Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Dark Council members in the future

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
New Dark Council members in the future

Beniboybling
11.21.2012 , 01:44 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
They can use the Lord Draahg method, our Sith Inquisitor/Warrior also came back from near death and the enemy thought we were dead. It's not a big deal and the Empire already lost many cool Sith.
Bringing him back to life isn't the problem, Star Wars have pulled that off more times than I can count. It's making it fit that is difficult. If BioWare were to do what you suggest, it would create two parallel stories: one were Tormen dies and is brought back to life, and one were Tormen lives. (It would also make Tormen and enemy of the BH - and judging by his character he would go out of his way to kill you)

armphid
11.21.2012 , 02:06 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Your knowledge is perfectly sound here. I agree, Malgus was a radical and while I'm not actually sure, I expect he went against the grain more than once. What I know for certain though is that he was disgusted by the political backstabbing and manipulation occurring in Sith politics, and was fairly disinterested in it - more of a front line warrior.

Despite this, I'm still surprised he wasn't placed on the Council. I don't think he would have passed up a seat on the Dark Council if he was offered it, if he really was committed to cleansing the Empire he would have seized such an opportunity to reform the Empire from within. What's more his views and Darth Marr's were almost identical, he'd definitely have ally there. And seeing as Marr is the de facto leader of the Council, I don't see why Marr didn't have him appointed...
All right! Not completely wrong!

That is interesting, what you said about Darth Marr. It might have been that Marr didn't know Malgus' intentions as a reformer; I'd imagine he hid them well. It might also have been that both Darth Marr and Darth Malgus wanted to the "the one" to change the Sith Empire, not "one of the ones," if that makes sense. There's a pretty strong only one person at the top thing with the Sith, even if they're run by a council while the Emperor's on the can (or whatever he's doing).

Not to break from lore, but I suspect is the main reason is that the writers and developers didn't want Darth Malgus on the Council for the whole False Emperor thing or other storylines. So even if it made sense, they wanted to keep him as an inside-outsider.
"It's a shallow life that leaves few scars." -- Garrison Keillor

BlazingShadow
11.21.2012 , 02:11 PM | #23
It's not I like him, but Jun Seros and the chancellor are far worse to you. They framed those crimes to you and launched those cruel operations. You had your chance to avenge yourself because of Darth Tormen's help.

Remember those BH who got killed by the Jedi? And your companion got kidnapped because of those framed crimes.
the jedi killed the other hunt champs. The chancellor, like most politicians, did not look into the matter and just did as the jedi said. Plus, keeping the Chancellor alive, showing the reublic that you're not completely in the empire's pockets, means i can play both sides and, hopefully, acquire bigger credit opportunities.

Murdering others is a disservice to your fallen comrades. Jun Seros was the responsible figure, the Chancellor was just an inept chancellor.

Kaisernick
11.21.2012 , 02:20 PM | #24

Sphere of Military Strategy: Former Councilor Darth Decimus.

I guess Darth Charnus will mostly succeed on this sphere.
seems the most likely since he isnt killed on corellia

Slowpokeking
11.21.2012 , 03:11 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
the jedi killed the other hunt champs. The chancellor, like most politicians, did not look into the matter and just did as the jedi said. Plus, keeping the Chancellor alive, showing the reublic that you're not completely in the empire's pockets, means i can play both sides and, hopefully, acquire bigger credit opportunities.

Murdering others is a disservice to your fallen comrades. Jun Seros was the responsible figure, the Chancellor was just an inept chancellor.
No, as the chancellor it's his responsibility to verify the fact before he declare it publicly, like he said he deceived public and was going to be removed.

You are still the republic's enemy and what's good for you? The Jedi would not forgive you after you killed 3 masters, the new chancellor would not like you either.

Beniboybling
11.21.2012 , 04:01 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by armphid View Post
All right! Not completely wrong!

That is interesting, what you said about Darth Marr. It might have been that Marr didn't know Malgus' intentions as a reformer; I'd imagine he hid them well. It might also have been that both Darth Marr and Darth Malgus wanted to the "the one" to change the Sith Empire, not "one of the ones," if that makes sense. There's a pretty strong only one person at the top thing with the Sith, even if they're run by a council while the Emperor's on the can (or whatever he's doing).

Not to break from lore, but I suspect is the main reason is that the writers and developers didn't want Darth Malgus on the Council for the whole False Emperor thing or other storylines. So even if it made sense, they wanted to keep him as an inside-outsider.
Your right, keeping him as an outsider makes sense. I do hope they bring him back though.

Slowpokeking
11.21.2012 , 04:30 PM | #27
I wonder who's in charge of the Intelligence now in canon, Jadus or Zhorrid?

BenKatarn
11.21.2012 , 05:19 PM | #28
I wonder who's in charge of the Intelligence now in canon, Jadus or Zhorrid?
I haven't played the Agent that far yet, but wasn't it possible to kill them both?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Slowpokeking
11.21.2012 , 05:31 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
I haven't played the Agent that far yet, but wasn't it possible to kill them both?
No, Jadus could only be captured/or he would ran away and thus Zhorrid is spared, otherwise you join Jadus and kill Zhorrid.

lokdron
11.21.2012 , 11:46 PM | #30
No, Jadus could only be captured/or he would ran away and thus Zhorrid is spared, otherwise you join Jadus and kill Zhorrid.
Yeah I sided with jadus he was too much of an interesting character to get rid of plus he gave me his authority which is nice.

If you don't side with jadus after the chapter 1 finale zhorrid just vanishes and we never hear from her again.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!