Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Feyl
11.23.2012 , 05:03 PM | #141
[list=1][*]Name of server. Harbinger[*]Name of character(s) All[*]Frequency of crashing – once every hour or so[*]Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. usually loading a screen, dialog, going into a WZ or just loaded a new toon.[*]Your DXDiag in spoiler tags [spoiler][B]DxDiag's are designed to give an overview of your system's configuration, this will enable us to analyze your computer.
[SPOILER][/Description
The program swtor.exe version 1.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 1650
Start Time: 01cdc61b7762cd63
Termination Time: 5616
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe
Report Id:
]

In an effort to keep your data organized and easy to read, please respond to the questions above in the same format!
Thanks.[/color][/QUOTE]

SJMcDaniel
11.23.2012 , 08:18 PM | #142
Was going to take the trouble to post computer info on this issue, but 15 pages of reports for last month and no fix....doubt my information will shed light on the problem if you have not found it by now. Sad to see this issues was on the second page of forums and not at the top since it really makes playing game hard and frustrating.

Harbinger
happens with all characters on different worlds. Never noticed any single activity that causes it, graphics/loading screen will just freeze and then out to desktop. Can play for several hours without it happening and other times happens after only 30 minutes of playing.

psikofunkster
11.23.2012 , 08:43 PM | #143
I was doing a FP HM the other day almost at the end 3 of us crash to desktop at the same time, for me now it is clearly a Server issue.

Vaspar
11.23.2012 , 08:46 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by SJMcDaniel View Post
Was going to take the trouble to post computer info on this issue, but 15 pages of reports for last month and no fix....doubt my information will shed light on the problem if you have not found it by now. Sad to see this issues was on the second page of forums and not at the top since it really makes playing game hard and frustrating.

Harbinger
happens with all characters on different worlds. Never noticed any single activity that causes it, graphics/loading screen will just freeze and then out to desktop. Can play for several hours without it happening and other times happens after only 30 minutes of playing.
Do you notice it happens faster between crashes when you are switching characters a lot or switching between zones/areas a lot (such as doing chain warzones etc). Just curious.

Darth_Riven
11.23.2012 , 09:26 PM | #145
Server-Harbinger
Character-Urteesei
every couple of hours it crashes and I get an error every time i launch the game and always have to log in a second time.
Doesn't seem like there is any pattern to what I am doing. Seems like it happens if I am in an area with a lot of other people on and it can't keep up.
Spoiler

Jedismack
11.23.2012 , 10:01 PM | #146
Server: Harbringer
Characters: Nazghuul, Nachzehrer, Mali'Kai mainly
Frequency: alot. maybe 10 times a day. worse since 1.5 came out. started when 1.4 came out
Info: does not matter where I am, warzones, going after HK-47 I crashed to DT once every planet I went to to search for HK parts. 2 types of crashes.. Launcher crash and a CTD from game
DXDIAG: I actually have 4 gigs RAM
Spoiler

This crash type started at 1.5. Launcher crash
Spoiler

This is the last game crash. Not played in 2 days partiallly due to Thanksgiving
Spoiler

framdor
11.23.2012 , 11:01 PM | #147
1. Prophecy of Five
2. All
3. Everytime I play for extended periods - 1.5-2 hrs per session.
4. The trigger is memory. Loading different game play areas increases the memory without memory being released. I can play longer if I do not load in to PVP, Fleet or transfer to more than 2 planets. I watch my memory increasing during play and will eventually shutdown the game to prevent a CTD. I relog and play an additional 1.5-2 hours before I cycle the game again.
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. These are indeed CTDs. I am not dropped to a login screen or a server select screen.

Malstrades
11.24.2012 , 05:56 AM | #148
1-red eclipse
2-tyrusaran and ALL other chars
3-about every 2 hours as your memory leaks turn unsolvable for hardware and software of the OMS
4-doing everything and nothing
5,6- not necesary as its bad string-coding on your (EAware) part, AKA TEST YOUR **** BEFORE PUTTING IT ON LIVE! using a few rabid fanboy guilds does not count as profesional testing nabs!

7- no *********** **** its a crash to desktop, thought it was santa? wel gues again!
With F2P we saw EAware's ultra greed kick in in full public view! evil has shown itself, the end times are near!

zorprimus
11.24.2012 , 09:03 AM | #149
It would be nice to know if there is anything in mind for this issue.
Well when you gotta go you gotta go so lets get going...
Beta tester since 8/2011
CE Owner
Lightsaber swinging, blaster rifle aiming...geek.

Sonaria
11.24.2012 , 12:26 PM | #150
1. Server- The Ebon Hawk
2. Characters- Aribella, Annadar, Rosali, Kylia, Kylié (basically all the toons I play regularly)
3. Frequency- at least 2-3 times per hour, probably a minimum of 10 times/day (depending on the length of time I play).
4. When I go to load anything- pvp, flashpoints, loading my ship, loading planets, opening my bags, opening the GTN is when it crashes. It's not every time I do those things, but whenever it crashes, it's trying to load something. I didn't have this issue before patch 1.4. After 1.4 is when it started crashing to desktop frequently.
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. Yes, it is a crash to desktop issue. SWTOR will completely close out on me, not kicking back to server select screen.