Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Manifesto

GenStargate
11.21.2012 , 01:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaide View Post

This would be 2400 heal to everyone and not just 4 people

Kolto shell is the single target HoT ability not kolto missile.

cashogy
11.21.2012 , 01:50 AM | #12
For starters the changes you said to Combat Medic would actually increase healing done.

Faster 6300 heal

None of these changes you said would be viable. It would break pve too.

/notsigned
Kolto Shell is Mercs reactive heal. Just like Operative and Sorc with their HoT and Bubble, we should be able to spread our reactive heal to all group members.

a 3s cooldown to Emergency Scan is hardly going to break balance, and i have never seen it heal for any more than 5.5k. Rapid Scan is able to hit similar numbers, and that has no cooldown. this change would simply mean that Merc would have access to its single "oh-crap" heal 3s more often.

2 changes which i think would have a positive effect on Merc healers, without drastically increasing their performance so that it is greater than other healing classes

Dovahbrah
11.21.2012 , 02:55 AM | #13
For starters the changes you said to Combat Medic would actually increase healing done.

Faster 6300 heal

None of these changes you said would be viable. It would break pve too.

/notsigned
Always good to see people who have no idea what they're talking about.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

geftra
11.21.2012 , 03:45 AM | #14
I don't agree with making tracer instant permanently but change a talent so when power shield is active tracer will be instant for a duration, this should keep the class image as it is but give us mobility hen we need it and shouldn't call for the damage reductions.
I believe power shot should be instant to keep inline with pt/van flame burst.
No limit on kolto shell is a great idea and will bring us inline with other healers slightly.
My own would be to bring the higher% healing buff back while super chargegas is active.

I don't like the changing the talents from one tree to another, I like the way they are atm just the deep trees need slight additions to help is out.

yoomazir
11.21.2012 , 04:59 AM | #15
Reducing dmg on Power Shot? Tracer Missile? are you insane? Any more dmg reduction and we'll be the ultimate jokes in pvp (which we are pretty much anyway).

All I'm asking to Bioware is to either make one or various channeled attacks uninterruptible and give us another defensive skill or whatsoever, because when I see a maraudeur that has in battle stealth, dmg reduction skills, a 4 second godmode button, heals and uber dps, I really want some of these skills...

Lalainnia
11.21.2012 , 05:05 AM | #16
I want a slow its very own move not attached to somthing like full auto or kolto bomb and the crappy dots slow. Also some kinda of crappish heal so we have somthing to use if med probe and adv med probe get intterupted. lasty get rid of that useless talent up in the healing tree that ticks ur tramua probe off when u hammershot an enemy.
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

LeonHawkeye
11.21.2012 , 10:11 AM | #17
Bump for justice. Although half of these changes are not exactly what we need, we definitely demand attention this patch, nothing less will be accepted. If we go another patch without viable and adequate changes, I'm done and unsubed permanently. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

20-30m Jetpack ablity, either targeted or backwards from out current point.

Castable while moving full auto.

Reliable way to proc Sweltering heat snare.

Reduced cooldown on our knockback concussive charge down to 15 seconds again, this nerf did not make sense.

Increase charged barrier damage reduction back to 2% per point, this change also did not make sense. We're a heavy armor class, let us actually have the damage mitigation heavy armor demands.

Keep the knockback in addition with the snare of Concussive force, giving a RANGED class a 4m snare is just plain counterproductive, at least make it worthwhile using and a real game changer. Drastically reduce resolve produced from knockback.

These are a few of the less intrusive changes the Mando/Merc Community has been suggesting for months and to be honest I still think we need more to be ranked viable. If nothing is done in 1.6 the extinction of Mando/Mercs is absolute.

Bugattiboy
11.21.2012 , 10:23 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
- change Muzzle Fluting, a tier 2 box, from .5s cast reduction to 2s cast reduction. this makes tracer missle.
Just based on this, I say no. We don't any more "tracer missle, tracer missle, tracer missle..." than we already have.

germil
11.21.2012 , 12:29 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonHawkeye View Post
Bump for justice. Although half of these changes are not exactly what we need, we definitely demand attention this patch, nothing less will be accepted. If we go another patch without viable and adequate changes, I'm done and unsubed permanently. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Agreed. I am currently enjoying my time on Rift, but I would like to play both game. I am not from the biggest part of the community, playing a Commando only, for PVP only but it matters. Not only for the few reminding players in our situation, but for the game as a whole. This is just not serious to keep a situation like this for so long (since 1.2...). People (even not playing Commando) won't invest time in this game if it lakes credibility because Devs/Community managers are not responsive/aware of problem like this. I don't care about cosmetic changes, puppets or new compagnons. I wan't to enjoy my time in PVP and not smash my keyboard every time.

cashogy
11.21.2012 , 01:25 PM | #20
instant power shot/tracer missile does nothing but improve Mercs ability to maintain its DPS while mobile and/or under pressure from enemies. this is something that Merc DESPERATELY lacks right now

a temporary interrupt immunity does not solve it, because Merc being effective is tied directly to casting abilities 8 times out of 10. that, and interrupt immunity protects only against interrupts, not against knockbacks, pulls, leaps, etc. there are more ways to interrupt casts, other than interrupts.

in conjunction with making those abilities instant, moving the damage output to the back-end would be necessary in my opinion. the overall result would be the slightest reduction in overall damage, as i have already outlined. but in order to maintain balance, this is necessary.

and to those of you that think this will increase Tracer Missile spam, how do you still not realize that Tracer Missile spam is going nowhere? Arsenal is 100% dependent upon using Tracer Missile as a filler/set-up ability. Casted or instant, Tracer Missile is still going to be the most frequently used ability by Arsenal spec'd mercs.

now, for those of you that think we need skills like marauders, or that we need leaps or burst runs, i suggest that you re-roll as the classes that possess those tools. Merc does not need those abilities. As far as "escape" abilities go, the two i have suggested would be simple to implement and have a very positive effect.

you need to keep in mind when you suggest things, that creating a new ability is a multi-departmental task. the more departments involve, the longer it takes for anything to get done. almost all of the changes i suggested merely required re-writing some of the values in the coding. much easier to accomplish these changes that to create whole new abilities that really do not solve anything