ruswyn/Mrachan
Now Allow me to make this clear to you.... YOURE WRONG!!!

I made my ticket on evening of 19th after purchasing the item on 17th. The annoucement was made on the 18th..on the 20th I received my REFUND.

11/17/2012 Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting II -225
11/20/2012 Customer Service Grant 225

Ive found the level of attitude you give in a ticket as well as how polite you are to a customer service personal that is not responsiable for this mistake is directly related to how successful of a responce you get. Never speak to someone youre requesting assistance from like they are lower or like they've wronged you, cuz really they will at that point.