Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inc Nerf

Calogerus
11.23.2012 , 10:33 PM | #1

SoonerJBD
11.24.2012 , 01:13 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Calogerus View Post
Meanwhile, Marauders and Juggs will get another buff to their derp-smash build, I'm sure. They aren't one-shotting entire groups yet.

verfallen
11.24.2012 , 02:10 AM | #3
I doubt its "exit bubble" tough. Possibly changes to the stun on bubble break, but bubble is too part of the group utility and its the sole emergency heal for the sorc. Never mind a must for AoE phases or
Unavoidable damage in pve ops.

So ya, I'd say you are jumping the gun here.

Cindikle
11.24.2012 , 03:51 PM | #4
I'd say add a buff on the target that makes them immune to another bubble for a while. Much better than anything balancing resolve can do for it.

AdmiralParmesan
11.24.2012 , 04:53 PM | #5
The bubbles stun thread is so depressing. Tons of other players saying thing like "sorcs should be allowed to havea bubble" to comments like "bubble stun should full resolve you" . Honestly its disheartening that most players would rather it be nerfed back to nothing then try to find a balanced fix.

Nothematic
11.24.2012 , 04:58 PM | #6
I don't get why people even bothering to plea about sorcs/sages. We get completely ignored and then the one time they listen they go back on their word one patch later.

If you nerf the bubble and then don't compensate us with a buff somewhere else, BioWare, you're gonna have a LOT of angry customers. It's difficult for us to survive as it is - removing one of our few tools is an absurd idea.

MidichIorian
11.24.2012 , 07:03 PM | #7
What people don't get is that for every stun bubble we throw on a team mate we're reducing the risk that a mara/sent on the other team leaps to us. That's how it was pre-1.4, a mara/sent would just run through the frontline in search of a sorc/sage in the back to jump. Other classes thought it was great that we acted decoy and kept the warriors/knights away from objectives but how fun is it to be chased in every game?

Since 1.4 I've had a much smoother experience, even in games against people who hit like trucks,because they won't get to me as often. There's no point in being a ranged class if people are going to rush us and that's what the bubble is preventing.

Brittaany_Banks
11.24.2012 , 07:14 PM | #8
What I took from that BW post was that they were looking at changing the resolve value of the bubble pop not the damage absorbtion.

But go ahead and keep posting doomsday rhetoric.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

LarryRow
11.24.2012 , 07:29 PM | #9
Sorry guys but your bubble is broken. It's not giving proper resolve for a hard stun and people can manually trigger it even when stunned. Whether fixing these is a "nerf" is being debated in said thread. It certainly decreases your utility, but the sage on the other team bubbling his dps buddies is arguably more of a problem for you.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

MidichIorian
11.24.2012 , 07:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Sorry guys but your bubble is broken. It's not giving proper resolve for a hard stun and people can manually trigger it even when stunned. Whether fixing these is a "nerf" is being debated in said thread. It certainly decreases your utility, but the sage on the other team bubbling his dps buddies is arguably more of a problem for you.
It would obviously be a nerf since no one would want a bubble stunning sorc that filled resolve bars. The nice thing about the bubbles right now is that you can bubble someone several times before resolve has been filled up. That gives room for accidental pops. The only bug right now, IMO, is that you can manually pop it, that's something that should be fixed.

As for the other team having a bubble sorc/sage too, that's happening all the time and I still consider it to be a better enviroment than pre-1.4. Simply because my bubbled team mates are keeping theirs away from me. I'm more or less never stunned since I'm not standing in the middle of the zerg.