Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

MidichIorian
11.05.2012 , 03:00 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
Bumping this back up since our class issues have yet to be resolved and there's still no defensive CD worth a damn for our squishiest class in the game problem.
Why would you want a defensive CD when you could have burst/dps to match our current squishiness instead? Wouldnt it be more fun to actually kill stuff during the up-time rather than doing "average" damage longer?

I never expected sage/sorc to have high survivability, the light armor kind of gave it away, but I thought it would be a given that we had the best dps in the game to make up for it. That's how stats work in other games, such as car games. If your car has a high top speed it usually comes with low/medium acceleration or low/medium maneuverability. Sorc is the car with horrible acceleration (burst), decent speed (dps) and silly maneuverability (survivability).

RigbyC
11.06.2012 , 10:08 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post

1. How do you think your Sorcerer spec is perceived by other classes?
2. How do you perceive your own spec?

Thank you!
Madness then Corruption as Madness was a joke

1. Priority target, due to heal prevention (if healer) and its an easy kill (any spec). Sorcs wont bite back because they cant.

2. Quite honestly we are all glass no cannon. Madness has no survivability and no "real" damage, all damage is done by DoT spamming which is easily removed and your still spamming lightning all the time. Healers have survivability from healing but are still to squishy.

My main point however is this. Considering this thread was made 4 months ago and consists of 95% of us saying the same thing! I have still yet to see any yellow posts saying that it is even being looked into? (was started by a yellow post after all) Are you there? Do you even care? Four months without a response to your own thread and only further nerfs to the class, simply tells me you dont.
The Blackstorm Legacy
Sindanarie: Sith Marauder
Rigetsu: Jedi Shadow
Sapphiré: Sniper

OSMF
11.09.2012 , 09:44 PM | #143
How the other classes see us, answer easy kill. That how you are viewed in PVP. The class has no burst potential to even kill a decent healer, and we are suppose to be a cannon class. Right now it is really painful to play in PVP and has been for the last couple months. I don't mind to be this light armor low survivability class but at least give us some burst damage. The class relies to much on standing around to cast. As soon as you stop moving and start casting you will get targeted, interrupted and killed fast. Defense abilities are are also as bad, a bubble that gives you about a extra second to survive, force sprint that doesn't work half of the time because you can still get stunned and stooped from escaping, knock-back that only works 180 degree in front (who was the genius that came up with this one), and electrocute and whirlwind that are good but have a cool down of 1 minute.
If you try to play 1 versus 1 against any other DPS class you will lose most of the time. And to make matters even BETTER during the last patch Bioware decides to buff the Juggernauts/Jedi Knight so that those classes can crit hit you for about 6-7 k (have 1370 expertise in my gear) with a single smash every 8 seconds, really great job Bioware for balancing the classes. Bioware really needs to change this class so either has higher burst damage or more instant spells or people will stop playing this class.

Amebia
11.09.2012 , 10:44 PM | #144
Pathetic class

I give up.

Off to a medicine OP

Calogerus
11.10.2012 , 01:30 AM | #145

Healing wise I believe other classes see us as "ok" maybe even good. Damage wise we are laughable, and do not pose any sort of threat, they see glass and no cannon.

I play a Lightning/Madness hybrid only because there really is no other choice, the lightning tree does not have the damage output to constitute free casting let alone the instants do no more than tickle our opponent. The only reason why people see sorcs at the top of the damage chart is because we have to cast more spells and use more skills to kill our opponent since we have no burst or high crit spells to bring our opponet down as fast as they can us. In short they use less skills for more damage and we us more skills for less damage, it just adds up on the charts more than theirs which as we know in pvp doesn't matter, especially for a glass cannon.

fungihoujo
11.13.2012 , 09:23 PM | #146
We've been saying it since 1.2- and BW you haven't done a thing.

Madness damage is weak and it breaks our mez- which is powered by that spec. It's easy to cleanse- but even non cleansed the damage doesn't hurt much and anything you do will take effect after you die. DoTs specs tend to have better control in other games and mobility- this spec has little control, and as our main attack immobilizes us has brutal mobility.

Lightning is a turret- it blows, pure and simple, and the damage is again too low. Why do we have two DPS trees when at best they do support level dps?

Corruption at full is also a joke- casts are too slow when you got rid of instant DI, heals don't scale as well as damage, other players have so much CC and interrupts that our casts always get interrupted.

In 1.2 you nerfed our class into the ground despite it being in a perfect position at the time, and you said you did so because you didn't want hybrids to be all we played (since people were using instant DI for heals and instant chain lightning procs). Now, everyone is a corruption/lightning hybrid for the CC because it's the only spec that has minimal survivability- even though the healing and damage is still poor.

Yes, the class can put out sustained, especially if left alone- so in matches against awful players you see sorcs that don't get focused. Also, you see high damage numbers because if you do 100k damage on one player and don't kill him as a sorc, you've done more damage than a mara who kills that person with only 20k damage because they can do it fast AND shut down any defense/offense at the same time.

