Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speeder Piloting III refund refused.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Speeder Piloting III refund refused.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KidPunkStar
11.21.2012 , 08:27 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

We are evaluating these cases on an individual basis and ask for your patience until your current ticket is attended to. Tickets submitted regarding this specific issue will have the refund request denied if the ticket was submitted after the corrected information was made available via forums and the launcher.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
That's just the thing, our tickets AREN'T being answered... Much less looked at. If you would have actually read our posts you would know and understand this... THIS is why we're frustrated!! Let me ask you, WHY would I put up with this from a company I'm paying money to when I can gladly give my money to some other company and actually get help with issues?? You're either not trying and want your customers to leave or you REALLY don't care who is giving you money for a product or what services you provide, either case, you're not just bleeding players now, you're forcing them to leave by completely ignoring them... Well, I can't say completely, you do chime in with yellow posts saying things that aren't related to the topic, the issue at hand, or just delete the posts all together... SO, you're actually TRYING to piss us off to such an extent that the only logical reasoning can be, you don't want us to give you money and want us to leave, which trust me, we are!

natashina
11.21.2012 , 08:33 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Caminari View Post
That's nice.
My purchase was made the day the cartel market went live. It was either the 1st or 3rd purchase I made, before or after unlocking a couple of species, so this really doesn't apply.

And I've been perfectly patient while my first ticket was attended to, until it was then dismissed out of hand with the implication that the mistake was mine. I think that hits a reasonable limit to my patience, don't you?
I did too. Myself and others bought this based upon the tool tip description when the Cartel Market went live. I submitted a ticket and have gotten no response.

I'll try to have some patience though. It's almost Thanksgiving here in the US, which means more mods/CRS taking a few days off. I just hope that the next time the servers come down for maintenance, this is addressed and more importantly, refunded.

samskara
11.21.2012 , 12:40 PM | #23
How can you deny refund requests submitted after the the correct information was put out if most of us didn't know we had been bamboozled until the information was put out. You need to look at when the unlocks were purchased, not when the ticket was put in.

seekerofpower
11.21.2012 , 01:06 PM | #24
Same here. I didn't notice that it didn't work until I logged onto one of my alts after seeing the info in the launcher.
So you are saying, even though I purchased the unlocks the day the market went live, because I didn't put in the ticket until after it was updated on the launcher, that I am out of luck.
I would suggest everyone lawyer up.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

Thylbanus
11.21.2012 , 01:44 PM | #25
Greetings All,

We are evaluating these cases on an individual basis and ask for your patience until your current ticket is attended to. Tickets submitted regarding this specific issue will have the refund request denied if the ticket was submitted after the corrected information was made available via forums and the launcher.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
OR, avoid all the headache and confusion and refund EVERY person who purchased the speederbike unlock for personal consumption, from the time the CCM went live to the time the tooltip was corrected, and send it ingame with an explanation that "THIS character purchased the speederbike unlock during a time when we made an error on the tooltip stating that it was a account wide unlock. If you did intend for just this character to have this unlock, feel free to repurchase this feature." Then remove the unlock that has been applied in this way. It would save you a whole lot of headache and piles of tickets could be effectively voided with such an easy fix.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Ooloi
11.21.2012 , 02:31 PM | #26
Unbelievable.

Way to take something easy and make it hard. The post above this one correctly describes the process you should have selected to make it easy for you and easy for us.

Caminari
11.21.2012 , 04:00 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by samskara View Post
How can you deny refund requests submitted after the the correct information was put out if most of us didn't know we had been bamboozled until the information was put out. You need to look at when the unlocks were purchased, not when the ticket was put in.
I just assumed it was a mis-speak on behalf of Cerimon, and what he meant was that they won't refund purchases made after they posted about the problem, not tickets.
Because to say 'we'll only refund if you knew there was a problem before we announced it, whenever you made the purchase' would be frankly ridiculous.
That's not what you meant, right Cer?

Right?
"Relativity applies to physics, not ethics."~Albert Einstein
╬╬╬╬╬|██████████████████████████████)

potatman
11.21.2012 , 09:44 PM | #28
Yup, they keep on closing my tickets without reading them. They say they cannot refund cartel coins for items I purchased "In error". I applied the unlock on my main toon, so I didn't even get a single unlock out of it. At this point, I would be happy if they just restored the damn item so that I could at least send it to a toon that needed it.

Caminari
11.21.2012 , 10:55 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by potatman View Post
Yup, they keep on closing my tickets without reading them. They say they cannot refund cartel coins for items I purchased "In error". I applied the unlock on my main toon, so I didn't even get a single unlock out of it. At this point, I would be had if they just restored the damn item so that I could at least send it to a toon that needed it.
I'd keep opening tickets arguing that it's unacceptable for them to hold you responsible for their error.
It's what I plan to keep doing until my subscription runs out; which won't be getting renewed if they don't get their act together.
"Relativity applies to physics, not ethics."~Albert Einstein
╬╬╬╬╬|██████████████████████████████)

Valethar
11.22.2012 , 12:58 AM | #30
Greetings All,

Shouldn't be denying them at all when you still haven't fixed the tooltip. Not everyone reads the forums, and most people ignore launcher messages.

It's your mistake that's causing the problem. Those people shouldn't be punished because you're incompetent. The tooltips were fine on the test server, so how did they end up wrong on the live server? Either it was a mistake, or it was intentional. Either way, you should be doing what you can to make it right, not defrauding your customers who bought the item in good faith.

Of course, this is the sort of thing we've all come to expect of an EA affiliate.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."