Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DO NOT BUY the HK-51 character perk on a sub-50 character

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
DO NOT BUY the HK-51 character perk on a sub-50 character

Jandi
11.22.2012 , 01:20 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
If the post was just to criticize EA then you might have a point. The post is also here to let people know, in case they didnt happen to read the known issues thread, which many people dont, that there is a problem.

Its people like you that drive people away. Your attitude towards others sucks.

Poster: hey guys, just wanted to let you know that there is a problem with X
You: **** This is in the known issues this post is pointless
I've seen the exact same thread at least 6 times since 1.5 went live. Nothing to do with known issues threads. Did you even bother to check if there was a thread about this already? Of course not, that would be silly.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Soluss
11.22.2012 , 01:58 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
I've seen the exact same thread at least 6 times since 1.5 went live. Nothing to do with known issues threads. Did you even bother to check if there was a thread about this already? Of course not, that would be silly.
If its not on the front page then who cares. I couldnt care less whats on the next 4 or 5 pages of the forums. I have not seen the same exact thread atleast 6 times. I come here quite a bit and this is the first time ive seen this exact thread. Dont like it, dont read it...nuff said.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Zangaboing
11.22.2012 , 02:54 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatebomb View Post
Oh please. Just get some Droid armor for him and a nice rifle till they fix it. HK-51 is so OP it's crazy for lowbies.
What this guy said. I bought him for my 17 lvl marauder and have equipped on him a sniper, knife and 3 armor parts close to my level, and he kicks so much *** even without any other gear, its crazy!

Icestar
11.22.2012 , 04:00 AM | #24
They are aware of the problems with HK, I am sure they want to fix their "crown jewel" of this patch sooner then later

Something this big not working is hardly something good for them

JacksonMo
11.24.2012 , 08:03 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by swtonewbie View Post
When someone says that the gear is supposed to scale that means that it levels up or down as the character levels or delevels (in this case companion). So saying that his gear should scale down means that at level 15 he should have the equivalent or level 15 mod stats for crystals, barrel, armoring, mod and enhancement in his gear.
Didn't exactly answer the question. The gear does NOT change levels with you, but it SHOULD be the same level as your character when you unlock him. When you level up, you maintain his gear just like any other companion.

mandodarkness
11.24.2012 , 01:38 PM | #26
Same happened to me on my lil 32-just bought the other cc store cunning gear....put those mods into droid parts from market and now he's a dps monster-LOL with same tier purple and lvl armoring/mods- his dps is higher then my sentinel! HK is boss!
"The Dark Side is filled with many pitfalls, of course, this is what makes it that much more fun to play with..."

Fallenleaf
04.26.2013 , 12:11 PM | #27
Not sure if you still get it but when i unlocked my HK-51 through the quest chain i got a bag of spare equipment for my HK-51 so if you happen to buy it with cartel coins after it has been fixed so his gear is set at your level then you still can or should have a full set of level 50 gear for him

Rabin_Lorac
04.26.2013 , 12:40 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by RDeanOU View Post
The Community Managers actually prefer people not to make redundant threads. It's more constructive and useful to keep the discussion consolidated. Threads like this often get locked b/c they are redundant. So, yeah, you happen to be wrong about this one.
Hey, guess what its been 6 months and the thread is not locked. Why do people just mouth off and think they know everything?

JerForceOne
04.26.2013 , 12:51 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by BenjaminminU View Post
So the gear is supposed to scale, ah well. My point still stands until they fix the bug.
No, i disagree with your point. Getting HK-51 on a lvl 1 character makes your starter planet so much faster. Even though his gear isn't at scale, on a character under 10-12 he has better stats than you do. So since you are probably "spacebaring" through all the conversations anyway, why not add a little extra edge.

hillerbees
04.26.2013 , 03:09 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
Its pointless. Get over it.
Its not pointless - Thanks OP for posting - I was not aware of the bug.