Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The story's quality went down since level 50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The story's quality went down since level 50

Slowpokeking
11.22.2012 , 04:23 PM | #1
I really like the story but it went down since level 50.

Too many third faction mess since the ops/fp are being released, sure it's ok to have some but the main plot should stick to the war between the Republic and Empire. But we didn't see too much process.

Spoiler

JediMB
11.22.2012 , 04:29 PM | #2
Well, I suppose they're saving the main Empire vs Republic story additions for new planets they plan to expand with in the future.

And as far as the Empire losing so much... well, they are the ones fated to lose the war in the end.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Wolfninjajedi
11.22.2012 , 04:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
Well, I suppose they're saving the main Empire vs Republic story additions for new planets they plan to expand with in the future.

And as far as the Empire losing so much... well, they are the ones fated to lose the war in the end.
Well that and all the in fighting in the Sith Empire going on.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Slowpokeking
11.22.2012 , 04:31 PM | #4

But it's too early to end the story with a landslide win.

And Like Palpatine said, "Once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy!" So it's not really settled.

Bleeters
11.22.2012 , 04:51 PM | #5
Good thing there hasn't been a landslide victory that ended the story yet, then.

Alec_Fortescue
11.22.2012 , 05:38 PM | #6
Empire's losses are done on purpose. According to encyclopedia the Republic is winning the war but the Empire is close to the key of achieving a victory. I wonder what is the "key" which will turn the tide.

Slowpokeking
11.22.2012 , 05:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Empire's losses are done on purpose. According to encyclopedia the Republic is winning the war but the Empire is close to the key of achieving a victory. I wonder what is the "key" which will turn the tide.
Darth Revan? Something in the Foundry? Star Cabal's codex?

I checked the encyclopedia yes it did say the key to victory is at hand, but the new novel still didn't say a thing about it.

usmarshal
11.22.2012 , 10:49 PM | #8
And yet there's over 1,000 years of time after the games start point unexplored by the expanded universe. It doesn't make any since to have the Empire lose this early when we have time for a lot more adventure.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.-Winston Churchill

Trollokdamus
11.23.2012 , 07:04 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by usmarshal View Post
And yet there's over 1,000 years of time after the games start point unexplored by the expanded universe. It doesn't make any since to have the Empire lose this early when we have time for a lot more adventure.
This. Anything can happen.
The Empire can even conquer the entire Republic, execute the leftover citizens and military forces, banish its Jedi guardians from the Galaxy and start its own reign of terror, which will last for the next couple of hundreds of years. And then, slowly, it can be reformed back to the state of the Republic via a chain of micro-revolutions or something.
That's one of the major reasons of devs choosing this particular time period - to have a relative freedom in order to create their own story.

On topic, the current state of TOR end-game (in terms of story) is very similar to classic WoW. In general, the storyline is not really moving anywhere. All we are doing now is disposing of some local threats for both factions here and there.

Bleeters
11.23.2012 , 12:33 PM | #10
The Empire are currently losing.

This is not the same thing as having lost.