Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Expertise

DarthSanguos
11.22.2012 , 07:45 PM | #1
I was wondering if the expertise stat applies to anything outside of PvP. I know that a few patches back thehy said it would no longer apply to anything outside of PvP, but I just got an Expertise stat saber crystal from the cartel market and it seemed to cause more damage and recharge the toolbar at a faster speed as well as speed up the attacks I make..I could be completely off and derping but I figured you guys would know best. Thanks for the input and see you on the battle field..I will be the one getting stomped into the dirt most of the time ;-P.

MidichIorian
11.22.2012 , 07:51 PM | #2
An expertise crystal shouldnt do that. Had it been a PvP saber stacked with alacrity, maybe and assuming your old saber didnt have any alacrity, you'd probably notice lower activation times, depending on your class/spec.
Referral Link (grants you free stuff)
SkittLEs
TOFN/TRE

FourTwent
11.23.2012 , 12:55 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSanguos View Post
I could be completely off and derping
this ^^

Easpeak
11.23.2012 , 06:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSanguos View Post
I could be completely off and derping but I figured you guys would know best.
Dr. Piu Piu diagnosis:
It is a well known fact that anything to do with PvP reduces the blood flow in your brain and directs it into your epeen: lowering IQ, cognitive senses and all things related to emotional stability and well being. So it is completely understandable and noral for you to feel better, faster and more powerful because of inflated expertise numbers.
Easpeax
Maedex
Heff
Remnax

MusicRider
11.23.2012 , 08:02 AM | #5
Expertise is only about pvp and has zero effect on pve.

Groncho
11.23.2012 , 08:15 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Easpeak View Post
Dr. Piu Piu diagnosis:
It is a well known fact that anything to do with PvP reduces the blood flow in your brain and directs it into your epeen: lowering IQ, cognitive senses and all things related to emotional stability and well being. So it is completely understandable and noral for you to feel better, faster and more powerful because of inflated expertise numbers.
I wonder what Doctor Piu Piu thinks about operatives
Ch
LATIN LOVER

Wainamoinen
11.23.2012 , 08:22 AM | #7
What if the original crystal had negative alacrity, eh? You all didn't think of that.

Ask Dr Piu Piu.

edit: sorry OP, didn't comment: you were imagining it. Maybe you wre out of combat or something the second time. a) Expertise only helps in PvP (damage, vs damage taken, healing done); b) doesn't help regen even in PvP.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)