Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, why is refunding Cartel Points for something you wrote mistakenly hard to do?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
So, why is refunding Cartel Points for something you wrote mistakenly hard to do?

Zhaker
11.23.2012 , 09:41 PM | #1
Ok so, I got a guildie who bought the speeder 1,2,3 packs before YOU GUYS even mentioned about how its not for All Characters on your Account.

Yes he used it, but the description you wrote sort of said to unlock on all characters on the server. If it wasnt mentioned then this would be justified but if the description is incorrect, and you acknowledge after our guildie purchased it then he should be given a full refund.

So can you tell me why a refund isnt possible?

EDIT: Ok so update here, because its "free" cartel coins which is well not true since he is a subscriber? He cant get a refund?

Are you kidding me where is the logic in that? He paid money to play per month and we get cartel points for paying per month or more, and you want to say its free?

Elemynt
11.23.2012 , 10:03 PM | #2
Agreed. Bioware is essentially taking our guildies money and then telling him that. "Hey we're sorry that our screw up made you screw up but we don't care so more money pls kthxbye." Great customer service there guys. Way to show you care about your subscribers. Not likely to be continuing to support this game if that's how you treat us when something happens that's your fault to begin with.

BigV
11.23.2012 , 10:03 PM | #3
This is a problem for us since we are a small raiding guild losing even one member makes it tough to replace( We have tried many times before with no success at finding pug replacements). The only reason why said guildie bought this was for his alts and nothing else. Why would a person who has been lvl50 since first month of release buy and use all 3 speeder trainings for his lvl50.

The only responses he gets is that you acknowledge that you made a mistake and that he bought said items because of your mistake but he is unable to get a refund for the cartel coins because the coins that he received he didn't purchase, which really he did through his continued subscription since release.

Please resolve this as it could mean the dissolution of our guild and thus our subs

~V

Caminari
11.23.2012 , 10:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BigV View Post
he is unable to get a refund for the cartel coins because the coins that he received he didn't purchase
That's a new one, the rest of us with this issue are just getting the 'we don't refund for mistaken purchases, even when it's our fault' line.
"Relativity applies to physics, not ethics."~Albert Einstein
╬╬╬╬╬|██████████████████████████████)

Malaka_Blue
11.24.2012 , 12:54 AM | #5
That's absolute bull*****. I am visually impaired and have an extremely hard time reading the text in the game and got two nebula pistols. I went to put them on my gunslinger so i could have matching weapons. It wasn't for a while that realized it was main hand only, which I couldn't read. CS refused to even just 'un-'bind' the items. I didn't want a refund, I just wanted to be able to do something with them.

They either need to un-bind my items or make them main hand/off-hand. I am really close to unsubscribing, not just because of this but for a lot of things. Their refusal to help me out was the last straw though.
Shadow Tank Extraordinaire | The Malakai Legacy | Jedi Covenant
"Team #Poundsign" - eXile | Warrior of No Name Guild
REGULATORS | Stuff JMD Says
My Twitch.tv Channel

mjwalsh
11.24.2012 , 12:58 AM | #6
I've lost 120$ due to failure to process the transactions properly on the site and have been refused refunds. The cartel market doesn't even work right now. This is really a joke, and haven't even heard anything from Bioware.
W A L S H | T H E B A S T I O N
E T E R N A L D O M I N I O N
Swtor Guild

SithLady
11.24.2012 , 01:17 AM | #7
no, bioware and EA are REALLY dropping th eball. plus all the server disconnects AND this CSR M0-T0. I smell a class action lawsuit brewing here. that's unfortunate. I am lead of a guild with 109 members. I have canceled my sub because of this outrage. I tlaked to my guildies and I KNOW at least one other has cancelled HER subscribtion. (yes, girls play too). My wife is canceling her sub as well. There's 4 people u have lost due to your screw up BW. how many more before u get a clue? You are SLOWLY doing to this game what SOE did to SWG. I truely hope u guys get a resolution.
Wrathan - TRM Guild Leader / Sorcerer / Bloodlocke / Scarlett'umbra

Quote:
Actually i'm pretty sure that Sunday is the designated "Crash Harbinger Day" for EAware - iSolarPanda

Stansman
11.24.2012 , 01:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Malaka_Blue View Post
That's absolute bull*****. I am visually impaired and have an extremely hard time reading the text in the game and got two nebula pistols. I went to put them on my gunslinger so i could have matching weapons. It wasn't for a while that realized it was main hand only, which I couldn't read. CS refused to even just 'un-'bind' the items. I didn't want a refund, I just wanted to be able to do something with them.

They either need to un-bind my items or make them main hand/off-hand. I am really close to unsubscribing, not just because of this but for a lot of things. There refusal to help me out was the last straw though.
I had a similiar situation with a Mask of Nihilus that I accidently bound, I didnt want a refund either just a chance to use the mask where I wanted it, I was told no.. they are making it very hard to remain a loyal customer.

SithLady
11.24.2012 , 01:59 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Stansman View Post
I had a similiar situation with a Mask of Nihilus that I accidently bound, I didnt want a refund either just a chance to use the mask where I wanted it, I was told no.. they are making it very hard to remain a loyal customer.
I had 3 items BIND to me after opening them from a crimeloard cartel box after PREVEIWING them. Not, equiping them. PREVIEW WINDOW check ONLY. found out I was bugged due to some other issues I had and relogged. A Magenta crystal I was saving for my Jugg to hit 50 with was suddenly bound to me, as well a Spymasters Chest and gloves. No responses to my tickets abot it that make any sense at all.
Wrathan - TRM Guild Leader / Sorcerer / Bloodlocke / Scarlett'umbra

Quote:
Actually i'm pretty sure that Sunday is the designated "Crash Harbinger Day" for EAware - iSolarPanda

Stansman
11.24.2012 , 02:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SithLady View Post
I had 3 items BIND to me after opening them from a crimeloard cartel box after PREVEIWING them. Not, equiping them. PREVIEW WINDOW check ONLY. found out I was bugged due to some other issues I had and relogged. A Magenta crystal I was saving for my Jugg to hit 50 with was suddenly bound to me, as well a Spymasters Chest and gloves. No responses to my tickets abot it that make any sense at all.
My response was along the lines of they cant unbind the item because its bound...it would have been a little funny if it didn't mean that I'll never really enjoy an item that I likely wont ever get again.