Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New Free-to-Play Launch Trailer: A Galaxy of Possibilities

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Free-to-Play Launch Trailer: A Galaxy of Possibilities
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nireesh's Avatar


Nireesh
11.21.2012 , 07:55 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post
maybe that is makeb lol
Lol, yup I think you must be right. Seriously though, this was a good trailer.. very nice

Darth_Haderach's Avatar


Darth_Haderach
11.21.2012 , 09:45 PM | #22
Most impressive!

Nuxxios's Avatar


Nuxxios
11.21.2012 , 10:41 PM | #23
Saw this on IGN, Twitter and Facebook. MMO-champion had a link to this in a forum post as well. This particular trailer has garnered quite good feelings. Love it.

mitrikzoltan's Avatar


mitrikzoltan
11.22.2012 , 03:52 AM | #24
Having read the first page I can see everyone likes this trailer. I don't. I really really don't. I think the quality of your trailers dropped a lot lately. Back in the day your trailers were the best in the industry, now they are no different then any other.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.22.2012 , 04:02 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by mitrikzoltan View Post
Having read the first page I can see everyone likes this trailer. I don't. I really really don't. I think the quality of your trailers dropped a lot lately. Back in the day your trailers were the best in the industry, now they are no different then any other.
Do not be expecting the hyper expensive blur trailers again, besides ones made for the biggest updates, like HK-51's.

mitrikzoltan's Avatar


mitrikzoltan
11.22.2012 , 04:06 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Do not be expecting the hyper expensive blur trailers again, besides ones made for the biggest updates, like HK-51's.
I'm not, not at all. Earlier trailers had a feel to them though. You watched the trailer and had an emotional connection. For example the trailer they took scenes from (Bastila and Malgus on Ilum). I have watched that trailer a gazillion times it is so good, and it is the same gameplay trailer, probably costs about the same amount of money to make. (unless they fired their video guy)

Earlier trailers sort of told a story, this one is just scenes cut together in a mediocre way. Ah well, since everyone seems to like it, its probably only me

KurganNazzir's Avatar


KurganNazzir
11.22.2012 , 05:11 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
IAnyone know where that scene where the Jedi holds the missle back is from?
Bounty Hunter class quest on Corellia. Class video if you want to watch it, obviously spoilers.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mossesman View Post
The part where the Republic Cruiser crashes into the giant asteroid...which part is that from?
Option for Consular class quest on the Fortitude (before Balmorra). Two part video, if you want to watch it (first video is set to just before the decision, second video starts by showing the crash).

Fornix's Avatar


Fornix
11.22.2012 , 06:35 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by mitrikzoltan View Post
I'm not, not at all. Earlier trailers had a feel to them though. You watched the trailer and had an emotional connection. For example the trailer they took scenes from (Bastila and Malgus on Ilum). I have watched that trailer a gazillion times it is so good, and it is the same gameplay trailer, probably costs about the same amount of money to make. (unless they fired their video guy)

Earlier trailers sort of told a story, this one is just scenes cut together in a mediocre way. Ah well, since everyone seems to like it, its probably only me
The early trailers were boring, unimpressive and truly didn't convince a lot of people by looking at the trailers that TOR would be interesting in any way to check out.

These trailers are a lot more action packed, and with that definitely do make the game itself feel more appealing to give a go. So I'd say, job well done BioWare, keep more trailers like this coming.
Member of <Helix>

Mevan's Avatar


Mevan
11.22.2012 , 07:31 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by mitrikzoltan View Post
Having read the first page I can see everyone likes this trailer. I don't. I really really don't. I think the quality of your trailers dropped a lot lately. Back in the day your trailers were the best in the industry, now they are no different then any other.
Your opinion baffles me. Truly :')
Quit as of 2.4. Because the Star Wars IP can only get bad developers so far.

LUCASCASADEIS's Avatar


LUCASCASADEIS
11.22.2012 , 06:27 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
Bounty Hunter class quest on Corellia. Class video if you want to watch it, obviously spoilers.


Option for Consular class quest on the Fortitude (before Balmorra). Two part video, if you want to watch it (first video is set to just before the decision, second video starts by showing the crash).
what abut the space combat there? i mean it was amazing, and that star cruiser destroyed a republic cruiser. where is that?