Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best thing about being a girl gamer!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help > Introductions
Best thing about being a girl gamer!

JamieKirby
11.13.2012 , 06:46 PM | #51
Well, i personally haven't really met any female gamers, i know they exist, i just don't meet them...sadly.

I do however tend to meet the ones that think 'ALL video games are for children' i was like '***?' I mean, if i hung out with a friend that was a woman, she wouldn't need to be a gamer to be fun to be around, but she would have to be fine with me being a gamer, otherwise, its not going to work.....at all.

Also, the only game that women i know that did play games a little bit...was sims.........an ok game, but doesn't compare to an RPG or a RTS or a space sim.

TrumpetNut
11.22.2012 , 10:51 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
prodobly from gaming style.not to be sexist, but some times you just see that this toon is handled by a woman.
no offense
What do all of you guys find in us that allows you to figure out? please tell me so that I can hide that type of thing.....

happysister
11.22.2012 , 10:56 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by TrumpetNut View Post
What do all of you guys find in us that allows you to figure out? please tell me so that I can hide that type of thing.....
must be our general maturity.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire

pan_sObak
11.26.2012 , 02:43 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
Well I am also a guy who uses female toons exclusively when playing MMOs. There are many reasons why, but one of the best is the assumption that I am in fact a woman.
well, that reason is a kind of wierd to me!
I use female toons because of the perfect view from behind and some other sides (in cutscenes), it will be a bit... hm... not so exciting for me all that time in game see the man's back :-)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Seer 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!

WinterBlueRaven
11.27.2012 , 03:22 AM | #55
I've had a few derogatory comments from folk because I'm a female gamer, but for the most part folk a pretty cool about it. Gaming guys at work are just happy there's another enthusiast about
"I'm not lazy, just highly motivated to do nothing" ~ Blue
deviantART: http://baka-no-neko.deviantart.com/
Aliases: Baka, Furball, E, Blue, WintersBlueRaven

LanaRyra
12.11.2012 , 02:59 AM | #56
When i group up with people for a longer period of time, they tend to always guess i'm a female gamer because of how i act, but they get the age WAY wrong i had a guy guess i was 25-30 years old a while ago. I'm 14 I love to see their reaction when i tell them my real age.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Estimated 16.7million people dealing with serious mental illness in the US alone each year. Estimated 400,000+ people subscribed to this game.
Guess some overlap was bound to happen eventually

DarthSaurus
12.12.2012 , 09:35 PM | #57
It's good to see that more girls are interested in playing videogames
I have no problem with that
The girls I've met didn't know how to play games like Gears of War and stuff
And to see here it's... really great to have you in the community

Sinapus
12.12.2012 , 11:00 PM | #58
I've run into various "girl gamers" at BSN from playing Mass Effect via fandom for FemShep, though there are guys (like, oh, me) who like that character too. Noticed some female voices over the mike while playing the ME3 MP as well. So it isn't too rare in my experience, at least.

Hm. Re: Playing a character of the opposite sex. I ended up starting my first character as a female scoundrel, mostly because I liked the voice that popped up when I was clicking around on options for the smuggler class' sex. Still have a male gunslinger started and he's fun to play too. I usually mention that I'm a guy when playing the female character if I get into a group and we're conversing about something or another, though not constantly. E.g., I was asked about healing and my reaction was like: "Heal?! I'm just a 42 yr old geek guy who just started this mmorpg thing. I'm a bit better at dps..." (Fortunately we had a Jedi healer who handled most of the healing in that group too. Though I have gotten a little bit better at healing. Keep getting lost on Taris, though.)

I guess I'll see what happens w/my female characters as I go, though I will try to not string people along into thinking I"m a "guuurrrrlllll" or whatever. Besides, the Female Trooper is played by FemShep so I've got to try that character out.

At the moment I can't really tell who is or isn't a male or female player. I do wonder about the ones who have female characters and/or companions dressed in that Republic dancer outfit or similar, though. My initial suspicion is teenage male (I was once one, back during the last Ice Age, after all ), though there are more than a few female Star Wars fans who like dressing up in that metal bikini outfit from RoTJ so that might be an unfair presumption...
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

HaleLightmight
12.21.2012 , 09:27 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by LanaRyra View Post
When i group up with people for a longer period of time, they tend to always guess i'm a female gamer because of how i act, but they get the age WAY wrong i had a guy guess i was 25-30 years old a while ago. I'm 14 I love to see their reaction when i tell them my real age.
THATS funny because i'm 14 as well, but i am a guy. there was someone that though i was i colledge.
WRONG, btw whats your name in the game, it would be cool to talk to you

HaleLightmight
12.21.2012 , 09:31 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinapus View Post
I've run into various "girl gamers" at BSN from playing Mass Effect via fandom for FemShep, though there are guys (like, oh, me) who like that character too. Noticed some female voices over the mike while playing the ME3 MP as well. So it isn't too rare in my experience, at least.

Hm. Re: Playing a character of the opposite sex. I ended up starting my first character as a female scoundrel, mostly because I liked the voice that popped up when I was clicking around on options for the smuggler class' sex. Still have a male gunslinger started and he's fun to play too. I usually mention that I'm a guy when playing the female character if I get into a group and we're conversing about something or another, though not constantly. E.g., I was asked about healing and my reaction was like: "Heal?! I'm just a 42 yr old geek guy who just started this mmorpg thing. I'm a bit better at dps..." (Fortunately we had a Jedi healer who handled most of the healing in that group too. Though I have gotten a little bit better at healing. Keep getting lost on Taris, though.)

I guess I'll see what happens w/my female characters as I go, though I will try to not string people along into thinking I"m a "guuurrrrlllll" or whatever. Besides, the Female Trooper is played by FemShep so I've got to try that character out.

At the moment I can't really tell who is or isn't a male or female player. I do wonder about the ones who have female characters and/or companions dressed in that Republic dancer outfit or similar, though. My initial suspicion is teenage male (I was once one, back during the last Ice Age, after all ), though there are more than a few female Star Wars fans who like dressing up in that metal bikini outfit from RoTJ so that might be an unfair presumption...
i agree it's getting hard to tell who's a girl and who's not in the game, and i also thought that all those metal biki's came from teeanage male players