Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Am I just doing this wrong?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Am I just doing this wrong?

heyyogroove
11.22.2012 , 10:35 PM | #1
So, I play a Prot Guardian. I realize that my DPS isn't supposed to be awesome in pvp. It seems, though, that even though I am in full Battlemaster gear, I just can't seem to beat anybody one-on-one. I love my PvP toolkit, don't get me wrong. But everytime I guard something by my lonesome, it only takes one guy attacking me to take me out (unless it's another guardian). Is my DPS supposed to be consistently outclassed, or do I just suck at it? Note: this isn't a complaining post. I just want to know if I am doing it wrong. Thanks, all.

Praiden
11.22.2012 , 10:40 PM | #2
*** is a prot guardian you mean tank? if your in tank spec you dps will not kill anyone. now if your a dps spec guardian it then depends on who is attacking you and how geared they are compared too you
RUN FROM THE GLOWSTICKS
SWG Lowca
SWTOR Prophecy of the Five - Myirk 50 Happy Feet

JackNader
11.22.2012 , 10:41 PM | #3
what is your spec

heyyogroove
11.22.2012 , 10:46 PM | #4
Tank spec, forgive the lingo. Old WoW player, here.

Hambunctious
11.22.2012 , 10:51 PM | #5
If you're both equally geared, you should be able to at least make it close against anything but a healer, hybrid healer, pyro, madness sorc who knows how to kite, and assassin hyrid tank. Then it matters how well they utilize their abilities, and how you use yours.

Of course, even as a tank spec, you should be in dps gear. Maybe with some defense, but no shield, or absorb.

JekRendar
11.22.2012 , 10:56 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by heyyogroove View Post
Tank spec, forgive the lingo. Old WoW player, here.
I'm sorry for you.

Just remember you're in a GFFA now and BioWare is using old MMO terms: Skills, Vehicles, Species, Canon, etc.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Dnepr
11.22.2012 , 10:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by VandisFet View Post
...It is a War Zone, not a shopping mall....
Play hard, or go watch the Lifetime channel.

Glower
11.22.2012 , 11:06 PM | #8
But you can torment enemy to death if he is not a sniper. Stun Choke Stun [resolve full] Shield Run/Jump another Shield Regen Stun Choke Stun Medpack ...
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Hambunctious
11.22.2012 , 11:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
But you can torment enemy to death if he is not a sniper. Stun Choke Stun [resolve full] Shield Run/Jump another Shield Regen Stun Choke Stun Medpack ...
Not to mention slow spam. That REALLY annoys people, and you can almost guarantee they'll swarm to you like npcs do to a pve tank.

Safgril
11.23.2012 , 12:49 AM | #10
for pvp... tank spec'd guards are great only for taking damage on guarded people... THATS IT...

if you want to do damage and kill people... go focus tree in guardian.... rack up strength and power.... not crit. youtube for a video... search for this video....

SWTOR: Jedi Guardian (Focus) PvP Guide - everything you need to know

it is to maximize your smash/sweep.... do those 5000+, 6000+, 7000+ AOE damage...

its a good video... you can also see some of Luciela's pvp videos.... they are really good...