Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speeder Piloting III refund refused.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Speeder Piloting III refund refused.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Caminari
11.22.2012 , 03:48 PM | #41
Bump.
Because I'm sure the CS droids were looking for it to give us a proper answer
"Relativity applies to physics, not ethics."~Albert Einstein
╬╬╬╬╬|██████████████████████████████)

Ognajd
11.22.2012 , 03:56 PM | #42
You keep bumping it and either you'll get a warning or the thread will get locked/deleted.

Bought mine on the 16th and got the no refund reply.

Caminari
11.22.2012 , 04:00 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Ognajd View Post
You keep bumping it and either you'll get a warning or the thread will get locked/deleted.

Bought mine on the 16th and got the no refund reply.
Then they'll get another, and another, until I'm banned or my subscription runs out. Makes no odds, since if they don't give us a proper response I won't be renewing for december.

Caminari
11.22.2012 , 05:55 PM | #44
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=555641&page=4

So they are giving people refunds on this. I guess we're just waiting for ours now and it's just a matter of getting through the backlog, like with the late CCs for subs that renewed on the 15th/16th?
(Yeah, I'm ever the optimist)

Ruskaeth
11.23.2012 , 02:44 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by KorbinArmand View Post
See I got proper response when i submitted my ticket, i had purchased level2 for 225cc and got my refund..why?

1- Stated i baught it under the understanding it was "Legacy Wide"
2- Requested refund as result that due to text error said service is not one intended
3- MOST important I did purchase it Before Warning and Stated that i had Purchased Before warning.

If you purchased any legacy one after they stated it on Launcher (you could argue if you purchased same day as you'd not seen it due to not relaunching game) after that point, they warned you, you didnt heed it...its now your fault.

So IF you did purchase it BEFORE COMMUNITY ALERT state that in Ticket, resubmit and they should refund you, if you did after alert then sorry its your own fault. (Community Alert has been in launcher since 18th so unless you baught it before then sorry)
I will try to make this very, very, ultimately clear to you:

BW refused refunding (real money worth) cartel coins to people who had bought the account wide perk before BW fixed the labelling issue or put the message on launcher. BW chose to deny the request because these individuals had not written a ticket prior to the announcement from BW. The problem with this method is following: Cartel Coin is "real money" in a way and principle of good customer service would suggest that responsibility to refund a customer based on complain time should be in effect, nevermind the TOS.

Think about it for a moment: It's logical that some people wait to hear if it's a bug or not before writing a request ticket for refund. It could have been a bug and something BW would fix and there would be no need for writing a refund request. However, the moment BW acknowledged the problem, they also revoked your right to be refunded even in the case of buying the perk prior to announcement.

If this really is the case, it makes me wonder who's pulling the strings of decision on these issues? Personally, I didn't buy the unlock. I am discussing this issue because I see it as an injustice. Gaming currency traded in with real money just makes this issue more complicated and would suggest people in this thread consider BW's decision to be questionable at best.

Yours, Ruswyn/Mrachan

Ognajd
11.23.2012 , 04:56 AM | #46
I only became aware of the issue through the forums and ultimately the launcher. Both of my alts were level one, parked indefinitely while I stayed on the main. If they're giving refunds, I doubt they decided, "based on individual basis," as my purchase was on the 16th. Rather they are associating ticket times with purchase times.

I'm not going to bother with another ticket. I'll see if I can get a charge back through my credit card company. I think between a screenshot of the launcher, their "no refund for our mistake" reply email, and politely laying out the vocabulary of this for the layperson who has never played the game, I'm hopeful I can get a refund.

I am very fortunate (relatively) this issue arose near the end of my one month sub.

Caminari
11.23.2012 , 12:19 PM | #47
Day 3, 21 days left of subscription.
Still no satisfactory response or refund.

Artemys
11.23.2012 , 12:21 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Ognajd View Post
I only became aware of the issue through the forums and ultimately the launcher. Both of my alts were level one, parked indefinitely while I stayed on the main. If they're giving refunds, I doubt they decided, "based on individual basis," as my purchase was on the 16th. Rather they are associating ticket times with purchase times.

I'm not going to bother with another ticket. I'll see if I can get a charge back through my credit card company. I think between a screenshot of the launcher, their "no refund for our mistake" reply email, and politely laying out the vocabulary of this for the layperson who has never played the game, I'm hopeful I can get a refund.

I am very fortunate (relatively) this issue arose near the end of my one month sub.
Keep in mind a Chargeback wont be taken lightly, and it will result in action taken against your account. I don't know about Bioware, but I know other MMOs ban the account that gets a chargeback, unless you pay back the amount.
Check out myYoutube Channel Swtor for Storyline and PvP Videos!
Lexi'belle | Artemys | Marce
Sorcerer| Operative | Juggernaut
Free Character Transfer

Quintessent
11.23.2012 , 12:44 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Artemys View Post
Keep in mind a Chargeback wont be taken lightly, and it will result in action taken against your account. I don't know about Bioware, but I know other MMOs ban the account that gets a chargeback, unless you pay back the amount.
I would imagine they would normally take some kind of action, but i would imagine that that would involve doing something and from what most people seem to be saying they are far far too busy to actually do things.

If they ban an account for taking your money back when you buy coins and don't receive them they would be in breach of your statutory rights by sanctioning you for asserting them. If they do it for taking your money back after receiving inadequate customer service in relation to a refund where an item is defective or not provided then the same applies, sanction (banning an account or taking any detrimental action against you) for assertion of statutory rights is a breach of consumer law.

It doesn't hold up against sub charges, but should against the cartel coins and market (as they deal in real currency) from what I understand of what I've read.

Fingers crossed we won't have to find out and they will just pull their finger out. They did with my ticket, i have been refunded when I sent a ticket stating the speeder unlock says the whole account and doesn't provide that. Not what i was hoping for, (i believe we are entitled to the unlock that was advertised whatever they have to do to make it happen.) but better than no response or a negative etc.

Anyways, back to playing the game.

Caminari
11.23.2012 , 01:51 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Quintessent View Post
I would imagine they would normally take some kind of action, but i would imagine that that would involve doing something and from what most people seem to be saying they are far far too busy to actually do things.

If they ban an account for taking your money back when you buy coins and don't receive them they would be in breach of your statutory rights by sanctioning you for asserting them. If they do it for taking your money back after receiving inadequate customer service in relation to a refund where an item is defective or not provided then the same applies, sanction (banning an account or taking any detrimental action against you) for assertion of statutory rights is a breach of consumer law.

It doesn't hold up against sub charges, but should against the cartel coins and market (as they deal in real currency) from what I understand of what I've read.

Fingers crossed we won't have to find out and they will just pull their finger out. They did with my ticket, i have been refunded when I sent a ticket stating the speeder unlock says the whole account and doesn't provide that. Not what i was hoping for, (i believe we are entitled to the unlock that was advertised whatever they have to do to make it happen.) but better than no response or a negative etc.

Anyways, back to playing the game.
See, I'd be perfectly happy with just getting that refund. I'm not going to demand a whole account unlock if that's never what was intended, I'm ok with them just saying 'ok, our mistake, here's your coins back'.