With the brutal changes of 1.2- you guys saw a drop in one month of over 25% of your playerbase- sorcs and mercs both all but vanished from the game. I don't expect much from you BW- because so far you've been making only bad decisions, and your f2p model is a complete joke (paying for quickbars, hide helmet and the ability to wear gear you've earned? Really?).

Simply put- this class needs more damage, more healing, more mobility- and without these we will never be on par with the good players of other classes. We don't have the damage to take down ball carriers or to clear out a base/door, and saying 'but sorcs have range!' is irrelevant in a game where every other range class (except mercs which also suck bad) outperforms us massively, and every melee class has insane gap closers on insane CDs, and where we're immobile by our own casts.

BTW- I like how you nerfed overload- good to know you're still reading January's posts where low levels were whining about level 50 sorcs in their WZ killing them. I'm glad you've finally caught up with post beta feedback BW, you make it abundantly clear why EA was voted the absolute worst company in America.

Ariak-
11.17.2012 , 10:35 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post
Hi everyone,

We’re looking for some specific feedback about each Advanced Class and spec. Your feedback here, along with other feedback we’ve been gathering and our internal metrics, may guide future class balance changes. Similar threads will be found in every Advanced Class forum.

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

Please answer the post using the same format and in no more than 2-3 sentences per question.

This is not a discussion thread, so please do not debate others’ feedback – everyone gets to share what they think. Any off-topic or unconstructive posts (or any that do not follow the above guidelines) will be removed without warning.

Remember, this isn’t the only thread we’re looking at for feedback – if you have more feedback than fits the above guidelines, please feel free to post a discussion thread. We’re looking to get some specific insights here, but we are always reading the forums to gather feedback and player concerns.

Thank you!
1. First target in 50s warzones - I play dps sorc and i generally take upwards of 300k damage every warzone

2. To be totally honest, broken without an easy fix ...... i dont blame BW too much because it's such a mess of a class. You would need an avid pvper/developer to actually know how to fix the class. Heck i am not sure what needs to happen. I do know that we do sub par burst damage and the survivability/TTK is way way too low. The insta heal last patch sort of felt like a bandaid .... maybe thats just me.
Ariak / Ultima Online - Baja - 7X Precast Hally Mage
Ariak / Dark Ages of Camelot - Igraine - Ranger
Ariak / SW:TOR - Prophecy of the Five - Lvl 55 PT hybrid
Rayste / SW:TOR - Prophecy of the Five - Lvl 55 Jug

AdmiralParmesan
11.17.2012 , 09:21 PM | #148
The real sad part is there has still been no response from developers on this post. The really sad part is that mostly only PVE players continue to play their sorcs, our class had one of the highest populations in the beginning of the game and look at us now. Nobody wants to play our class, and every other advanced class seems to think they are just a counterpick to sorcs. You know there is a problem when every other advanced class believes that they are a counterpick to sorcs.

Our class has no unique offensive, defensive or CC cooldown compared to the assassin trees. We have subpar burst damage, the weakest defense and weak damage under pressure. Something needs to be done or eventually this class will disappear from PVP aside from healers.

I am shamelessly posting this again, but these were some old ideas I had for fixing up the Sage/Sorc class in pvp.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=537558

veyl
11.21.2012 , 08:57 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
The real sad part is there has still been no response from developers on this post. The really sad part is that mostly only PVE players continue to play their sorcs, our class had one of the highest populations in the beginning of the game and look at us now. Nobody wants to play our class, and every other advanced class seems to think they are just a counterpick to sorcs. You know there is a problem when every other advanced class believes that they are a counterpick to sorcs.

Our class has no unique offensive, defensive or CC cooldown compared to the assassin trees. We have subpar burst damage, the weakest defense and weak damage under pressure. Something needs to be done or eventually this class will disappear from PVP aside from healers.

I am shamelessly posting this again, but these were some old ideas I had for fixing up the Sage/Sorc class in pvp.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=537558
Yeah I bumped this thread because the class feedback thread disappeared. There really needs to be some line of friggin' communication but it just doesn't feel like it's there.

The response to this thread was to give us Unnatural preservation (awesome for healers, sucks for everyone else) and *attempted* to make lightning more viable. Instead, they got a spec that is the only way a sorc can get into a Rated WZs (bubble blind hybrid) and will more than likely be nerfed with the amount of QQ it has caused.

yet. Marauders and Assassins are -buffed- every patch for pvp.

Fireswraith
11.21.2012 , 11:11 PM | #150
We have some of the weakest damage and absolutely weakest defense. Our healing spec isn't too bad.

Un-nerf us and bring back our hybrid spec (un-nerf wrath proc basically). If you're going to take away our hybrid spec then for f$%(s sake take away everyone elses also.

Increase the damage that our bubble absorbs, by a lot. This shouldn't affect much in the long run with the rediculous dps numbers just about everyone can put up these days.

Increase the damage of our Force powers, especially our dots. My Force powers should hit harder than a melee guys Force powers.