Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the best storyline for both empire and republic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
What is the best storyline for both empire and republic?

xNYROx
11.22.2012 , 05:27 AM | #1
Which class has the best storyline in the Empire and republic?

SebastiaanZ
11.22.2012 , 05:43 AM | #2
Its personal preference but for me it is for the Empire the Imperial Agent and for the Republic the Jedi Knight.
Noomi-ryar (Lvl 55) Sith Assassin / Neovangelion (Lvl 55) Sith Marauder / Danitaka (Lvl 20) Mercenary / Triton-one (Lvl 52) Operative / Gali-ryar (Lvl 55) Sith Sorcerer
Rayalas (Lvl 51) Gunslinger / Kenli-shun (Lvl 55) Jedi Guardian / Vyzen (Lvl 52) Commando / Nende (Lvl 55) Jedi Shadow

NoTomorrow
11.22.2012 , 06:03 AM | #3
Whatever you do, please dont play a male jedi consular...
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

ChrisRedmond
11.22.2012 , 06:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
Its personal preference but for me it is for the Empire the Imperial Agent and for the Republic the Jedi Knight.
This ^^

IA is the best by far. JK is pretty good too. the rest are OK.
If you can't fix it, forget it.

Danicony
11.22.2012 , 06:35 AM | #5
For me it was Sith Warrior without a doubt.

Jedi knight was pretty nice.

Didn't like any of the other much though.

parmie
11.22.2012 , 06:57 AM | #6
Knight and Agent I would agree with

Beemerchick
11.22.2012 , 08:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Whatever you do, please dont play a male jedi consular...
Since I play a male Consular, I have to ask why?

Telretha
11.22.2012 , 02:14 PM | #8
Eh, I'd say I enjoyed my Smuggler the most, with Trooper being close second.

As for the Consular, it is a bit boring, at least I found. The story was very... right for the class, but I just didn't find that as interesting.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons ain't no use for a blaster at your side, kid." - Han Solo

z-monty
11.22.2012 , 02:29 PM | #9
The general consensus I've seen across the forums is that the Imperial Agent has by far the best story in the entire game. As someone who's played an Agent all the way though, I wouldn't hesitate to agree with that.

For the rest of the Empire, Warriors definitely have a good story as well. Bounty Hunters can be a bit slow in the beginning but definitely start to pick up towards the endish of Chapter 2. Inquisiters probably get the short end of the stick since it's a bit of a different angle as a Sith looking for power and artifacts as opposed to the Warrior that just battles and kills everything head on, but the story fits very well with the class.

As for Republic, the Knight seems to have the crown there. I've got a Knight to 50 and had a blast doing it. I haven't leveled up the rest, but the Smuggler story is helped that your character gets at least one sarcastic response per reply, which is always great. Trooper story is good too, even in the early levels. From what I've seen with the Consular... it just seems to be boring compared to the other classes. If you like the idea of a kind of Jedi 'polititian' then you will definitely enjoy the story since it fits the class well. Compared to the other classes stories, however, they fall a bit flat. Bottom line, all the stories are really good and you should have fun no matter what. Hope this helps!
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
No, I'm not a big fan of the Queen or Royal Family, but yes, I do love tea.
Well played CS... well played

JacksonMo
11.22.2012 , 05:07 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Telretha View Post
Eh, I'd say I enjoyed my Smuggler the most, with Trooper being close second.

As for the Consular, it is a bit boring, at least I found. The story was very... right for the class, but I just didn't find that as interesting.
Ditto. Note on the sig below 2 of my lvl 50's are smugglers. There's a reason for that.