Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My taste of the novel Annihilation(SPOILER)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
My taste of the novel Annihilation(SPOILER)

lokdron
11.20.2012 , 05:03 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
if Drew could, he would have written half the Empire protagonists dead by the end of the novel.

Empire is fodder. Accept it.
Well thats just one way to piss off empire players I think many knew the empire was going to lose in some form but if its a curbstomp it will simply upset players.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

RazielHex
11.21.2012 , 04:10 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Darksaberexile View Post
Not much of a war if 1 side always loses.
Uhh, yeah it is.

Jandi
11.21.2012 , 10:36 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
Uhh, yeah it is.
Yeah, the French have fought many wars.

Yes. I went there.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Ausstig
11.24.2012 , 01:15 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Yeah, the French have fought many wars.

Yes. I went there.
You are aware, or not I guess, that France has won FAR more wars then it has lost.

In fact the united Germany has never won a war.
Have Force lightning will travel

NovaSerra
11.28.2012 , 08:25 AM | #55
Firstly love the Revan novel by the same author, very very good and engaging. This novel however was atrocious, total mediocre crap. Very boring for a start - barely anything REALLY happens until the last 2 chapters.
Really hate how the sith were portrayed as mindless beings who just like to blow stuff up - that is not what the empire is about at all, and even if it was he could at least put a few more dimensions or character developments in, but no instead its "there is another planet we can piss off, lets go!" what total crap.
The Revan novel switched back and forth between republic and sith characters with each chapter, giving us plenty of development on both sides, plus they included a lot of characters you actually see in game.
Now ive never read the graphic novels, but Darth Karrid? never heard of her. Didnt even know Malgus had an apprentice (doesnt seem to fit his character IMO) Also dont care about her, completely meaningless character.
Ngani Zho? How is this Sateles master, and Guardian to Theron? Surely Sateles master dies in the Return Cinematic (again i may be missing some lore here? Did she somehow get a second master? or is it the same person?)
Along with a lot of other Darths who i dont remember hearing or seeing before = dont care.
Do we see any of these characters in game? Does this book link in with the game it is based on in any way whatsoever? No it doesnt.
Waste of money, waste of time, try harder next time Drew.

RazielHex
11.28.2012 , 03:54 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
You are aware, or not I guess, that France has won FAR more wars then it has lost.

In fact the united Germany has never won a war.
Of course he doesn't. Who is Napolean Bonaparte again? What? France has beaten Prussia, the most militant European nation to ever exist?

People get that vibe because of two things, most of which they are completely unaware, but the origins thereof:

1). The Vichy Government of France during World War II
2). The fact that France acted as a middle-man mediator in the Cold War, not choosing the United States' side automatically.

NovaSerra
11.28.2012 , 04:11 PM | #57
So much for my attempt to try and steer us back to the original topic instead of discussing French politics.

Jandi
11.28.2012 , 05:01 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
Of course he doesn't. Who is Napolean Bonaparte again? What? France has beaten Prussia, the most militant European nation to ever exist?

People get that vibe because of two things, most of which they are completely unaware, but the origins thereof:

1). The Vichy Government of France during World War II
2). The fact that France acted as a middle-man mediator in the Cold War, not choosing the United States' side automatically.
Or, maybe, I was joking because it's a running joke?

You people really need a hug.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Ausstig
11.30.2012 , 07:52 AM | #59

Buy many people on the internet don't know/think it's a joke.

So we must bring the light of knowledge to them

Also the novel appears to be a complete waste of time.
Have Force lightning will travel

RazielHex
11.30.2012 , 03:41 PM | #60

Jokes are things that are funny, right?