Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mobile Security Key (Android)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Mobile Security Key (Android)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hachirowan
11.23.2012 , 09:52 AM | #1
So,

I had a mobile security key setup on my account roughly 6 months ago. Shortly after setting up the key I had to reset my phone to factory settings and had the key removed from my SWTOR account.

When I was trying to setup the new key just last week (11-14-12), I would first navigate to the SWTOR site and login. I chose "setup a new mobile security key" and was given a Serial Number and Activation Code to enter into the app on my phone. I recieved a Security Code From the app to enter into the SWTOR website (the last step in activating the app), but after I enter in the Security Code, the website gives me the error message "Sorry, we couldn't find your code. Try again?" I was using google chrome...I re-installed the app, but this time I used Internet Explorer 9, but again the SWTOR site cannot find the security code I enter in while setting up my New Mobile Security Key.

I called SWTOR and the customer service agent reviewed my account and said there are No active Security Keys tied to my account. He then had me try re-installing the app and advised that I clear the cache, cookies and hstory in Internet explorer and try once more. Again, I was not able to successfully enable my mobile security key. The call agent then recommended that I wait 24 hours and try again, and that I Should receive a Different Activation Code and Serial Number from the website to enter into the app on my phone. This is simply not true, I have used three different browers and a week later the serial number and activation code are the same as they were last week. I am Not able to setup a new Mobile Security Key.

The app works fine, but the SWTOR website will not recognize any codes it gives during the initial setup process...
I had submitted a ticket through the SWTOR website last week and have not heard back. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Imperial Ground Forces

Hachirowan
11.23.2012 , 11:40 AM | #2
Imperial Ground Forces

Hachirowan
11.24.2012 , 09:41 AM | #3
Bump
Imperial Ground Forces

Beruthien
11.24.2012 , 09:44 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Hachirowan,

As this is an account relate issue we would ask that you contact our phone support as unfortunately we are unable to resolve this issue over the forums.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Hachirowan
11.24.2012 , 09:50 AM | #5
Hello and thank you for your response.

I can call them back, but they were not at all helpful the first time. I was told to just wait 24 hours and it should work just fine.
Imperial Ground Forces

JettZor
03.02.2013 , 04:32 AM | #6
Same issue. Had a security key, back when it couldn't be readded, and had it removed, now trying to readd, because now it's supposed to be possible, but nada. Just "couldn't find your code" over and over and over again.